2010 Mitsubishi Lancer

Based on 339 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

Solid car, but lacking in fit and finish

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Handling, exterior styling, front seats, A/C"

Cons: "Ride, Rattles/Squeaks, interior materials, paint"

"I have a 2010 GTS Sportback and am generally pleased with it. Decent performance, low price, nice exterior styling (looks more expensive than it is), comfortable seats, great air conditioner, good handling. That said, it does have very cheap interior materials (my old 2002 Mazda had better plastics), there are a number of buzzes and rattles and it rides like an old mini-pickup and the paint is paper thin and easily scratched/chipped. Plus the MPG is pretty lackluster. I get 20 in city, 26 on the highway. The main draw for me was the styling and low price (got a great discount on a new leftover 2010). It was about 3K-4K less than a comparable Mazda3 or Honda Civic."

Works great! Good Buy!

By on Friday, March 12, 2010

"I am very pleased with my mitsubishi Lancer 09. I previously owned a Lancer 05 and did a trade in. I have had it for a year and has given me no problems what so ever. I love the style. My only recent problem is that my family is growing and I am afraid I might have to get an SUV instead. Hopefully I'll get to keep it:) Thank you Mitsubishi!"

Great value

By on Friday, July 22, 2016

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "unexciting interior"

"This was a very reliable car during the 2 years we owned it. IT had plenty of power and the 4 wheel drive never let us down. Fun to drive. The interior was very basic. nothing special. A lot of plastic. There are many other vehicles out there with more attractive interiors at this price point. But Mitsubishi vehicles are great value super reliable. We bought another Mitsubishi. Love em."

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "reliable, good looking, fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "not the best mileage averaged 24"

"I bought the manual lancer gts and I got a chance to drive my friends Lancer gts which has the cvt transmission. My friend drove the cvt for 5 years and it was a great car. The engine stays at a very low rpm (just below 2000 for the cvt) and gets good gas mileage if you don't have a lead foot. Same goes for the manual but at 70 mph the engine spins at 3000 rpm which is a bit high. Still I averaged 24 mpg (city and highway driving). I got a chance to take both the cvt and the manual for some spirited driving on highway 9 and both are a blast to drive. Both cars aren't very quick but the manual is a bit faster and is also more reliable. For anyone planning on buying a Lancer I would suggest getting the manual especially if you are buying it used. Haven't ran into any transmission problems with the manual for 106000 miles. My friend had to replace his transmission at 100000 miles."

Amazing

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Too many to mention...amazing car."

Cons: "ACD pump relocation if winter driven"

"Fast and the most amazing vehicle I've ever owned...love it. Price compared to ability is unmatched by any other car."

This is a GREAT car!!!!!!

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, super fast, very good looking."

Cons: "Interior lacks, Police Maganet!!"

"Let me start off by saying I now own, or have owned most "Performance" cars that generally fall into this price bracket...2 STi's, Mazdaspeed 3&6, S2000, and a GTI. This one is the best all around car for the $$$$ hands down! The performance could only be matched by one of my STi's and that car has $7000 under the hood; and my MR will very narrowly loose to it and its stock!! The Twin-clutch is amazing! I have shaved times down on every track I've been too, and to be honest the ride is not bad on regular roads...with that being said just remember what you are buying if you want a "cushy" ride don't buy a sports car! My biggest complaint is the interior. It's not that bad but compared to the other cars I have owned it is very cheap, but in retrospect none of the other cars were as fast "stock" or as fun to drive. The best advice I can give if you are buying one...tell the dealer to keep the super trash sound system<--as its horrible, but who is really listening to the music when you can listen to that great motor!"

Best car for th price

By on Thursday, January 3, 2013

"Never had a problem with it. Very versitale, good on gas and loooks great"

I LOVE MY CAR!!!!

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, sporty look."

Cons: "Noise when you get going......but over all GREAT!!"

"I have saved for 5 yrs to buy a new car and I decided on the Lancer GTS 2010. I found a great deal at car max. It was listed at 17,999.00 which for the low mile was a great deal!! I love the look, feel and drive! I do have to say it is noisy when you first start off but then it's smooth driving. I would not trade it for another! The few things like noise,etc... are not that bad. It does look like it cost more then I paid. Very happy with this car. I was driving a Honda accord 1996 with 240,000 miles on it so any car would be a step up from that. I also owned a Mits. Lancer 2003 and hit a parked car on the freeway at 70mph and that car crashed so well I was barley hurt. This also made me look into buying another one, it sounds funny but they crash really well :)"

Great gas mileage

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride,great mileage , and interior features"

Cons: "super weak power wise , and a little noisy"

"Yeah i know that its not the evo x but i still think that the cvt transmission is holding back the car . I bought it with the knowledge that it was a cvt transmission but i didnt know it would suck this bad . Other then the lacking power its a great car , excellent mileage i get 24 mpg in the city and 33 on the highway . Super smooth ride kind of suprised me . The options that my lancer has makes it nice the seats are comfortable controls on the steering wheel and handsfree for the cell phone which can stream music love that option. Like i said in the begining great car just need more power makes it hard to get on the freeway!!!!!"

love it so far

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "great price - awesome packages"

Cons: "Loud start at first"

"We got the alloy, deluxe and audio packages (including sirius radio) with this vehicle. We absolutely love it so far. Sporty look to a family car. Loud start at first but then it gets quiet. Can't beat the car for the money. Great gas mileage. We were looking at a Hyundai Accent or Elantra - for the price we got a lot more options and a bigger engine (for the hills). Great leg room for the kids in the back plus split back seat."

Great Car!

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "Sporty, fun to drive, Turbo, list goes on"

Cons: "Gas mileage, back seats cannot fold down"

"If you want a car that looks sporty and is fun to drive, this is it. This car looks and drives great. The lines of the car and the front of it look so agressive. Best car I have ever owned hands down and I've owned several in my life time so far. This car has good power and is responsive. The sport mode is also a lot of fun to drive in as well."

Great car, bad paint

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, great MPG, great lookin"

Cons: "Paint, road noise"

"I bought my 2008 Lancer ES used in February 2011. Everything was perfect about the car until the snow went away and realized my black paint was chipping all the way up my doors on both sides. Even though I'm still under warranty, Mitsubishi decided it wasn't their problem (it's a design and paint flaw). Apparently it's my fault because I don't have mud guards (that never came on the car)? Anyways, besides the paint issue the only other thing I don't like it how loud the road noise is. But that's what music takes care of I guess. Other than those two things the car is excellent. The steering/turning radius is amazing and I love the aggressive looking front end. I've had not one problem with anything mechanical since I've owned it. The Lancer is sturdy and drives well in snow/rain. I'd recommend the Lancer if Mitsubishi resolved their horrible paint...I should have known better with that, being that Mitsubishi is notorious for bad paint. And between highway and city my average MPG is about 30."

Well Worth it

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks good, great handling"

Cons: "Not good for long trips, no arm rest on console"

"I bought this car recently and immediately fell in love with it. Sadly, I only got the bare base model with automatic windows (no locks). The car drives like a dream, handles extremely well and definitely has the power to do what I need and have fun with it too. The gas mileage isn't spectacular, but I can usually get 29-30 consistently. My biggest problem with the car is it is NOT comfortable for long drives. I took it down to Florida from NC and I had to stop more often because I was stiff."

NICE CAR

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

"09 LANCER GTS, SO FAR SO GOOD NOT AS BAD ON GAS AS SOME SAY REMEBER THIS IS NOT A 2.0 WITH 110 HP FUN TO DRIVE AND AS OF YET VERY RELIABLE"

Supercar Performance, Japanese Reliability

By on Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"And Mitsubishi price tag. You cannot do any better in handling unless you move up to the supercar classes. Period. Acceleration is intense bone stock, but these cars were not meant to stay stock. With nothing more than exhaust mods and an ECU flash, you will be pushing 400 crank horsepower-and getting 22mpg. I've owned them all: FD RX7's, STi's, WRX Bugeye, even a Skyline. Evo trumps them all. It's comfortable "enough" for a sports car. The interior quality is a little lacking, but hey, its a Lancer inside. You're paying extra for the motor and suspension, not much else. For looks, well, these cars look like they are going to jump of the pavement, punch you in the face, take your shoes and your lunch money. That mean."

Reliable & fun-to-drive.

By on Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"I bought my 2008 Lancer GTS when it first came out in mid 2007 after my Toyota Corolla was totalled. I've been driving this car for almost 3 years now everyday and I have no complaints. I had driven my Corolla for 8 years and comparing it with this car, I prefer driving my new Lancer GTS. It has more power and definitely more fun to drive. It looks sportier too than the Corolla or Civic. It has a lot of cool gadgets and hi-tech installed (on GTS), and has NO recall up-till-now. I'm not working from any auto dealership and you can send me e-mail if you need more info about this car."

Near Supercar Performance in a tin can

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"One of the best cars I have ever owned. I also owned a 2006 STi, and although the seats were better in the STi, the Evo is better in almost every other way. The Evo X has a nice ride quality, better than the previous models. It is bigger, sadly, but not too big. The SAWC system is insane. The engine begs to be tuned out of the box. You can pull an easy 350bhp out of these with nothing but bolt ons-and still pull 22mpg! Some rattles, interior quality not the best, but a corner had to be cut somewhere to get that price point."

Lancer

By on Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Lancer has got the best standard features that are in so manty other cars, not included. I own an 10' Lancer GTS bought it a few days ago. offered 18, 500 for the car which had navi and bluetooth hands free cell phone capability feature as 'extras'. Within a fw days i got a repsonse and i got the car.....it had a sticker price of $19,700 so i'd say an amzing car....great for college students like me!"

Lot's of feature's, so-so reliability

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"I traded in a fully loaded 06 Lexus IS350 for an 08 Lancer GTS due to financial reasons. I had bought a new house, got engaged etc. However, overall I'm impressed with this car. When it comes to features I didn't lose much when compared to the IS. The GTS has bluetooth, paddleshifters, Nav, TPMS, 18 inch rims all for under $23K! However as expected there is a big difference in refinement between the 2 cars. Also a month after I bought the Lancer the throttle body went out on the car which I thought was weird for a brand new car. The dealer took care off the problem promptly and they gave me a loaner car while the car was in the shop. Now there is weird noise coming from the fan when I turn on the heater. No big deal, it goes away eventually. Either way I would still buy this car over the Civic and Corolla anyday due to how fun it is value and styling."

car drives very well

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "nice car, drives great"

Cons: "don't like the black interior"

"this is my second lancer, I enjoy the drive and ride, but I don't like the black interior it picks up everything...would have chosen a different interior color,over all very nice car. My first lancer I had for 10 years, not one bit of problem with it.....hope this one will do as well."

Incredible vehicle

By on Saturday, April 16, 2016

Pros: "Really fun to drive"

Cons: "A little loud"

"The Lancer has a really fast response when picking up speed to be a 4 cylinder. It's the most amazing 4 cylinder I've ever driven. It runs smooth, it has a cute sound, it connects to my blue tooth within 3 minutes after I get into the car and start driving. It connects to my music as well not just to my phone calls."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "Handling, traction/stability, performance"

Cons: "Poor mpg, uncomfortable for long trips."

"I should probably start out by saying that I've been obsessed with the EVO X ever since its debut in 2008. I didn't care too much for the previous models because of how "boxy" they looked (same applies to the STI, although with the STI, they're no longer boxy, but the EVO X styling just did something for me). But I've always had a huge amount of respect everytime I would drive by an older gen EVO or STI knowing how much power is just waiting to be unleashed under the hood. Finally in 2011, I built up the courage to pursue my dream car. I found a wicked white EVO X with heated leather seats, moonroof, and navigation. Granted this is pretty much fully loaded, it was still very rare to find this combination. Prior to this I had test drove a used 2008 with 50000 miles on it and I was very impressed with the feel and responsiveness. Shortly before that, I had the opportunity to drive a BMW 330xi with the 300 hp twin turbo engine. Needless to say, I preferred the EVO X. I've had the car for about a year and a half now and I'll list the pros and cons that I've found in the sections below. Pros: - Amazing handling: This car handles like a dream. Nice tight steering and it feels like you're very much "one" with the car at all times. - S-AWC: The traction/stability control on this thing is out of this world. Let's just say it saved my life one time when I was taking a curved ramp a little too fast and it was wet from rain. My tail end started to lose grip and just as I thought I was about to wipe out and crash, it was as if the car knew exactly what was happening and it fixed itself. Within half a second, I had regained traction and avoided what could've been a miserable accident. - Performance: With the 291 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque, the accelerator is just begging to be floored. Sometimes I really have to constrain myself from driving like a maniac. Cons: - MPG: Unfortunately with any performance vehicle, that performance comes with a price and typically it's less than desirable gas mileage. I average about 20 mpg and with having to use premium fuel, I end up coughing up quite a bit to keep this car going, especially since this is my daily driver. - Comfort: Again, just about any high performance vehicle will be equipped with a sports suspension, which is quite a bit tighter than the average suspension. So with that you tend to feel every bump in the road. Add to that the hardened recaro bucket seats (which I love by the way, but they just make you feel every bump even more), than this car becomes less then ideal for long-distance driving. Overall, I bought this car fully aware of the cons, but to me the pros greatly out-weigh the cons and to me it was worth every penny. I plan on keeping this car for a long long time."

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "BLAST to drive, very fast!"

Cons: "high price, cheap interior."

this in mine!!!

"This is by far the greatest car i have ever owned! car handles like a dream and is the quickest car in its price range!"

this in mine!!!

I love my car!

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive"

"This car was not originally one that I was considering buying, but once I drove it I fell in love!! I have a 2011 ES, and it handles great. It is amazing on gas; I've gotten up to 35 mpg on the highway. A few weeks after I bought it, I drove it across the country with no problems whatsoever. The inside is also extremely roomy, and has tons of great features for the price. Mine has almost every option available, and was still significantly cheaper than other comparable cars."

GREAT vehicle!

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"I have 60000 miles and STILL have not had a SINGLE problem with my car. I added some aftermarket parts and made it even faster. This car is so reliable, comfortable, I get GREAT gas mileage and I drive like a total jerk. (Gun it at every light, drive 85mph on the the freeway, 60mph in the city) and still get 23miles to a gallon. No joke!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Lancer near Honolulu. See local deals