2010 Mitsubishi Lancer

Based on 338 Ratings for the 2008 - 2017 models.

Excellent Choice!

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"When shopping, I was comparing this vehicle against the 2010 Mazda3. While almost every aspect is comparable, I found the Mazda3 styling hideous. Also, the Mitsubishi offers a 5/60k bumper 2 bumper 10/100k powertrain warranty. Some may say this is not necessary, but from past experience with Mazdas, it really pays to have a long warranty. The warranty makes me much more comfortable with my purchase of the Mitsubishi. The vehicle itself is amazing. I got everything I wanted, for a competitive price. The handling is impressive. The power on the 2.4L w/ CVT is acceptable. I really like the CVT, and would never buy another std automatic again. The styling is distinctive, w/o being over the top. The interior is modern and simple. The additional tech stuff like bluetooth, RF stereo, and info display are great for this level vehicle. The downsides are as follows, but keep in mind that this is an economy car, and other manufacturers seem to be similar. While the stiff suspension is great carving turns, it can be harsh on broken roadway. There is some road noise, mainly from the tires and limited sound deadening. However, if these issues were addressed, which I plan to do, this car could be a poor-mans Audi or BMW. If you are in the market for this type of vehicle, you should seriously consider the Lancer. Whether it is the base model, GTS or Ralliart, I think you would be very satisfied with your purchase."

great buy

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"i love this car. i have been reading other reviews on here that are not about the ralliart mainly about the GTS but i have the ralliart. the twin cluth transmission that a lot of manual lover knock is actually great its very responsive and can shift way faster than anyone driving a stick. the acceleration on it is good it puts u in your seat. i drove this car from ohio to cali and have no complaints.the keyless start and the fast key to open your door is a nice feature u never have to take your keys out of your pocket. but ive had this car for about a month now and love it its a great car for the money it has room in the back seat for passangers and is quick. maybe the only thing i have against it is the gas mileage but i was used to driving a car that got 30 mpg combined."

Solid Car for the Price

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Bought this car in July 2008, only GTS on the lot and wasnt even out in front of the dealership. Have thus far driven it from 11 miles on the odometer when we drive away that day to about 15k when we moved across country. Car is very solid, smooth idling, and great gas mileage. Only rated for 28 on the highway but I have gotten as hi as 31 in my standard GTS cruising for long periods of time at 70mph. Only problem we had thus far was when my 4 year old pulled on the seat belt too hard too many times all the way out and the mechanism broke, but that was a quick and free under warranty fix from the dealership. Plenty of power, which really surprised me coming from this 4cyl. You can really feel it put when it gets up and past 4,000 RPM, and its not like its sluggish before then at all. Simple but solid interior. I got no extra options, just as base a GTS as you can get and I love it. Solid handling, great gas mileage, goes when you put your foot in it and can have plenty of fun, but still plenty of room and good enough as a daily driver with two kids. Highly recommend."

Good econo car

By on Thursday, October 30, 2008

"The 08-09 Lancer DS/ES serves its purpose well; gets good MPG while looking cool. That's about it though. I sold my '07 RX-8 which got 18 MPG at best and I thought I could live with less of a car for better MPG, but ehh, not really. Mitsubishi forgot to build "Fun" into the equation when designing the Lancer. This car is about as fun as driving a tug-boat. No power, soft suspension, and iff quality. The car understeers on even the softest corners and the transmission is so ill-matched to the engine that you can never get a good rythm with shifting. All said, I miss my RX-8, but at 32 MPG with the Lancer I can't complain too much. Sometimes I even hit 42 MPG which is cool. So, if you are thinking of trading in your "Fun" car for this econo car don't do it. Buy a cheaper car and find a way to keep both. Pro's: Excellent MPG (especially for such a heavy car), big trunk, tons of back seat room, comfortable seats, lots of digital display instrument feedback, tight turning radius, looks cool, cheap overal price. Con's: NO POWER (2.0L) Gearing seems all wrong (MT), Super soft suspension, tons of body roll, interior is marginal, climate controls look like Mattel designed them, OE tires are noisy."

Great car for the price!

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Good price, lots of features, aggressive styling"

Cons: "no telescoping steering wheel, lots of plastic"

the eyes!

"I absolutely love this car. Paired with a 5 speed manual transmission, the car is responsive and fun to drive. the fuse system is very convenient, and the stock stereo comes with all the features you want in a head unit."

the eyes!

Great car!

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "bad in snow"

"I absolutely love my 2009 Lancer! It gets great gas mileage and is very reliable. The only reason I gave it a 7/10 in reliability is because I live in Colorado and it does not do well in the snow. I have all weather tires on it and it does ok, but hills on snowy days are always an event. I have had hardly any mechanical issues with it. Nothing outside the usual maintenance. Considering my car is going on it's 5th year it still feels and looks brand new. Also the warranty is very good and the mechanics at the dealership are helpful and honest. I couldn't be happier and would highly recommend looking at Mitsubishi."

Great mileage, perf, room, and ride.

By on Saturday, July 6, 2013

Pros: "performance, economical, and roomy."

Cons: "Cabin is a bit noisy."

"I have the 2.4 L with the 6-speed automatic. My 20 year old son bought it, my wife cosigned (I'm 54), he lost his job now it's mine and I'm keeping it. It's comfortable, easy on gas )30 to 35 mpg, great performance and handling, and loves the open road. Great acceleration even after 70. It just keeps accelerating. Almost dangerous fast on the highway. Nice ride, but a little noisy. Looks awesome. It also has a very nice stereo. Ride stabilization comes in very handy. Paddle shifters are a great feature."

I love my car!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "Awesome price, drives smooth, great sound system,"

Cons: "not enough trunk space, no rear dome light"

"I bought this car in May of 2007. As of today (12/13/12) I have not had any problems, mechanical or otherwise, with the car. This car has been on trips to Virginia (2 months after we bought it), Orlando a few times, Pennsylvania, and Texas. It still drives great. I love the sound system and navigation system in the car. The bluetooth is very useful. I just love driving it! After 5 1/2 years I still can't wait to get in and drive it every day. I don't like that there is no rear dome light, but that's the downfall to having a sunroof. The only reason I am wanting to trade it in is because I want something a bit bigger due to expanding my family, only because the trunk will fit the stroller and nothing else. If it weren't for that I would keep this car till it fell apart, which would be a very long time judging by the condition it is still in after 5 1/2 years."

Great car for a daily driver but paint chips alot

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Evo Looks, Wing, Mpg, Seat Comfort, Interior Room"

Cons: "Thin Paint, Rattles, Cheap plastic, Flimsy Visor"

"I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES model, I currently have 15k miles on it and so far no problem. The ES model has 148 HP, decent acceleration and passing power on the freeway. But you'll definitely hear engine noise if u step on the gas. Exterior is excellent, this car has the looks of an EVO X, many mistakes it for an EVO because I paint my front grill black just like an Evo. This car still looks fresh eventhough the design has been out since 08. Interior has too much plastic, rattles on the driver side door, wind noise on freeway speed. But very simple easy to use gauges, buttons and layout. Seats are comfy for short and long trips, 3 adults fits in the back seat just fine with lots of head & leg room. Thist car handles well on corners, steering has tight feel to it. 16 inch alloy wheels with yokohama tires soaks up bumps just fine but you will still a little of road roughness. Gas mileage is decent, the mileage on the sticker is accurate. 460 miles on a full tank. Overall, this car has been a very daily driver, but the paint chips easily, i have a couple of rock chips on the hood and side skirt. The warranty doesnt cover rock chips repair, paint has to be peeled or faded for them to cover it. Dont get fooled by the 148 hp, cos this car has power. Just Shift it perfectly and youll get from 0-60 in 7 sec. Im satisfied with my car my Mitsu. Oh and MItsu has the best warranty!"

Great Engineering, Shoddy Quality

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Performance wise this car has been great. It came from the dealership with horrible Dunlop tires but replacing them with something with more grip really changes the car and makes it an awesome ride. I've had nothing but problems with the electrical and paint since I bought the car new a year ago. The foglights never work and the dealership has tried to fix them multiple times. The paint easily chips and scratches with the slightest tap or brush of a backpack/jacket against the car. The hood latch broke after 6 months use and was stuck shut. Once we managed to open it, it would take multiple attempts to close and latch properly. I never had any of these issues with my 06 Lancer. I drove it to 100k miles and it was a trooper, nothing ever broke."

Great car

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I bought my 08 lancer in Oct. of 07. I had read all the reviews at the time and all the specs. I loved the new design and the fact that it has 7 air bags. I choose the 5 speed manual because I didn't like the feel of the CVT. Now after 51000 miles I have only one complaint, the factory installed tires are junk. Other then that no problems at all. I get a consistant 32 to 35 mpgs on the freeway, thats the differance between 65 and 85 mph. After putting new tires on it at 25000 miles, I choose BFGs traction T/As, the handling and ride improved greatly over the factory tires. Love the 5 speed, the engine has enough power to run up hills at 65 mph with 4 passengers and a trunk load of camping gear with out down shifting. Would I buy one again you betch."

UPDATE

By on Friday, October 2, 2009

"After owning my 08 GTS for 2 years and 28k miles it has performed flawless! I can easily avg. 32 mpg on the highway with a combined avg of 30 mpg on my last tank. It has only been serviced by Mitsubishi techs and it still has the original dunlop tires with some tread left! The only con is this car is SCARY on snow! I will be replacing them soon with Goodyear Eagle GTs for much improved traction in snow. Thanks Mitsubishi"

Lancer ES

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"This is my first brand new car, I believe for the price and all the warranties and facilities I was provided by the Dealer there is no better chance to get a top quality vehicle, with features you'll find in other brands as extras, you have comfort, quality and very high stilling car."

SoSo

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"I bought this in march I own the GTS automatic fully loaded and I was expecting a faster ride but its only a 4 cylinder and its not as fast as expected. Its also not that comfortable on long rides. On the other hand it has some nifty features and I would recommend it to anyone that doesnt plan on driving more then a daily commute."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive. Very good on snow."

"Very dependable. Only replaced a tie rod since purchased new. Finally did a brake job. Due to carelessness tire changing, had 2 tire monitor sensors replaced. Overall a very dependable vehicle used to drive 100 miles a day back and forth to work."

Great car with some minor issues.

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Unique look, topnotch handling and acceleration"

Cons: "Turbo lag and gas milage"

"First off this car is for people who like to drive fast. You can use it for destination trips but its main purpose is to inspire fun when you turn it on. That said the pros: Unbelievable handling and break neck acceleration. I've beaten Camaros, Infinites, and Porsches. Once you learn how to properly launch which I'll talk about in a minute. The car looks hot. Mitsu upped the anti on the design and gave it a slicker look but still kept its aggressive features. The interior is decent but its the same interior for all versions of the lancer which is disappointing. The car turns heads and sounds awesome too. Sport mode is so much fun!!! The cons: Fuel economy. With a turbo charger trying to spin up the 2.0 liter engine into an 5.0 liter you're going to use up gas. You'll average about 18 miles per gallon. The transmission is awesome and a thing to behold with one caveat. When in idle say at a stop sign the transmission grabs with authority making stop and go traffic very annoying to drive in. The lancer is equipped with the most annoying seat belt warning sound invented by man. Which you will discover the 1st time you take it off to get your wallet when in line for fast food. It keeps going off even in park! Lastly the cup holder was poorly designed. It holds a cup well but don't use it as a change holder you'll never get those last few coins out. Sometimes if you turn the on engine start switch to fast the fuel pump will not have pumped the gas through the line and the car won't start. And lastly turbo lag. Its annoying when driving around sharp turns and especially from a dead stop. You step on the gas and it feels like there's nothing there then all of a sudden your jolted forward. The trade off being gobbs of torque that make it all worth it! As promised a tip on launching. DO NOT NEUTRAL DROP. Your transmission and clutch will disintegrate and your dealer will not cover it. A safer and more effective way to launch is simply to hold the brake with your right foot and tap tap tap the revs on the Tach up to about 2500 rpm. This will give an extra second off the line normally eaten up by turbo lag. Enjoy, drive safe, respect traffic laws, and have a great time!"

car drives very well

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "nice car, drives great"

Cons: "don't like the black interior"

"this is my second lancer, I enjoy the drive and ride, but I don't like the black interior it picks up everything...would have chosen a different interior color,over all very nice car. My first lancer I had for 10 years, not one bit of problem with it.....hope this one will do as well."

Best car ever owned...

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Performance, Wet/snowy day capability, practical"

Cons: "fuel mileage"

"Performance, Practicallity and looks. This car is AMAZING!!! The Ralliart's TCSST transmission is aplomb, as is the engine. PLUS, its a Sportback as well so picnics, bikes, costco stuff etc., everything fits. The only drawback is the mpg are horrendous if on the throtle. But if driving normally, 20-23 mpg mixed. LOVE IT!!!!"

Very happy

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"We love the gas mileage. 38 highway on trips and 32 mpg per tank on our normal weekly driving. The trunk is surprisingly big and plenty of room in the back seats for average adults. The cvt transmission took a little getting use to but is super smooth on cruise control"

Love this car!

By on Friday, June 24, 2011

Pros: "never have problems"

Cons: "no arm rest in my model."

"This is my second lancer. First one was an 03 oz rally and now 2010 DE. the car handles great and i take it on road trips all of the time. very comfortable. i don't even have cruise control but its easy to drive. its an automatic with the cvt and its pretty quick for being a 4 cylinder. i'm hard on my cars, i even take them off road and i've never had any problems with them."

By on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"My girlfriend bought this car a few months ago and it is great. She got the GTS, 5-speed manual edition. The look of the car is great, it drives very smoothly, and the interior is amazing. Comfortable and sporty looking to the very last detail. Great on gas as well. Would absolutely recommend this car to anyone who wants a sporty but functional (ie 4 door) vehicle"

love it

By on Sunday, July 12, 2009

"have had this vehicle for over two years and have not had a single problem as of yet."

Great car, just needs some work

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"I have had the car for about a year now and I have had to have the starter replaced 2 times already and it is still having trouble starting, my mechanism on the window broke off making the driver side window completely blow out, and my tire pressure light turns on randomly without needing air in the tires. The car does have great gas mileage and has a decent pickup, good for your money, just has some problems that need to be straightened out in newer models."

Good Deal

By on Friday, August 22, 2008

"Well I have had my 09 GTS for three months now and I really love he car over all. I drove most of the major brands and I think the Lancer is priced very well for all that you get. I really like the Tech package that comes with this car its really well integrated. The Fosgate system sounds really good too. The power is really decent while cursing but from a stop it would be nice to have a bit more torque. Its nothing your right foot can't over come by bring up the RPMS to where the power is and the trade off I guess is you have very good power at speed which its competitors lacked. All the competitors comparable cars I drove had a bit more torque from a stop but ran out of strong acceleration at about 60 MPH and that is where the Lancer shins. So there is no passing problems! The handling is great! The gas mileage runs on average about 27 MPG but I do get as high as 34 MPG if im on fairly flat ground and keeping my speed below 70. Once you past 70 you notice a good drop in MPG. I do have two issue with the Lancer.....one is that the body panels are very thin and dent super easy and the seat material is not going to wear very well. I have two major dents from people being careless with there doors and I don't think they would have been so bad if the gage of metal was not so thin!"

Overall Review of Lancer

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pros: "Fun, sharp curve, not heavy, reliable"

"The performance is incredible. Very comfortable and easy to steer while driving the vehicle. Of course, not as fast with the Mitsubishi Lancer SE, but with Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution is impossible to deny it has the speed and performance. My is a Lancer SE and my brother drives the same car, but an Evolution. He also purchased a Lexus LC 500h. Lancer SE (240 hp) Lancer Ralliart (290 hp) Lancer Evolution (385 hp) Overall, I would give it at least 9/10."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Lancer near Honolulu. See local deals