2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews

Nice Vehicle-Cheap Paint

By on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Pros-styling, features, looks, tech Cons-paint The paint started to chip about 20 miles away from the dealership. Now a year later and there are about 15 dime sized paint chips everywhere."

Great Car, Easy to Maintain, Low Long Term Cost

By on Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Pros: "This car will last, if you let it!"

Cons: "Cannot find repair manuals (Haynes or Chilton)"

"I am the first and only owner of my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES. Ive done my own maintenance per the manufacturers schedule and owners manual. And I havent run into any major issues yet! Ive only had one minor issue two weeks ago. I had an engine oscillation issue where the car engine RPM speed would vary between 400-600 RPM at idle (~700 RPM is nominal) and the oscillations would become aggravated when the in-cabin fan (heat/AC) would be turned on. Ive had trouble finding repair manuals for the Lancer in auto-shops & online but found some you tube videos (in Spanish) where other Lancers had similar issues. The solution was to clean the throttle body with the butterfly valve open with carburetor cleaner. Afterwards, I turned the car on and the oscillations were gone! For good measure, I used Sea Foam Cleaner and Lube to help clear out the air intake system and see if that made a difference to my engine performance. I also decided to change my oil and replace the air and oil filter. I checked the spark plugs and noticed there was some oil residue on them. I checked the valve stem gasket and realized it wasnt providing a proper seal (cracked/dryrot) hence the oil on the spark plugs. I replaced that gasket. After all this, the car drove as good as new! As long as you treat the engine and transmission well, this car will last you a VERY long time. Disclaimer: I dont really care for luxuries, but the inside is nice in my perspective. The plastic interior has kept its shape and color over the years. I love the look of post 2007 Lancers. The paint on the rear right quarter panel is faded but I have no rust so far. The car is comfortable and the price I got it for was well worth the money. To me, there is no question that this car gets a 10/10 for quality especially when this car has never failed me. It has gone through numerous road trips and I will continue to travel with it as well! ALSO, the turning radius on this car is magnificent, especially in urgent U-turns. Haha!"

Very good car

By on Monday, June 30, 2008

"I think it is a good car for the money, the interior could use a little work. It does accelerate a little slow at first but I'm still getting used to it. It's very sharp looking, great sound system, and love the 5 speed."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted