2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

Based on 599 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Reliable

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"I have had the 2002 ES model for over 4 years now. The car has had no major problems. I try not to push the car too hard in hopes of extending its life as much as possible. So far, so good. Gas mileage 28 to 32 mpg. Roomier than one would expect. I am well over 6' and have plenty of room. Decent sound system. Perhaps too much on the bass side, but its cool if you like that. Respectable get up and go, but some may prefer a bit more power. Changing the oil is not a hassle or over expensive. Small tires do not last long. I feel it is worth getting a better, more expensive tire that will last longer. It can be loud driving down the highway, especially on a highway that is not very smooth. Overall, I have gotten my money's worth out of this car and hope to use it for more years to come."

Great Niche Vehicle, Driving Ethusiasts Only

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Great handling! Great track car!"

Cons: "Noisy, rough ride. (Not a problem for me.)"

Great high performance car!

"Bought this vehicle new in 2005 and it's fantastic! Fantastic, for those who are drivers. Yes, I've taken it on the track, beautiful track car! On the other hand, it has a stiff ride, noisy and will not be appreciated for those whose priority is not performance and handling dynamics. (I drive an 18-wheeler for a living, yes I love driving)"

Great high performance car!

I love my lancer

By on Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Excellent value for the price. My girlfriend and I both have one. Our lancers has been very reliable and get about 30mpg. The body has a very cool and sporty look. The interior is spacious. We have only encountered two small problems. The temperature setting is stuck on cool all the time but we don't mind because we live in Phoenix and don't really need the heater. The other problem is the gas cover won't open with the switch so we have to pry it open manually with a key or a discount card. Other than these two small defects we both agree that the Lancer is an excellent every day vehicle that is reliable, stylish, and easy on the pocket book."

Best Car I've Had

By on Saturday, May 24, 2008

"After purchasing a Mitsubishi Eclipse 10 years ago I thought I'd never get another Mitsubishi. The car was cursed, anything that could go wrong did and in a big way. After going to my local dealership to try to find a replacement door handle (yes it fell off too) I noticed that they were selling a sporty little yellow car. Oddly enough, I had seen the same car several months earlier following an accident in the Eclipse, and didn't think much of it. I took a closer look at it this time, and decided it was the car for me. I bought my Lancer the same day and it has been wonderful. Of course, being a Mitsubishi it has a lot of paint issues especially on the Spoiler (faded) and under the doors (both sides chipped). The brakes are the only thing I've had any issues with, and that was solved rather easily, I just found out my car needs more expensive brake pads (so get the lifetime replacement warranty). My car now has over 104,000 miles on it (I purchased it brand new, put the first mile on it during my test drive) and it has been by far the best car ever for me. It drives like a dream, is super easy to operate, only wants unleaded regular gas, has wonderful mileage (I average 290-305 milse per tank with highway/city driving blended). The car just fits so well with all of my needs, it's a big enough size to where I can load a ton of items in it, but it's not overly huge like some of the tanks that you see on the road. I cannot foresee myself getting rid of my car anytime in the future, I have no desire to upgrade whatsoever, I don't know anyone who has had a car as reliable and fun to drive as this one and I"m not giving it up anytime soon."

294,000 miles and it never failed me. Ever!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "all. everything. it's wonderful"

"I am a big complainer and hard to please. Manual shifting, which is the best. Who could imagine, still the origional transmission and engine, suspension et al. I installed one new battery, catalytic converter and set of brakes, two serpentine and timing belts. The rest is regular maintenance: oil changes, air filter, and it runs like a dream. Nothing else ever went wrong on this little gem. Which means it's all right. Literally, it is ALL RIGHT! Holds the road beautifully, excellent in snow because low center of balance. It has passsed jeep that slid off the road in icy snowy conditions. I drive hard and fast - often 80 mph on NM roads and still got 37 -41 mpg over all until this year. Since the new catalytic converter was installed 6/2011, it is getting 33 - 36 mpg combined. This little car is a dream come true for someone who needs dependability, economy, and responsiveness. Styling is sweet. Still crazy good and beautiful (styling is timeless) after all these years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Lancer near Honolulu. See local deals