ZIP code

2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV

9.3

Based on 10 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

10.0/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

An enjoyable and practical EV

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Pros: "It IS fun to drive. Responsive and quiet."

Cons: "Less safe rear seat. Shorter winter range."

"Bought this car in July 2016, and we are still enjoying it 6 months later. It's nimble and quiet (except for wind noise at high speeds). On non-highway roads averaging 35-45 mph the range is around 80 miles. I use it for business trips averaging 30-60 miles total. Use of A/C in summer takes about 10 miles off the range. Use of heat in winter takes more range off, but still working that out. We bought an electric travel blanket to reduce winter range loss. Drivers heated seat is good, passenger side isn't as warm. On highways, it's most comfortable doing 60-70. The rear seat is not as rated as collision-safe as the front, and that's a negative. Quality is good. Nothing fancy, but everything works. We didn't buy a 240V charger; it charges overnight fine at 120V."

This is a great car!

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and no gas"

Cons: "limited range and depreciation"

"The iMiev is a great car that I truly enjoy driving daily. As i maneuver in and out of traffic, find the most incredible parking spaces and smile back at the looks and questions I get about the iMiev. Electric cars are the way to go and Mitsubishi has done a great job on building this one."

Extremely good car for it's purpose.

By on Sunday, December 7, 2014

"My IMIEV after 2 years, still the best car I ever had. My savings are simply ridiculous , considering that I can charge at work. I was expending around ~$300.00 a month in gas , which now I expend only ~$30.00 . So good , that we have 2. Clovi"

Great car - unless the outside temp is below 20F

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Peppy motor, low cost to operate, roomy inside"

Cons: "No audio input jack, heater could be better"

"I have had my iMiEV for almost a year and it is a fun and economical car to drive. The electric utility company gave me a separate meter with lower rates at night. My bill runs between $15 and $20 per month! But we have had a unusually cold winter and my feet have gotten cold even with the heater blasting. In the morning the car is in a semi warm garage and I can preheat the car. But when I leave work and the temp is only 12 degrees, my feet are "frozen" by the time I get home."

The reason owners love it and the media don't.

By on Monday, April 25, 2016

Pros: "The best traffic navigator around, hauls big loads"

Cons: "Stiff ride and understeer."

"The i-MiEV takes more than a ten minute test, or even a day-long drive to understand. Once one's mind has mended and can plan a whole day's travel, the car's range limitations are second-nature and you take advantage of electric torque at EVery stoplight, leaving all gassers behind, but drive more sedately on the highway to preserve range (though quick bursts to 82 mph are no problem). The car's 50 cubes of flat storage are awesome, as is the maneuverability and ability to climb over an 8" curb. More regen power per pound than any non-TESLA EV makes deceleration far more fun, with brake wear a forgotten concept. The i-MiEV is the little car that could, but very few looked up from their phones long enough to notice."

Per Page:  5 | 10
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi i-MiEV near Honolulu. See local deals