2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV

9.3

Based on 11 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

10.0/10

User control of regen makes the i more fun.

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, most affordable EV."

Cons: "low dealer knowledge"

"I've put 3500 miles on my i so far, and a few hundred on a Leaf, which rides like a Buick in comparison to the i, but the i is more enjoyable due to the multiple driving modes and responsive chassis. Highway speed and the jellybean shape that only looks slippery makes the range guessometer drop like a rock, so I wish a larger battery option were available. After getting to know the car, I don't hesitate to take on a 60 mile round trip, and it has quickly become the family's prime mover. Do your research, as CHAdeMO is available on the base model, but is not a dealer upgrade item!"

More than I expected!

By on Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"Ok, I've only owned the peanut for a short period of time, but this is my thoughts on the EV. My wife and I drove it through a storm to get it home, around DC & Baltimore. It handled great, was quiet, visibility was excellent, seats were comfy for the 169 mile drive. We stopped 3 times to charge it, just to be on the safe side. Each charge was done at a Nissan dealer and all cost us nothing out of our wallets, zero, nada, 0. It's a courtesy that is provided at all dealers that have the charging stations, which is most Mitsubishi, Nissan, etc. Fuel costs at home are $2.51 for each 100 miles traveled. Since we drive it mainly for work, running errands/groceries, we no longer are concerned about running out of battery power. We charge it overnight with a regular GFI receptacle, designated just for the car, on a 15amp breaker, about once a week. If we plug it in before midnight, it normally has a full charge the next morning. Something of importance, at least for me, I have a hearing problem and with most cars my ears pick up road noise and everything else, but my wife's voice, but not in this car. It's so quiet! Driving it in "D" will give you more speed than you'll get out of most small cars, with a top speed of over 80 mph, ours will never see that. I'm 6' 5" tall and I have tons of head and leg room. I remember my wife saying how much room she had in the back seat during the demo drive. We normally leave the back seats down and use it for our shopping, etc. We are considering another and we may just rent a vehicle for our out of town LONG drives, like so many others are doing. Gas savings will be about $9,800 every 5 years. Battery warranty is for 8 years or 100,000 miles, which ever comes first. If you have never driven an electric car, your really missing out on the future and how enjoyable these cars are. I hope this review helps those of you that are on the fence and considering these amazing cars. Have a wonderful day!"

The technology is ready, we are not

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "economy, smart hatchback design, zippy"

Cons: "no center arm rest"

"I have this car for a half year and it became the primary car in our family. Our kids, 3-year old twins love it, too. The car completely changed my way of thinking as owner and driver. Going to a gas station is now hassle to me. Range anxiety is non existent as I learned that I need to think just a little before going for a trip. If the expected distance is above 80 miles, I take our Jetta TDI, that simple. Very recently, I have taken my iMiEV for a long trip to test its range when driving up to 40 MPH w/o A/C. I was able to get 93.4 miles with 1 mile remaining. No need to reach for the hidden reserves. Cons: I miss the central arm rest. Also, the road and wind noise at high speeds is so strong, that it would be nice to have speed sensitive volume control on radio. The bottom line, no matter what your excuses are, the technology for EVs is already out there. My motto is: «I prefer to drive imported car on domestic fuel rather than domestic car on imported fuel.»"

dream come true

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pros: "money saver"

Cons: "cup holders in front of vents"

"excellent car for what it is for. i'm pushing car to limit and have had no problems. getting used to distance can go learning how to get most out of charge is biggest change."

100% satisfied!

By on Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pros: "Very green, economical and great fun!"

Cons: "A convertible and/or pickup option would be nice."

"One car family. Works great teamed with solar photo-voltaic. Nice on highways too. Amazing turning radius."

An enjoyable and practical EV

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Pros: "It IS fun to drive. Responsive and quiet."

Cons: "Less safe rear seat. Shorter winter range."

"Bought this car in July 2016, and we are still enjoying it 6 months later. It's nimble and quiet (except for wind noise at high speeds). On non-highway roads averaging 35-45 mph the range is around 80 miles. I use it for business trips averaging 30-60 miles total. Use of A/C in summer takes about 10 miles off the range. Use of heat in winter takes more range off, but still working that out. We bought an electric travel blanket to reduce winter range loss. Drivers heated seat is good, passenger side isn't as warm. On highways, it's most comfortable doing 60-70. The rear seat is not as rated as collision-safe as the front, and that's a negative. Quality is good. Nothing fancy, but everything works. We didn't buy a 240V charger; it charges overnight fine at 120V."

Reliable, fun to drive, affordable, great for city

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Pros: "Affordable, reliable,fun to drive, good visibility"

Cons: "Not recommended for freeway, poor suspension"

"I have my 2014 I-Miev for 1 year. I got it for less than 9.5k out of the door after all the tax incentives! Best purchasing decision as this little gem fits my need perfectly as my commute + errand is less than 15 miles daily in the city. The electric bill for charging the I-Miev is about $10-$15 each month (for 400 miles of driving). I get about 65-70 miles for each charge (over 62 miles as advertised) Pros: Strong regenerative breaking, Rear Wheel Drive, easy to maneuver and park, incredible turning radius, good visibility, quiet, next to zero maintenance, 8 yrs warranty on the battery. The kids love it! Cons: Poor suspension, adequate performance on freeway, range drops dramatically for using AC or heater, no arm rest. Ignore the "expert" reviews on the internet. Test drive one yourself and you might be surprised. If range is not an issue, the I-Miev might be an affordable transportation for you. Overall, I am 100% satisfied!"

This is a great car!

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and no gas"

Cons: "limited range and depreciation"

"The iMiev is a great car that I truly enjoy driving daily. As i maneuver in and out of traffic, find the most incredible parking spaces and smile back at the looks and questions I get about the iMiev. Electric cars are the way to go and Mitsubishi has done a great job on building this one."

Extremely good car for it's purpose.

By on Sunday, December 7, 2014

"My IMIEV after 2 years, still the best car I ever had. My savings are simply ridiculous , considering that I can charge at work. I was expending around ~$300.00 a month in gas , which now I expend only ~$30.00 . So good , that we have 2. Clovi"

Great car - unless the outside temp is below 20F

By on Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pros: "Peppy motor, low cost to operate, roomy inside"

Cons: "No audio input jack, heater could be better"

"I have had my iMiEV for almost a year and it is a fun and economical car to drive. The electric utility company gave me a separate meter with lower rates at night. My bill runs between $15 and $20 per month! But we have had a unusually cold winter and my feet have gotten cold even with the heater blasting. In the morning the car is in a semi warm garage and I can preheat the car. But when I leave work and the temp is only 12 degrees, my feet are "frozen" by the time I get home."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi i-MiEV near Honolulu. See local deals