2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Based on 392 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

GT has great performance... but rear blind spots!!

By on Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pros: "performance, reliability, comfort, style"

Cons: "rear visibility, no telescoping steering"

"Bought this used low miles '07 Eclipse GT after exhaustive research. Great style, performance and comfort for the price and the only coupe/hatch that I can fit my bike in the back and still feel somewhat "sporty". I've only owned it six months but it's been very reliable so far. The rear blind spots are a real issue."

fun car to drive without spending a fortune

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "good price, fun to drive"

Cons: "could have more horsepower"

"The 2011 Eclipse is a sporty, fun car to drive that is economical in price and fairly inexpensive to own. The car gets more than 26 mpg on the highway and the perky four cylinder engine provides enough acceleration to be fun. The GT with 265 hp is always an option for those needing more horsepower. I would rcommend the Eclipse to anyone like myself looking for a very sleek sporty vehicle with a lot of high tech features and enough power and performance to be fun to drive."

This car is all about reliability

By on Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pros: "Hanldes good for a heavy car, shifts smooth."

Cons: "Back seats are worthless, unless you are 4 foot."

"I have had my 2007 GS for about 9 months and had not a single problem with it besides routine maintenance (tires/brakes ect..) If you are looking for speed get the GT not the GS, the GS has spunk but its nowhere near as fast as an WRX or EVO. IMPORT>DOMESTIC, remember that. These Japanese car company's know what they are doing, they are all about technology, and technology rules the earth."

Attractive, Fast, Plastic!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "attractive fun to drive"

Cons: "premium gas only, low grade of plastic in interior"

"I love everything about the car except the cheap grade of plastics used in the interior (door panels - center console). The design and look is good, however a accidental finger nail swipe or dropped key will permanently scratch them very easily. The premium gas only (GT Model) was a surprise the dealer neglected to mention but is tolerable. Excellent get up and go power and very spacious. I'm 6'2 and have lots of room."

Great Car For Graduation

By on Saturday, March 26, 2011

"My daughter bought me this car as a car for fun for my fiftieth birthday. I love it. I have enjoyed driving it and traveling in it. It is very comfortable. I must sale due to health issues with my feet making a standard hard to use now. The car is a beautiful color. It is called "Sunset.""

"El Cheapo" Porshe

By on Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Just love this car from the day one. Never had a single problem. Interior plastic is easy to scratch and bad vision on the back is the only minus. Everything else is a plus. This car is a Porsche for the middle class buyers. Most probably my next car will be eclipse again (newer model)."

An amazing sports coupe

By on Saturday, March 12, 2011

"I bought this car when it first came out. I've always followed through with all my maintence schedules and I have never had a single problem with the car. I recently had a friend who is an expert mechanice ride with me in the car for a 2 hour trip. His literally said that "wow! the car feels, rides and sounds like it is brand new!." And this is after 5 years!! I have 50K miles so far and I except this baby to run well into 100K. A very nice car overall, always turns heads! The few minor complains I have are the quality of some of the equipement. The headlight plastic is cheap and became permantenlty scratched to a point where it was not restorable and needed to be replaced (after 3 1/2 years). And the rear spoiler alreadly has a crack (after about 4 years). There are a few minor low noises in the engine that were not there before. Also the break makes a squeaking noise every once in a while. A issue to this day NO mechanic can figure out why (and I have taken it to 5 of them). By the way I know a lot about cars and none of the noises are from any common problems."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"I put a lot of freeway miles on my car (about 20,000 a year). It's been great and I have had absolutely no problems. It does have terrible visibility through the rear and side windows, but have solved that by putting those curved small mirrors on my external mirrors. I get great gas mileage and enjoy driving. Do wish they would have put some extra bling such as heated seats in this model."

By on Monday, November 8, 2010

"This car has great features and a large engine packed into a small package. Surprisingly, this is one of the best cars I have driven in the snow as well. I researched similar cars for hours before I took the Eclipse Gt for a test drive and I am very satisfied with my purchase."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, June 17, 2010

"I love it it has never gave me any trouble at all Hwy mileage 29 city 24. I will not sell it."

Surprising

By on Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"This car surpassed my expectations in quality and performance. 2 years and not one problem. I almost purchased a Camaro but they nixed the prototype and production back then. Parked next to new black Camaro in a parking lot and there is no comparison. This is still the best looking average priced car on the road, the most fun to drive and absolutely the most reliable car I've ever owned. I was a GM driver my entire life until this Eclipse. But in my opinion it isn't one you can scale down so go for the top of the line."

Keeps getting better

By on Thursday, June 3, 2010

"When it came time to replace our '99 spyder gs I looked at the Audi a4 & BMW 330ci but their price tags were too much to swallow & neither of them really impressed me enough. So I figured why not give the new spyder a look since we got 10 worry-free years out of the first one. I love this car...from the seats that hug you, the curvaceous body style, the sporty handling & earth shaking Rockford-fosgate stereo this one is a keeper. I get compliments constantly! My only complaint would be with the quality of the plastic interior panels...they scratch way too easily!"

Great look and ride

By on Friday, April 30, 2010

"Simply put, this vehicle exceeds my expectations in al the areas above and more. Handles extremely well and turns heads whereever I drive."

Luv my car

By on Sunday, January 24, 2010

"I have been driving the Eclipes since the first generation 1990. If you take care of it, the car will take care of you. The only disappointment is the re-sale value. I want a 2010, but I need to make some extra pymnts in the next few months to bring the balance down. Leg room in the back seat looks impossible; but who cares"

Stylish and fun!

By on Friday, April 24, 2009

"I can't count the number of friends that upon first seeing my car say "woah. nice car!" I got it at a great deal sunfire orange, and it looks amazing. I bought it used from a dealer, and so far no problems, except for a rattling heat shield i'm meaning to fix. The only cons: - it's really uncomfortably tight for back-seat passengers... don't even dare to pack in 6 into this coupe! but hey, if it's just you and your special someone, it's great! - rides kinda low, but some might like that! - blind spots. as a self-proclaimed safe driver, i twist my neck and bob forwards and backwards to make sure i cover the blind spots before pulling out or switching lanes - bad turning radius, but once you get used to it, you learn to compensate for it, i parallel park it without a problem now (and no, i don't subscribe to the "that's what bumpers are for!" mentality)"

Great Purchase

By on Monday, January 26, 2009

"This has been the only vehicle I have ever picked out myself, and couldn't be happier. The car has taken me through weekly 12 hours in total drives, for over 3 months, and never gave me even a schreech. Still to this day the car has more value than what I owe, almost unheard of. Will definitely have confidence in the maker for a second buy when it comes time."

Perfect Fit

By on Thursday, September 25, 2008

"This is the first car I ever personally owned and it is fantastic! I own the Eclipse GT fully loaded [manual] and the overall performance is wonderful, great acceleration, smooth ride, handles my agressive driving style perfectly. The sound system [Rockford Fosgate] is amazing, and the interior of the car feels like a cockpit with sunken bucket seats that are super-comfy, a backseat [courtesy shelf really], and a suprisingly spacious trunk. There are only two things I can find fault with: 1) It is definitely not for taller people, my BF is 6'3" and he does not have room to stretch out and 2) The blind spots could hide a 757 Jet. Easily remedied if you're an observant driver. They don't bother me at all anymore. It handles well in all the weather the Northeast can throw at it but spring/summer is where it really shines. It's a fun car to drive and if you keep it wel maintained, efficient with gas as far as sportscars go. I get about 30mpg. I recommend this car to people who want a fun, flashy car with excellent driveability and don't want to break the bank on it."

Great First Car!!

By on Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"This car has been good to me. The only problem I have had are the many blind spots it has!!! Other than that I give it an "A" overall!"

Eclipse GS

By on Saturday, July 5, 2008

"I love my Eclipse! It has been a great car for me, no mechanical problems and always looks great. The only problem I have with car is the way the air vents are designed. When you are in the drivers seat (no matter how tall or big you are) you cannot get the air vents to point directly on you. Also, the GS has almost no power, great for a daily driver but deffinately not a race car. Overall, it's been a great car!"

good car and good money

By on Saturday, July 5, 2008

"I bought a 2007 GT with the sport package, leather, moon roof, rockford fosgate stereo- it is fully loaded. It has great power. You have to be careful in rain or snow- I have the 18" wheels. The traction control does help. It gets great gas mileage despite it takes premium gas. It's a whole $5.00 difference if you completely fill it up. I really love this car. I recommend it to anyone who wants a fun car without the "fun" price tag."

Love It!!!

By on Sunday, June 22, 2008

"This car has one of the toughest-looking body styles I have ever seen. I get compliments on this car all the time. The car is very solid and handles very well, gripping the road with ease. The unique subwoofer built into the back seat makes a hip look. The automatic convertible top is very convenient and quick. The gas milage is not bad but one would assume it to be better than it is by how small the car looks. The ONLY major con is the amount of room in the back seat. Like any two door car, it takes some effort to get in or out of the car. There is very little leg room between the front and back seats, so little that it becomes uncomfortable sitting back there. I wish so much that the manfacturers would have just stretched the car out about 6inches....it would have made it the absolute best car on the market."

The MOST

By on Friday, May 16, 2008

"60 Year old convertible enthusiast impressed with the Eclipse Spyder. Great handling, Drives, steers and grasps the road like no other I have ever had. Performance leaves all other cars at lights and really hauls butt. Sportronic transmission better than a stick shift! And the ride is cloud like. Seats comfy and connform to body with all adjustments needed. Should have had this car 40 years ago!"

LOVE THIS CAR!!

By on Sunday, April 20, 2008

"I HAD A 2000 ECLIPSE GT AND NOW I HAVE A 2007 GT AND I COULDNT BE HAPPIER I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!! ITS REALLY FUN TO DRIVE...ONLY ONE COMPLAINT IS THE INTERIOR..THE CHEAP PLASTIC ON THE DOORS SCRATCH VERY EASILY AND THE STEREO FACEPLATE STAINS EASILY....FOR THE PRICE YOU CANT BEAT IT!!!"

Worth a ride

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"Pros: Handling, looks, fits golf clubs, sound system, front-wheel drive, sporty & fun to drive Cons: Premium gas, turning radius, blind spots, gas mileage, no back seat to speak of Overall: Good performance features outway anything negative...definitely a car to see yourself in around town."

Great vehicle

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"I have only one complaint: the car sits quite low to the ground, so you feel every bump you go over, but i can handle that with all the great things you get out of this car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Eclipse near Honolulu. See local deals