1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse

8.0

Based on 392 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

fun cheap car

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "good looking, head turner"

Cons: "bad gas mileage for it being a 4 cylinder engine"

"this car does have its problems but if you have the money to restore it, it can be a great car to have!"

ONE VERY HAPPY OWNER!

By on Friday, February 1, 2008

"I love my 99 GSX Eclipse! A breeze to drive. Handles like it's on rails! And it looks fantastic... I love the "whale tail" spoiler in the back. I'm always getting stopped at lights to be asked what kind of car it is, what year and whether or not I like it. I respond that it is a blast to drive and that I love it. The back seat is for insurance purposes only to lower premiums. My dogs sit back there when we travel. But the hatchback is very functional and I've been able to haul furniture and LOTS of groceries in it. The car handles like a dream. Smooth ride, comfortable interior with controls in easy reach. Love the moon-roof and never have the inside cover on. I like the light and airy feeling of the open roof on sunny warm days or just the glass window in rainy or cold weather. I also love my all-wheel drive! The car responds quickly, is extremely stable, and handles well even on snowy roads that keep other drivers at home. I also love the way the car performs on cruise control for highway driving with minimal traffic. I just sit back and relax and enjoy the scenery going by. Almost like having autopilot! Maintenance has been normal with very few repairs needed. With over 100K miles on my car now, I had the seals replaced earlier this year but otherwise, nothing major needed for the life of the car. I still get 21-25 MPG in city and about 30 MPG on highway. I've taken good care of my little car since I originally bought it in 1999. I plan to keep my Eclipse until it gives up on me. I am truly a VERY HAPPY owner!"

i love my eclipse and it rocks.

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"these cars have so much potential and i wouldnt give mine up for anything.... this is the second one i have owned and i would own a dozen more if i had the chance too.."

DSM Legacy

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"It's an awesome car. Once you put I put my FP Green in my dsm it just blew my friend's couped up 370 off the road. 10.89@128 1/4 :)"

Great First Car

By on Monday, November 1, 2010

"I got this car when I was 17 and have had it for over 7 years now. This car will last long as long as you give it gas and oil. It is so fun and easy to drive, i couldnt have asked for a better first car. This is also my favorite body style of the eclipse. It is a very sharp and sporty looking car. Now im older and looking for something newer and bigger but I would definitley recomend this car to a new driver!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Eclipse near Honolulu. See local deals