1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse

8.0

Based on 392 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Reliable, Cozy, Runs Forever!

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Long lasting, Fun to drive, Amazing price!"

Cons: "trunk access, doesn't stay open"

"This is a perfect first car! I drove mine like a wild child and it still runs amazing! My car was hit by a truck going 70 mph and took a serious impact, and I was able to get up and walk away from the accident. I feel this car is extremely safe despite it's size, it saved my life!"

Excellent Choice

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle for over 2 years now. The reliability of the 420A N/T far surpasses the 4G63-T. Only minor repairs have been required and the car puts up with alot. The style is unsurpassed and in my opinion is one of the greatest looking cars ever made. I have spent less than 800 dollars and have the car up from 140HP stock to 208HP. (2HP less than a stock GSX). It's a great car overall."

fun cheap car

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "good looking, head turner"

Cons: "bad gas mileage for it being a 4 cylinder engine"

"this car does have its problems but if you have the money to restore it, it can be a great car to have!"

Survived Over the Long Run

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"I purchased my eclipse brand new and have had it for 10 years. It has not given me any major problems and has been very reliable. It has survived communting to college and driving an hour daily to work. Great gas milage. I still get compliments on this car."

ONE VERY HAPPY OWNER!

By on Friday, February 1, 2008

"I love my 99 GSX Eclipse! A breeze to drive. Handles like it's on rails! And it looks fantastic... I love the "whale tail" spoiler in the back. I'm always getting stopped at lights to be asked what kind of car it is, what year and whether or not I like it. I respond that it is a blast to drive and that I love it. The back seat is for insurance purposes only to lower premiums. My dogs sit back there when we travel. But the hatchback is very functional and I've been able to haul furniture and LOTS of groceries in it. The car handles like a dream. Smooth ride, comfortable interior with controls in easy reach. Love the moon-roof and never have the inside cover on. I like the light and airy feeling of the open roof on sunny warm days or just the glass window in rainy or cold weather. I also love my all-wheel drive! The car responds quickly, is extremely stable, and handles well even on snowy roads that keep other drivers at home. I also love the way the car performs on cruise control for highway driving with minimal traffic. I just sit back and relax and enjoy the scenery going by. Almost like having autopilot! Maintenance has been normal with very few repairs needed. With over 100K miles on my car now, I had the seals replaced earlier this year but otherwise, nothing major needed for the life of the car. I still get 21-25 MPG in city and about 30 MPG on highway. I've taken good care of my little car since I originally bought it in 1999. I plan to keep my Eclipse until it gives up on me. I am truly a VERY HAPPY owner!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Eclipse near Honolulu. See local deals