ZIP code

2008 MINI Cooper

8.3

Based on 384 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Zero problems so far.

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pros: "Roomier than you think, Decent acceleration."

Cons: "Drives rough at low speeds, A/C not the best."

"This car certainly drives different than most cars. I for one enjoy it but some may not. The automatic engine braking took some getting used to for sure and if you get the automatic like I did you will notice a delay in acceleration do to the engine shutting off when coming to a complete stop (putting it in sport mode cancels this out}. For the first week of ownership I thought the tranny was slipping and that I had a cylinder misfire. However I learned they just drive a little rough and I was just overly paranoid. Overall I would recommend this car for sure. So much fun. Also if you get the base model like I did there is still plenty of pick up so don't expect it to be sluggish just because it isn't turbocharged."

Horrible Car

By on Saturday, November 12, 2016

Pros: "Kind of fun to drive... sometimes."

Cons: "Expensive to maintain. Engine parts disintegrate."

"I've spent close to $20,000 on repairs for this car over the last 5 years. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have sold it and bought a more reliable car. If you're looking for reliability, DO NOT buy a Mini Cooper. Avoid it like the plague!! It'll cost you an arm and a leg and your first born child to keep up with the maintenance payments. WHEN small, inexpensive parts go bad in the engine, the manual labor costs skyrocket because they have to pull the entire engine out to get to the part. And their so-called "craftsmanship" is comparable to a 5 year-old's school project. A lot of plastic parts in the interior are falling apart, they no longer clip into place. Some of these pieces will rattle around while your driving. The aluminum that ran along the door jams used to look nice, now they're all mangled, curled up and stick out when the door is closed. The LCD display in the center console becomes illegible whenever the interior of the car gets really hot on a summer day. The list can go on and on. These problems are only the tip of the ice burg. In any case, I'm definitely NOT A FAN of Mini Cooper. The car hasn't treated me very well at all. I wouldn't even recommend this car to my worst enemy."

I LOVE MY MINI

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Great quality vehicle, a blast to drive!"

Cons: "Tires do not last long, brake dust is awful"

"This car is incredible. I have had it for nearly 2 years and haven't grown tired of it at all. Still drives wonderfully and is so much fun! I had some issues with the longevity of the factory tires, but they handle like a dream. My only otehr complaint is the amount of brake dust on the front brakes. My front rims are always covered in black dust after just a few days, but that's just the way they are made. I feel completely safe in my car and I never feel out of control in windy, rainy or icy conditions. The car pretty much handles itself where that is concerned with the DSC and DTC. The base model features are fantastic, so I only added a few things to make mine perfect. I have never had a car that I was still in love with after two years or one that fit my personality so perfectly. Oh, and I can't forget... the warranty is awesome and the service I get from everyone at MINI is outstanding! They make you feel valued and special whether you drive a base model with a few upgrades or the decked out John Cooper Works edition. I mean, my salesman still sent me a birthday card this year. How cool is that? I would recommend MINI to anyone!"

Love this car

By on Saturday, February 4, 2017

"Handling is great, even in the winter. I did change he run flat tires to regular all weather tires. Great only having to change the oil every 6 or 7 months. The brakes had to be replaced, but no other issues with this car. I found a good mechanic rather than taking it into the dealership for service as they are quite expensive. Only complaint is that the back seat is not big enough for adults. Also there is blind spots where having sensors on the mirrors would really help to know if cars are next to you. Very fun to drive, great overall gas mileage, 32 mpg."

Beyond my expectations for fun

By on Monday, October 14, 2013

Pros: "Too awesome! Cant tell you how perfect this car is"

Cons: "No Complaints!"

"This little car is unbelievable. It is so much fun to drive, and it has to be the best car I have ever had. I am happy to report this car will darken my driveway for the rest of my days, and I plan on adding another one or two as well. What a blast to drive and own. If you have not had one you need to get one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching MINI Cooper near Honolulu. See local deals