2008 MINI Cooper

8.3

Based on 386 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

BEST SMALL CAR EVER!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Handling, Fuel Economy, Shifter, Manual trans"

Cons: "back seat, trunk with 4 in the car.."

"Long story short... this car is absolutely fantastic! if you're a single or couple out there then this is the car for you. it can pull off daily driving and sports car in one. may not be the best in a straight line for pure speed but when you're getting 38mpg highway who needs that kinda speed. best gas milage every achieved was 43mpg all highway, and worst was 26.7 which was all city and track time. comfy and capable in stock form, throw the JCW suspension on and it's a new cornering monster that can hang with cars three times it's price on back roads and in long sweepers on the highway. the bigger problems ever experienced during my 5 year ownership were all covered under warranty such as fuel pump, moon roof and aux water pump... aside from those three there have been no major problems at all. slightly tail happy if you're heavy on the brakes and not a performance driver, but the newest iteration of the ediff in the 2012 models make the car a hard to beat package.. i have the LSD from factory on my car which is absolute heaven powering out of corners and in bad weather. ride height seems a bit high and remains so but settles after about 5 months... rear suspension travel leaves a little to be desired but unless you live on treacherous roads with massive potholes you won't have anything to worry about. as a cruiser it's a great comfortable car with ample room for two and can semicomfortably fit four passengers for not too long a drive. i wouldn't suggest submitting anyone to the backseat for more than 2 hours at a time personally. shifter is great but needs a shorter throw (easily fixed by a $40 aftermarket piece) JCW is the way to go for basically everything with this car. it's powerful, capable, 12.4in brakes are undeniably the best brakes on any small car out there. interior qualities have gone up a lot and the steering wheel is a comfortable thing to grab onto with the JCW variation being nice and thick while leather remains great. clutch is mid release, easy as can be to drive, and pedal placement practically BEGS to be heal-toed. this car drives great and WANTS you to do the same. it's guaranteed the most rewarding and fun car to drive this side of a $90k porsche"

So happy I choose this car

By on Monday, December 5, 2011

Pros: "Gas milage, Handleing basic options good price"

Cons: "Intertior gauges are silly, P/W buttons"

"First off this car reflect what the MPG say. I took it on a 700 mile trip. I did the 65 mph. I received 46 mpg yes that's right 46. I did 70 on the way home and got 40 mpg. I decided to drive it some what hard 75 MPH and shifted between 3-4k rpm city driving to heavy basically 17 miles on x-way and 6 miles city very hilly. I got 32 MPG. In any case my avg has been 36 mpg back and forth to work 46 miles round trip 17 city 6 city. The rear seats are tight but I have small children 5 and eight and they fit fine even with boosters. Once there out of boosters it would be even better. I would compare this with a ford focus hatch back. Mine was cheaper than the focus and more room. I didn't want the turbo because of higher insurance and could get my self in trouble with speeding. I do have to say this is by far a nice , fun car to have and drive."

best car I've ever owned

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

"Used for daily driving to and from work, but have nice mini roads both ways, so I can hot dog it. Also, great fun in the mountains."

Disappointed in Winter

By on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"I read many of the reviews on here and elsewhere before I bought my S model Mini. I was sure that it would get me where I needed to go in winter as I had owned a Dodge Colt when I first moved here. I was highly disappointed when winter finally arrived and I needed to navigate in deeper snow. On slick roads, with snow tires, it was very good, however when the first snow fall of 4 inches arrived, I was unable to get home. I had 4 studded snow tires and got stuck on the 7% incline in front of my house. I reached down to put the car in low to navigate the rest of the hill and I realized the S model does not have low. I had too much power and I just spun my tires. We ended up backing all the way back down and got a run at it and made it into the garage. I would have bought a 5 speed manual if I had known this would be a problem. Anyway I live in the mountains and I had to trade it in so I could make it home at night. Hope the helps someone who is thinking of buying a Cooper. On a positive note. It is one of the funnest vehicles I have ever owned. Happy 2010 everyone!!!"

Fantastic Little Car

By on Saturday, December 12, 2009

"This car is a great amount of fun to drive! Even with only about 120 BHP, it feels very sporty at city speeds since it weighs only 2200 lbs and has a tight suspension. Also, the fuel economy can be surprisingly good. I get about 40 MPG average on my manual and I often drive it pretty hard. With tons of standard features, it is a great value until you start adding options, which can be ridiculously expensive. Seeing as MINI is owned my BMW, the build quality is good. My car has no loose switches or anything after nearly 2 years of use. Also, MINI service is top notch. I've taken mine in for an oil change once so far and the dealer offered me a loaner, changed the oil, replaced the filter, and washed the car, all for free under warranty. The only downside of this car is practicality. It's basically a two-seater. I'm a bit over 6 feet tall, and there is about 2 inches between the back of the driver's seat and the front of the rear seat. Also, the ride height is tiny. Some parts of the trim are maybe 3" off the ground, meaning that snow may be an issue, though I've managed so far in snowy NY. I took off a star in the comfort category for this practicality issue, but the front seats are hugely comfortable (at least with the optional sport seats). Even tall people have plenty of leg/head room. Reliability is hard to judge at this point since it is a relatively new car, but I have had zero issues with it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching MINI Cooper near Honolulu. See local deals