2002 MINI Cooper

Based on 497 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

A fun drive

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, reliability, Fun"

Cons: "Comfort (street challenging, pot hole) cities"

"Ive own this vehicle since 2006 and is considered a daily drive. I still enjoy the handling, gas milages, and the reliabiliy. The performance is acceptable and allows you to move when needed. Seating space is good and four average size individual will fit. Comfort is less then impressive, especially the rear seated passengers over a long haul. Overall, this is a fun car to have with its go cart handling and turbine performance."

Great car! Daily dose of happy! But get a warranty

By on Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pros: "great style, well made, solid car"

Cons: "buy the warranty!!!"

"Budget for owning a BMW, because that's what it is. Getting an extended warranty to cover her up to 100k miles was a life saver. I highly recommend doing so!! Other than that, she makes day to day life more enjoyable and A LOT of people comment on how awesome they are and ask how I like owning one. Oh and other MINI drivers often wave. It's the closest thing to driving a go cart. Happy life on the road :)"

I got 3

By on Thursday, September 27, 2007

"I currently have 3 MINIs 2003-2004-2005. If I ever happen to wreck one, I'll replace it. These cars are extremely agile and make the average driver into an avid driver. Motor Trend and Car and Driver routinely rate and test these cars and they always excel. In fact the S model performs just under two much higher priced Porches. Pros of regular Cooper are gas mileage of 35-40 as an about town driver, very stable and agile turning, stopping. Accelleratin with the A/C on stumbles a little. S-model is all power and itching to go. You pay for that with 5mpg loss of mileage and slightly less reactive turning. If you are buying, there are no two alike. Most owners customize the features and appearance and there is no cost review for these upgrades. The MINI is safe, reliable, great on gasoline and maintenance. The quality of the vehicle should come at a much higher price. They retain their value better than almost every other type of auto. That should tell you something. My advise - to test drive it is to love it. Don't even drive it if you don't want to buy it, you will be a lost cause."

fun fun fun

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "dealer repairs are outrageous, extra keys 200+"

"wow, this is a dream car! OK all the bells and whistles are a bit confusing at first but 30 days in and my husband and I are sold. I can't imagine owning anything else. If you are heading for your second childhood, grab a Mini and go in style!"

Fun car, good gas milage, pricey maintenance.

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"Maintenance is pricey; parts have to be special ordered - usually takes a week. Lately, it's seems like there is always something wrong."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching MINI Cooper near Honolulu. See local deals