2000 Mercury Villager

Based on 177 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

Love it -- still have it

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Reliable comfortable; great visibility"

Cons: "Back seat vibrates too much; no cd"

"Had a 97 Mercury Villager when I traded for this 01 to make the Walt Disney trip from Texas. Both were good vehicles but I have kept this one much longer than I planned. Has the TV Screen on roof & kids are fascinated with it. Have replaced struts, and shocks, brakes, tires, batteries and that is about it. Keep it maintained with preventive maintenance and garaged. Have had a minor problem with cv boots (2 so far)but overall almost no repair work and love the fact that it has over 200k miles and everything still works. Cruise control is getting a little wonky & sometimes has to be babied. Video tv system is no longer functional. Only gets about 18 mph which is a bummer but with no car payment who cares? Don't plan on selling it anytime soon. Have had passengers tell me the ride is very comfortable."

Best van we have ever owned

By on Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Mercury / Nissan My wife loved this car especially in the snow. We have neighbors who have driven their 2001 over 400000 miles. Only thing I've done is change oil"

Good solid minivan

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Have owned two Villagers -- a 1998 LS and a 2002 Estate. Both bought new, The '98 LS had better build quality and better fuel mileage but was underpowered and lacked a driver's side sliding door. The '02 was loaded (leather, memory seats, VHS, 6 disc CD, etc. etc.) but this was the source of its problems (replaced the LCD screen twice and the VHS once and it was going bad again.) The '02 also had poorer build quality (lots of squeaks and rattles) and got less MPG than the 1998. Both were mechanically very reliable (Nissan drivetrains.) Only had to replace the '02's driveshafts at the 90K point. But I am fanatical about preventative maintenance. Drove the '02 for 7 years and 110,000 miles before trading it for a 2009 Quest."

keeps running and running

By on Monday, June 22, 2009

"We bought our 2000 mercury villager in 2000, it now has over 200k miles now. We have been so impressed how well it has held up, engine and transmission is still strong, I changed the oil every 5k miles. I highly recommend it!"

No Nonsense Minivan

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"My second Mercury Villager. All I wanted was a mini van to haul all my kids and their friends. Didn't want (or need) all the bells and whistles that other vans had, and at the price of those other vans, I might as well get a luxury car. This van is definitely great for the price. It's been very dependable and now that the kids are grown, it's been great for hauling. Don't need the van, but I can't give it up. It's worth much more than the resale price of $7000. So, I'm keeping it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Villager near Honolulu. See local deals