1998 Mercury Tracer

8.2

Based on 39 Ratings for the 1997 - 1999 models.

Great Starter Car

By on Saturday, December 12, 2009

"I've had this car since Fall '06. This car was wonderful in HS and my first couple of years in college (no monthly payments was a blessing)! Very economic and reliable. Racked up a little over 100,000 miles. My mercury had very low maintenance with the exception of a front brake change. Even with that being changed, this car still seems to make noise no matter what. Nothing loud, just a bit annoying. Farthest I have every driven at once is 60miles, so I don't know how it would handle long-distance road trip. Overall, my little mercury was an excellent basic car in high school and college. Only down side is, it's not very stylish nor is it the best performer. Mercury tracer is a bit uncomfortable. There's not very much room (not good for anyone over 5'10"). Going to school in a more wealthier area can get me down a little because so many college students drive brand-new cars. Rolling in my 98 mercury next to all these 2009 hondas and ford trucks makes me feel a little inadequate sometimes, but that old girl has been very loyal. Though I will not be sad to let her go one day and hop in a new car!"

By on Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"I bought this car a year and a half ago with 101 thousand miles, it currently has 125,000 miles. I have put alot of highway miles going back and forth to school. It gets great gas milage (around 34 highway, 30 city) and it is very reliable. I had to replace the timeing belt at 120,000 miles but that is a common fix. It doesnt get points for style and speed, but its a great car for a poor college kid like myself, i would recommend it to other college kids, and parents looking to get there kids a first car."

Worth it

By on Monday, January 9, 2012

Pros: "great value"

Cons: "cassette player"

"This car never let me down."

best vichle ever and family love it.

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"the car is small and very econamic on gas and easy to drive comfrotable."

decent car

By on Monday, October 12, 2009

"I bought my vehicle 3.5 yrs ago and have nothing major go wrong with it. Normal wear and tare that a vehicle typically gets. I have replaced only the serpentine and timing belts, also the alternator and front tire rods. It gets great gas mileage. Overall I can't complain about the this vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Tracer near Honolulu. See local deals