1993 Mercury Topaz

7.4

Based on 46 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

7.0/10

old reliable

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008

"I rescued this 92 Topaz from going to the junk yard for a dirt cheap price expecting to put work into it but at 89000 miles on it with a decent rust free body it was worth it. After replacing all original parts that were gone like front ball joints,wheel berrings and brakes with tune up and regular oil changes the car is wonderfull and people have offered me more money for it than I payed. I love this car and I am a truck person so it says a lot and it is one of the best snow driving vehicles I have ever had. It even beat my 4WD truck I used to own."

love my topaz!

By on Sunday, January 4, 2009

"Bought car used in 1993 with 20,563 miles on it. Car currently has 186,000 miles on it, and my husband and I FINALLY had to replace the fuel pump last year (2008). Interior is tired, but the car still averages 26 miles to the gallon (it was rated at 27 highway and 22 city when I bought it 15 years ago). The Topaz was the first car I bought and it still works great! I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable small car that gets great gas mileage."

Good First Car

By on Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"i had a topaz for my first car and it was very reliable and a good starter car."

Best kept secret

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"It aint no Cadillac, she aint no 'Rolls...BUT...the Tempo/Topaz platform will go down as the most reliable and toughest car platform Ford Motor EVER built. You can't destroy them. They may look horrible, but they run better than lots of nicer looking cars newer than them. Never judge a book by its cover. You can expect these cars at a minimum age of 14 years old to be rusty, paint faded, but they still run pretty darned good! I would think that is the most important thing on a car. Who cares if the A/C needs recharged as long as it gets you to point A and point B. Gas economy is also awesome considering the time these cars are from (79 cents a gallon gas). Hopefully, the new "generation" of Tempo/Topaz (Ford Motor's 2nd smallest car), the Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan hold up as well 14 years from today."

By on Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Topaz near Honolulu. See local deals