2009 Mercury Sable

9.4

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2008 - 2009 models.

wow

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"wow"

I love this car is reliable and dependable !!!

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "rides like a baby"

Cons: "needs more plugs for charging"

"Trouble free it is a beautiful looking car and has never gave any problems in the three years i"ve had it. love the heated seats gas mileage and it lets me know right on time when it need oil change or anything else i don't have to worry about guessing or waiting on a red light to let me no it needs service it tells me specifically what needs to be serviced."

2008 Sable Prm, AWD - Excellent Choice

By on Friday, January 22, 2010

"This car is a GREAT value. Purchased in May, 2008, it continues to offer a wonderful experience including a smooth ride with good handling charachteristics. I am no pro, but in my opinion, the fit and finish is much better than any of the 20 rental japanese/korean cars I have driven in the last 12 months. The AWD has been fantastic in inclement weather. I added Michelin XiceIIs for winter driving as well, so This car really performs on snow and Ice. Navi, and SYNC together in this package are nothing short of fantastic. Though I have never been a fan of built in GPS navigation, particularly DVD based solutions, This combination works very well together. The cabin space is absolutely a dream, particularly the rear seat. It was comfortable with 5 good size guys and 5 sets of golf clubs in the trunk which is cavernous. The rear seats fold down allowing you to haul up to 40 2x4x10s plus a ton of other stuff. The 6 speed transmission is a little shiftier than I was hoping for, but I have averaged 23 miles per gallon over all. The car now has 65k miles on it and I look forward to keeping it beyond my company's 100 K mileage limit. There have been a couple minor electrical problems, but the Ford dealer was able to identify and correct them very quickly. Too bad Mercury no longer offers this model, but you can bet I will look very hard at the Taurus - same platform, different badge. Ford/Lincoln/Mercury has earned a couple of notches with this vehicle."

Quality transportation

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"Excellent overall vehicle, loads of room for travel, infact, replaced a mnivan with this vehicle and had room for everyting previously carried in the van when traveling to AZ for winter. Performance with the 3.5 engine is outstanding and gas mileage is averaging qbout 26 when traveling at highway speeds (70). Huge trunk and great sight lines for driver. Sync system is a big plus."

What a Surprise

By on Sunday, April 25, 2010

"I went into the Mercury dealer looking for a Fusion and came away with the Sable. The Fusion just felt too cramped but when the salesman suggested the Sable, I looked at him like he was crazy. I didn't want such a "big" car. But I drove it, then went home and did the research, and went back and bought it. The seating position is what sold me. You sit high in this car, and that makes it and easy car to get into and out of. Gas mileage, while no where near what I was getting with my Accord, is respectable for a car this size. My only concern is that, at 51,000 miles, I've replaced REAR brakes twice already - once at 35K and again at 50K. I'm not hard on brakes, but this being my first automatic, I expected to replace front brakes around 30K. But the fronts are still fine. The dealer will be keeping a closer eye on that. Overall, you get a lot of car for the money. If you're looking for a good used car, look for an 08 Sable. You can't go wrong."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Sable near Honolulu. See local deals