2001 Mercury Sable

8.2

Based on 277 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Great car

By on Friday, July 17, 2009

"Ihad read that the Sable had a great safety record-today I found out the was true! Iwas t-boned on the drivers side. The other cars front end was totally smashed and although I had some damage, it was minimum in comparison. I was not injured nor were my two grand kids in the back seat!"

In over 30 years driving, this is the best car.

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "drives like a Lincoln, love it."

Cons: "I cannot think of anything I would change."

"bought car because I wanted one of the last Salbles with this body. I have done very little to keep it on the road. Oil Changes, battery, tires, alignment, and rotors being turned, that is all I have done. Replaced wheel bearings at 163k miles (big surprise), but other than that, this car has been amazing to me. Won't use any oil, and never fails to get me where I need to be."

I really love my car, but I now travel for nursing

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "Excellent in any weather!"

Cons: "22 mi to a gallon"

"I need better milage, more economic"

Good value to purchase

By on Thursday, July 2, 2009

"Overall i give it C plus (77%). I like the spacious trunk and access, daytime running lights, interior dash, performance in takeoff and freeway, A/C is Wow cold!, great cruise vehicle at 2,000 r.p.m. Michigan Roads nothing but potholes and Mercury sable handles great. Got Kids? This vehicle have all safety features of safety in belts, clips, and door locks, windows. plus 5 star crash test. Now the Dislike: I traded my 2006 f-150 supercrew for sable for fuel efficiency: I'm getting 15.5 m.p.g. on sable and I drive SLOW with cruise control (My truck 11 m.p.g) At 68,000 miles at cold start- it takes 3 seconds to crank engine at 70 degree's, it hesitates and runs (Cleaned Idle Air Control) fixed problem. I Hate, oh I Hate rear vehicle suspension sags down without weight, with weight looks awful , Value of vehicle depreciates five times lower than Honda accord, I'm 6'2 and leg room not so great, i have leg cramps and back pain if i sat over 10 minutes. Climate Control and Radio is one piece, So if you want to upgrade your radio - not happening. I recommend this vehicle to anyone under 5'10 height. I got mine at great deal for $3,000 four years old (6/1/2009) I should not be complaining. The good news the SOHC Vulcan engines with well maintain last over 200,000 miles Ive read in article, however, the transmission not so great. thanks"

perfect for an affordable luxuary car.

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "perfect family, or sporty ride"

Cons: "no indash C.D. player"

"i love this car. i bought it from my grandma a few months ago, and every since I've owned it i stay impressed. This car has the best in class rating for safety. GREAT gas mileage. looks clean and sporty with the sunroof. the 24valve 3.0 liter v6 has all the power you'll ever need. the premium sound system(JLaudio) has an awesome sound, no need for upgrades in this department. the wheels are perfectly sized for excellent stability, and control when bad weather hits or you just wanna show off to your friends. well i really hope that you give this car a shot. you will NOT be disappointed Thankyou"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Sable near Honolulu. See local deals