2007 Mercury Montego

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2005 - 2007 models.

Excellent, dependable, comfortable car.

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Quality, Comfort, Dependability, Easy on gas"

Cons: "Engine slightly underpowered, bland exterior"

"I bought the Montego in 2006, I purchased the vehicle because of the perceived build quality and dependability. I have not been disappointed. After 62000 miles, I have changed the oil (5000 miles), replaced the air filter (12000 miles), replaced the brakes once, and one set of tires. The car is very well built and now she is five years old and looks great, too include the paint and interior materials. The Montego drives very nicely, both in the city and on the Highway. The engine is a bit under powered, the car prefers to cruise at about 68 on the highway, but it can easily handle higher speeds. The midsize vehicle has more interior space than larger cars. I am 6' 4", I can sit behind myself in the Montego and have plenty of leg room. The car lacks an exciting exterior design, subsequently it is not in demand, I will not sell my Montego because it is extremely undervalued in the used car market. If you should be lucky enough to find one, and are looking for quality, dependable transportation, buy a Montego, probably the best used car for the money in the market. MPG is better than the advertised 19/29. I have reached 33 MPG on the highway (ave speed 68)."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, handles well, enough power for me."

"I purchased my new 2005 AWD/CVT Mercury Montego in Sept. 2005. Here it is 2013 and I am still on the original battery! I did replace the tires. I love this car, from the extra large mirrors to the hooks in the trunk -- features not found on many new cars today. I have serviced my car every 3,000-4,000 miles and have kept her nice & clean. I have more than enough power and the CVT transmission has served me well. I will never trade this car."

Mercury Montego 2006

By on Monday, November 2, 2015

Pros: "runs great..no maintenace issues with it."

"Bought this car from my Dad with 11,000 miles on it. have done all reg. maintenance on it and it as been terrific. very reliable and comfortable to drive..excellent car 20 mpg. Rose in Sacramento"

By on Thursday, November 5, 2009

"I bought this vehicle as a program car with less than 20,000 miles in hopes of getting a better deal. After nearly three years of flawless performace, I do have to admit that the only downside to this amazing car is the dramatic loss in resale value. However, I dont buy cars to make money, I buy them to drive....and that I do. I now have now put over 100,000 miles on the car and its never missed a beat. The engine as fuel efficient and perfectly quiet. ( In fact, I had to turn off the radio in a parking lot the other day to make sure it hadnt died on me!) I love this car and plan to drive it another 100,000 miles. If you can find one....buy it before I beat you to it!"

Comfort, and Great Handling

By on Monday, March 2, 2009

"Nice, solid car.Friend bought a town car and this has more legroom. Really like the HID headlamps.Had a small sporty fun car and this large car can handle pretty well. Horsepower could be better, but with a FWD car any number over 200hp is wasted anyway. I feel like I can get going pretty quick thou(it can outrun any 4-cylinder non-turbo engine). Looks great and feels great. High off the ground. Only complaint is when i go over curb/speedbumps the "mud flaps" are hard and rub and make it sound like i bottom out everytime, this was only big problem before I knew what the noise was. it was between this and a 300C, a car I get sick of seeing everywhere. One benefit of owning an unpopular car is it is very unique"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Montego near Honolulu. See local deals