2008 Mercury Mariner

Based on 152 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

Too bad 2011 was the last year for the Mariner.

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Excellent gas milage, ride and overall vehicle."

Cons: "Not being made any longer."

"The 2011 Mariner was and is an excellent vehicle. Average combined milage is around 25 mpg. Excellent for a powerful V6. No issues after the transmission was programed correctly. I would buy a new Mariner if there was such a vehicle."

Greatest Car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Drives like a car in most situations, but has the ability to behave like a small truck if you need it. Very comfortable inside with surprising room for a smaller SUV."

Very nice package

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"I have the I4 Premier. Very solid build and comfort. Picked the Mariner over the Rav4 and Chev Equinox because of overall package and price. The Microsoft Sync and bluetooth system is awesome. Easier to use than what several reviews say. The 6 speed auto transmission is smooth and effortless. Yet When I back out of my driveway with 4 passengers and then put it in drive and took off I actually chirped the tires. I got yelled at from the wifey but I thought that was pretty cool for a 4 cyl. truck that gets great gas mileage (AVG 24MPG). The seats are comfortable and controls and displays are very organized and easy to use. The multi-color ambient lighting is a small touch that everyone loves and enjoys. The overall exterior look of the Mariner is very impressive and has noticeable niceities compared to the Escape version. The Mariner is the best deal out there in the small SUV class."

Terrific Everyday Car

By on Thursday, April 2, 2009

"Had my 2008 Mariner Premier since March 2007 and I LOVE it. I downgraded from a big Suburban and once I got used to the smaller size, I totally fell in love with the Mariner. It's easy to drive, easy to park, great gas mileage, quiet on the highway and in town, fits in the garage, takes 3 dogs to the vet easily, takes 4 adults to dinner just as easily, sound system is lovely on the highway to New Orleans and back as was the comfort of the ride to Mexico and back. I would absolutely buy this vehicle again. With the leather seats and sunroof on a nice spring day and the peppy V-6 you can almost pretend you have a convertible without all the ugly wind issues."

I love my Mariner

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

"I owned an 06 Mariner Hybrid but found out I couldn't flat tow it after I bought a motor home. I was very upset because I loved my truck and hated to have to trade it in for something that WAS flat towable. After doing some research, I found out that the 08 Mariner Hybrid WAS flat towable so I immediately went down to the dealership and traded in my 14-month-old 06 model for an 08 model that had just arrived on the lot. I am happy enough with the 08 model. I liked the color of my 06 (charcoal beige) way better than my 08 (black). And I like the interior styling of the 06 better than the 08. But my 08 has a plug for my MP3 player and it also has the dual climate controls along with the outside temperature gage that the 06 lacked. So that's nice. I'm not sure why the 08 doesn't have the the grab handles up by the windshield like the 06 did. It's something you don't think about until it's not there. Neither of my models had the stereo controls on the steering column (uh!) but it is available. All in all, I'm very content with my truck although my husband hates it (he says it's a girl's truck) and he wants a Hummer. (Ick)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Mariner near Honolulu. See local deals