2008 Mercury Mariner

Based on 149 Ratings for the 2008 - 2011 models.

Could be better

By on Saturday, April 19, 2008

"Pros - fanstatic styling, tall like a real truck; noticed that it is the same height as my wife's Honda Pilot. Very good suspension, you hear the bumps but don't feel them. Excellent fuel consumption, averages 26.5mpg combined; seems mpg gets better after the engine is broken in around 1500 miles Cons-those seats are just horrible, feels like FORD just drapped fabric over the seat spring. Very poor finish. Must confes no rattling after 2 months, but if you step out of the honda and stepped into the mariner, it feels like you have just moved into a cheaply made car. Bought mariner because i wanted a domestic; i make my living by selling to a few companies that really do design and manufacture things in america. Nice effort, Ford can do better. Would recommend because i hope by the 2009 model, Ford would have addressed the terrible seat issues; a common complain from many users."

great looker!

By on Friday, January 4, 2008

"I traded in my Pontiac Aztek for this sexier looking vehicle. I totally miss all the room I had in the Aztek, but this car gave me what I set out for -- better gas mileage, good performance and great styling! I must say, I miss a 6 cylinder, but for the savings in gas, I can put up with the 4. It performs quite well actually. A little nosier than a 6, but overall a great vehicle"

Amazing First Vehicle!

By on Saturday, September 24, 2016

Pros: "Luxury for less $, reliable, easy maitenence"

Cons: "rides a little rough, interior scratches easily"

"This is the first vehicle that I have ever purchased on my own... and let me say that I LOVE this little SUV. It is reliable, I feel safe in it, and it gets the job done. I can haul my friends and stuff around in it (and being a person with livestock, I often have a lot of stuff to haul around). It stands up well to dirt and grime from the barn and cleans up nice. I try very hard to keep it looking new and it has definitely stayed that way. I also do my own oil changes and basic maintenance, and it has been very easy to work on. However, my friends do complain of it riding a little rough in the back, like when I take a turn they feel like they will fall over. I never notice this, but some of my friends and passengers do. I think this comes with owning a top-heavy car though."

Great Little SUV

By on Thursday, March 18, 2010

"Bought a new 2010 Mariner Preimer 2 months ago and the car has been great, no problems! Great gas milage on the 4 cyl - 26 around town w/ little highway and 31 on the highway. Was concerned about the small engine and pickup but it's been great, no need for the 6 cyl unless towing. Love the no gas cap feature, turn by turn directions standard with free 3 year subscription, no need for a GPS, satilite radio, my key feature, the blind spot mirrors are great. This product kills the JAP's in overall quality. Very quiet ride, better than BMW. Super smooth 6 speed transmision. Price out the door $23,500! Hands down best little SUV for the money. Had a 2003 BMW X3 ($36,000) and was always in the shop, poor gas milage 18 in town and 23 on the highway with same 2.5L engine. Great Job Ford! No wonder your making money and not taking TARP."

Very happy with my Mariner Hybrid

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Have only had my Mariner Hybrid back to dealer only once, for annual/10,000 mile service. Handling, power, comfort is perfect for my use. Would recommend to anyone. Only drawback is scarce availability. Could not find one locally, and had to drive over 200 miles to pick up mine. But, well worth the drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Mariner near Honolulu. See local deals