2007 Mercury Mariner

Based on 189 Ratings for the 2005 - 2007 models.

A Gem of a car!

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pros: "reliability..."

Cons: "blind spot..."

"I bought my car brand new in 2005. It is the end of 2011 and I have yet to do anything but put new brakes and new tires on it. Has never given me a problem! I think it is the best looking out of the small SUV line (i.e. escape, crv, liberty, tribute, etc.)"

indeed

By on Sunday, August 5, 2007

"Average 27.7 MPG in mostly highway driving, city is much better. Wish list would be an electronic climate control, HID headlamps, LED taillamps, Steering wheel mounted audio controls, and 120v in dash electrical outlet. Heated seat controls are mounted on the side of the seats, and this is a very bad location. While sitting in the seat, you cannot see the indicator light if seat heater is on or off.. should also have a selectable temp control for seat heaters as well. The two major complaints I have are the seat heater switch locations, and the lack of electronic climate controls."

EXCELLENT VEHICLE

By on Monday, November 22, 2010

"My wife bought this vehicle new of the dealer showroom floor in late 2005. She drives from South Jersey to North Jersey for work and often she is in NYC as well. She put on about 750 - 1000 per week. She average about 40k per year. She just turned the 200,000 mile this weekend and in the last 5 years the only problem she has had with the vehicle is around 120,000 miles a traction control sensor ring broke on one of the axles. It cost me $32 for the part and 2hrs of my time to replace it. 1St replacement of the original tires was around 140,000 miles. By the way, the original Continental are really noise. We changed to Michelins and what a difference it made. I could actually hear myself think. Around 160,000 the alternator went out. The alternator on this vehicle is expensive, about $250 just for a rebuilt alternator but alternators will go on any vehicle so I am not complaining. We have had no other problem at all with this vehicle. We change the oil regularly at 3,000 and I usually use synthec or a synthec blend. Air filter and fuel filter also changed regularly, other than that my wife turns the key and her Mariner is always ready to go, winter or summer it's been a very reliable vehicle. I would recommend it to anyone. They say american cars are garbage but I strongly disagree. Do proper maintence and the American vehicle is just as good as any import."

Luv everything about this vehicle!!

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"I have owned my 2005 Mariner for 3 years now. I am only 5 feet tall and can see very well over the steering wheel and frontend. I wish the seatbelt adjustment could be lowered more.The headrest does NOT push my head foward. I have driven it on long trips and have found it to be real comfortable. I have a V6 and it really gets up and goes!! I do agree that the road noise can be heard but I have not found it to be overly obnoxious."

2005 Mariner

By on Monday, September 6, 2010

"Love my 2005 Mariner. Bought it used w/7k miles. Agree that the standard tires are noisy. Look forward to replacing them w/quieter ones. Agree too on the fabric of the seats, look slightly cheap and show soil easily. OTHER than those 2 things - am extremely happy w/the pep and gas mileage. Commute 50 mi daily - get abt 23 mpg (V6) - the getup & go on this little SUV is awesome! Overall, I would highly recommend. Just had a car accident; am anxiously waiting news -- praying that they won't total it...want to keep this little beauty as LONG as I can; 3 yrs now...and counting, I hope!!! Held up well thru the accident - was going abt 35-40mph and I rear-ended a pickup in front of me (sorry!) - was a little concerned the airbag didn't deploy - but I walked away with just a sore foot from stomping on the brake too hard but...alas, too lste... :("

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Mariner near Honolulu. See local deals