2008 Mercury Grand Marquis

Based on 567 Ratings for the 1998 - 2011 models.

Excellent used car. 25mpg hwy, 19 mpg lcl.

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "Everything on the car works perfectly."

Cons: "Great gas milage for a full sized auto."

"This car has only been driven by my wife and me. No pets or children were ever passengers. My wife has not driven for the past three years and I am 83 years old with three vehicles. The inside of this car is like new and there is a minor scratch on rear fender, almost unnoticeable. It is probably the best car that I have ever owned."

Really darn good car

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Japanese reliability, old-school style"

Cons: "lack-luster power/fuel eco, old-school engineering"

"Fancy? Fast? Fun to drive? No. It's none of those. It is however, a well-rounded, comfy, utilitarian, and exceptionally reliable car. Boot space is unsurpassed, as is room for those in the front seat. Leg and head space can be cramped in back for taller passengers, but compared to many other contemporary luxury and semi-luxury person-haulers, still offers a comparably comfortable back seat. When folks ask me about the car, I love to tell them about the reliability - 245,000 miles and yet not one single repair. I'm usually peeling folks up off the floor after they've fainted upon hearing of such unbelievable reliability from what has to be the most quintessentially American of cars. I'm often told of some miscellaneous part that had long been replaced on their (insert name of imported driving appliance here). Admittedly - my Grand Marquis was also imported (from Canada). Engineering wise - the car is stuck in yesteryear. Built upon a chassis introduced in 1978 for the 1979 model year, the Grand Marquis was fitted to the chassis for the first time in 1983, and last given a major redesign in 1992 - 19 years before production ended. When you consider how few vehicles live upon a single design with few changes over their production lifetime (The original VW Beetle comes to mind) while continuing to be viable and desirable among buyers when production ceased is a testament to how good the vehicles were. Personally, I wish the Mercury Grand Marquis could be manufactured forever, alas the rest of the automotive world has moved on, and so to will I - someday. I'm really glad to have been able to own one of these gems."

Love this car..!

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "powerful, comfortable, quiet, roomy"

Cons: "unavailable factory sun room, needs armrest storag"

"Bought this car new in May 2009, the car only gets better with age. The ride is wonderful, very quiet, the seats area very comfortable.. I'm well over 6 foot tall and 250lbs, I am very comfortable. The engine and transmission are silky smooth.. you can cruise along at 75mph and give it some gas, the car will rear up and take off effortlessly. Great visibility, huge trunk.. comfortable and roomy back seats.. I feel very confident and safe in this car. I know it will always start and run without a problem. I have the car maintained according to schedule and detailed annually at my dealership. The car looks and runs like brand new.. it has become a trusted friend, I'm proud to be seen in it.. no uselss bells and whistles to break, just a great dependable, comfortable car in true American car tradition.. really wonderful Climate Control system and killer stereo..!"

Never thought I would say this about Marquies LS

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Got a great Price break"

Cons: "I have nothing to complain about this vehical"

"I have had Mecury Grand Marquies GS prior to this one (2009 LS) and Lincoln Town Cars and othe various Lincolns (Mark VIII & Mark VII) - was thinking of getting another Town Car - after flip flopping between the two - the deciding factor was the reliability and parts avaliability in the future - I hold onto my cars for 10/15 years - the Mercury Grand Marquies is a reliable vehical (Used for Cabs) - other fleet uses - I was very lucky - my Marquies LS was ordered from a Lincoln/Mercury dealership in my area - this Marquies was traded in on a new Lincoln - This vehical is loaded with "All" factory options except a sun roof - drive great (a crusier) - reliable - Parts readally avaliable - repair shops all over the place - Cheap to get repaired (relitive to Lincons) - I plan on having many years of trouble free point "A" to point "B" driving pleasure for years to come"

14 yrs. old and only 1 problem

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "very reliable, pleasure to drive, powerful engine"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"Wish they still made this car! Have owned for 13 yrs. and have only had 1 problem so far. I don't drive very much, and have only 41m miles on the car at this point, but recently had a complete checkup on it and didn't need even so much as a new belt or hose. It's a pleasure to drive and I would buy another one if it was still made."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Grand Marquis near Honolulu. See local deals