1992 Mercury Capri

7.8

Based on 40 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

unbeatable for the price

By on Thursday, January 24, 2008

"I bought mine 3rd hand in 1998 with 106,000 miles on it. I still have it. It gets amazing gas mileage, it's pretty quick , you can just push the gas pedal down without downshifting to pass someone. The ac finally lost it's charge after 16 years , and I had it converted to 134 . Fog light bulbs aren't easy to find. Seat material is weak at best. Engines are reliable provided you don't overheat it and change the oil. And it has the usual broken top latch handles , as well as a power window switch that's failing."

good overall value

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"No unexpected mechanical repairs on my 76k vehicle. Fun, good handling, and has pep when not using the AC."

I LOVE my Capri! Sporty, Fun

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

"My Capri has been my leisure car for ten years. 'Love taking it to the beach, or just on Sunday drives. It's been the perfect back up car for everyday driving as well. $30 bucks fills the tank, great stereo system, just a really fun to drive, really cool car. People stop me all the time to ask about the make"

A Perfect Surprise!

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"I am impressed everytime I drive my 1994 Capri XR2...1.6L turbo is fast, comfortable leather seats, incredible mpg and great style! With only 366 XR2's produced world wide in 1994, it has its place set as a rare collectible car."

Only looks expensive, hi style impressive

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Just as stylish & fun as the Miata but much better price and has a decent back seat. Has an amazing amount of room for such a small car. Flatten back seats down space opens in trunk wall to make a very large space for carrying things. I used to fill mine every weekend with large furniture and household items to sell at our local swap meet & many times I had several large pieces. Easily fits 4 full size ironing boards length wise thru trunk opening in back seat. Actually did this once. Owned 2 of them.. A 1989 & A 1992. Only real problem is with the folding of the top down & is bad in the 1990's models. Folding top down correctly only worked 50% of the time as the accordian joint on back sides wont always fold down like it is supposed to. You cant drive with it like that either. not safe. Because of this I often did not get to enjoy driving with the top down on sunny days. Hard to take down by one person alone-possible but hard. I knew 3 other people that had the same top proble. But other than that the top issue is the only real serious problem. No longer ownthem, but may buy a 1993 I found for sale for $950.00 for an extra fun car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Capri near Honolulu. See local deals