2011 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 14 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

GREAT CAR

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Stying, dealer service, craftmanship"

Cons: "trunk space"

"Quality car, comfortable and fun to drive. It really turns heads with its classy styling. There are I have the premium I , media, sport packages along with the walnut trim package and wood steering wheel and diamond white paint with beige and white interior, spoiler and glass wind blockers. I bought it off of the showroom floor so there are a couple of option I would have liked such as the lighting package. It is a fun car to drive, fast enough and handles well. I am pleased with my purchase. The Dick Dryer Mercedes in Columbia SC is extremely service minded and has provided excellent service on our other Mercedes and this was a primary reason in purchasing this car. I think they are one of the very few honest dealers in the country. I have had many bad experience's with several dealers in the SC and NC area. So far this has been a terrific car and I am very pleased with my purchase. I looked at Porsche, BMW, Jags, and chose the SLK which met most of my needs. I have 3 other Mercedes and service was the a very important factor in my decision. If I hadn't had such a positive experience with this dealer ship, I would have chosen the Jaguar roadster. This car would be a problem for a tall and large person, but not for me."

You can and should do better

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "convertible top"

Cons: "Unreliable and overrated"

"Lots of road noise and be prepared to shell out Jaguar type funds to get features most other competition in this class has standard. Keyless entry package is $6000 since not available solo. Engine light come on frequently, and the dealership will tell you to check gas cap an/or use premium gas. Towed to dealer in first week."

Fun to drive, but a little noisier than expected

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive; great handling and braking"

Cons: "More road noise than expected; seats are hard"

"I bought an SLK 250 for my wife. She absolutely loves driving it, and she puts the top down every chance she gets. This car is an attention-getter everywhere she goes. It's actually amazing how much attention this car draws. My wife would give it a 10 out of 10 for the fun factor. I would give it 8 out of 10 overall because I find the car to be noisier - both wind noise and road noise - than I anticipated at highway speeds (with the top closed). It's also not as comfortable as I expected from a luxury brand - the seats are kind of hard. However, the engineering that's gone into the retractable hardtop is pretty amazing. A hardtop coupe when closed, and a fun convertible when opened. The best of both worlds as long as you are realistic about some of the compromises that inevitably have to be made for a "hybrid" like this. I also think the engine could use about 30 more horsepower, but my wife says it's just fine. At highway speeds, it has more than enough passing power, but I pine for a little more HP when accelerating from a full stop. The car's handling is top-notch, and the braking ability is impressive. Overall, if you want a convertible, you can't go wrong with this car. And if you really want more horsepower, go for the SLK 350."

If I could, I'd take back my BMW convertible

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Good looking car"

Cons: "features are not user friendly (technology)"

"I wish I never bought this car. Background on me - I've owned a number of different cars ranging from Toyota, JEEP, Saab, MB and BMW. I'm a fan of MB; yet again, I wish I never bought this car. As far as aesthetics, yes, it's a sexy looking car. Driving/handling, it's pretty good, though not as good as my BMW. Why do I hate it? The technology is not only NOT user friendly, but it lacks key features that I've had in my previous cars. Which features? 1) a list of turn by turn directions in the navi system; 2) voice recognition is TERRIBLE - often times cancelling the command; 3) downloading and saving music files is not user friendly and lastly, this is more of an issue with MB versus the SLK, the most basis safety feature of identifying your location in the case of an accident costs nearly $25/month. Deleted the rest of my review as it compared MB to another car manufacturer."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next