2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 172 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

You'll ejoy this car - have it inspected by MB

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun, stylish hard-top convert and so inexpensive"

Cons: "trunk space"

"SLK, Boxter, Z4, or S2000 ....that's a common question. The SLK is the winner. Conservative but elegant styling, luxury/sporty driver, hardtop, and very reliable. Be certain to have MB conduct a pre-purchase inspection in addition to to CARFAXing the vehicle. These are wonderful cars but like all in their class there can be minor issues with ome and you can easily avoid them. You'll always crave the Boxter, "there is no substitute", but the SLK is a worthy compromise. Really enjoy the SLK and you will too."

best car ever

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "fit and finish, reliability, performance, fun driv"

"bought new over 10 years ago-perfect car with power, sports car and reliability!"

Great fun car.

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun, convertible, peppy, gas mileage"

Cons: "expensive to maintain when something goes wrong."

"Great fun car. When something goes wrong, however, it is expensive to fix. Runs and drives great, very good gas mileage (approximately 32 mpg on highway, 26 mpg in town). Handles very well and is very fun to drive. Trunk is small when top is down, but plenty big enough when the top is up. Not good for a bag of golf clubs."

Original owner, nice sports car.

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "still very sharp looking and runs perfectly."

Cons: "15 yrs old with high mileage"

"bought new, it still looks that way. Very well maintained."

Great Benz

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"I have had my 230 for a few years now. Great and fun car. Minimal problems with maintenance kept up. I would highly recommend this car. The 320 is much faster for not much more. If I had it to do over I would get the 320."

Stylish convertible, Amazing car !!

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Grat car!! I have owned numerous sports cars, and this four cyclinder SLK is the best convertible I owned. Fun to drive. I had absolutely no maintenance since I bought it. Reliable engine too. Sleek & stylish with lots of glances when going down the road with the top down."

Great used car buy

By on Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"We bought a 2001 in 2006 w/40K miles. We have the car serviced by our neighborhood gas station. The car has been very relaible and the operating costs have been low. This car has more of everything compared to our Z-3. More power, quieter, very roomy trunk top up and good for two for a weekend top down. Orig equipment tires are very sporty but only good for 20K. We switched to all weather. Okay gas at 25 to 30 mpg if you can keep your foot off the gas,"

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I have a 98 SLK and after the brake light issues were finally fixed and the supercharger going out on me in 2001, the SLK will probably be the best car that I have ever owned. I base this on the fact that I love driving this car, even tho 10 years old, as I did when I first got it. I was able to drive the SLK on the autobon in Germany at 140 MPH over long stretches and other than being stiff exiting the vehicle the excitment will never be forgotten."

Great empty nest car

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"I'm in my late forties and a five time grandmother. I bought this car when my youngest son left for the military. I drove it home with the top down and loved it. Four years and 60000 miles later, I still love it. It requires little maintenance and since they fixed that blasted brake light problem, I've been driving like the queen I am. For the young or the young at heart, this is the car for you."

A very fun car

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I once read that someone though this car had a great "look at me" factor. I thought that was a little silly, but after buying my 2001 with 50,000 miles on it, I understand what they were saying. It is a very fun car, and although I'm disappointed that they have not held their value very well, I've never regretted the purchase. It's scary in the snow, so I think I buy a nice 4x4 for that and keep my little girl for trips to the beach and fall drives into the mountains. Maintenance every 10,000 miles is a little pricey, but at 95,000 miles I've had nothing other than the brakes done. I also just love how quickly it accelerates. It never lets me down if I need to move in a hurry. Great for freeway on ramps!"