2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 173 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Great little sports car, great value.

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, convertible hardtop, gas mileage"

Cons: "Performance & handling below some sports cars"

"I've owned a lot of sports cars and this is a fun little car with great gas mileage. It doesn't have the acceleration,handling, and fun factor as a Porsche Boxster but makes up for that with reliability over the boxster. The retractable hardtop can have issues with operation. Possible issues can be cables and connections. I do all my own maintenance and repair."

I love the SLK230 so much I am buying another one.

By on Sunday, April 7, 2013

"I am the original owner and bought it as the first one made for the USA! I love it so much I am getting a new one in 2014! I have 68,400 miles on this one! I wouldnt even get another car except my company benefits qaualify me for a new car and it is the only one I really enjoy driving out several autos I own."

One must be an engineer to appreciate this.

By on Monday, October 3, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive and lots of design ideas to learn."

Cons: "None! Is it just me?"

"I bought this used 2001 SLK320 as a project car because I felt in love with its hardtop convertible. It's my 1st foreign car. It died after 3 months and less than 200 miles. After the initial disappointment, I started working on it and loving it more every day. My wife, on the other hand, is not very fond of it because of my "misplaced devotion". This vehicle's parts are mostly inexpensive and readily available on internet and local automotive stores. The SLK320 is as easy to work on as all my Ford and GM trucks and JD tractors. It's vastly less expensive to maintain than my wife's GMC and Cadillac which are only serviced by dealers. I've spent less than $500.00 to restore this babe to good health with a new Crank Shaft Sensor, (12!) spark plugs, wires, air filters, oil change, brakes, rotors, bulbs, lift gates and few hoses. One must work on this car to love it."

Speed and comfort

By on Thursday, February 19, 2009

"I bought this 2002 SLK 32 in January 2009. It is very fast , handles great and nice body style for an older Benz. The hard top convertible gives maximum security and folds down quick and easy. I would recommend this car to anyone who likes to have fun when driving. Don't tell my wife I bought it because she might want to drive it. LOL"

Love this car

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Hard top convertible, sleek, aerodynamic, low mile"

Cons: "No CD but it's 1998 with low miles"

"My 2000 Ford Explorer was giving me problem so I decided to look for another car. I found this beauty of a car that was priced for $9995. It's a 1998 with only 39K miles when I bought it. YES, 39K MILES. I felt like I just bought a new SLK Mercedes for under $10K. It runs perfectly. I bought from a used car lot dealer who claims the previous/original owner was a doctor who never used it. I scored big time on this car and it runs perfectly."