2013 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

Based on 24 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next

A Frustrating Vehicle

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Attractive, sporty and great performance"

Cons: "Rattles and compression thumping"

"The car is attractive, sporty and performs great. However, it has more rattles that a baby's nursery and has a compression thump when traveling between 45 and 53 mph. It is frustrating to pay in excess of $100,000 for a car and have to put up with these things. And the only option put forth by the dealer is for me to come in and spend time with the shop people to point out the problems - not how I want to spend a day and it shouldn't be necessary. Between the rattles and the thumping I will likely dump the car and quit being a Mercedes fan. I have owned quite a few Mercedes over the years (Currently own an S, ML, CLK and this one.) This will likely be my last Mercedes."

By on Saturday, July 25, 2009

A 2013 SL550-Never again

By on Friday, November 13, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Sexy looking car"

Cons: "Poorly designed functionally, poorly engineered"

"When we traded my wife's '08 SL550 we were talked into a four year lease on a new one instead of buying it as we intended. Financially it was an excellent deal. However, we are now stuck with driving this thing another 1 1/2 years before we can turn it in! Compared to the '08 model, this one is a disaster- the most poorly designed (apart from its sexy exterior appearance) and engineered Merc I have had in over 20 years of owning/driving them. Air flow over the bonnet invites rocks to hit the weakest part of the windscreen. Rims bend out of shape after hitting normal potholes- an expensive repair, including the matching tyres! Fuel economy is worse, despite lesser overall performance. I could go on and on, but you get the gist of my points. So, unless you're a guy looking to pick up chicks or a cougar looking for toy boys, find an alternative vehicle to drive and enjoy."

Izollo

By on Sunday, November 28, 2010

"I will never buy another Mercedes Benz auto. While the engine and transmittions are well made, I am shocked at how poorly the other elemens of the care are constructed. Additionally, the cost of replacement parts is unbelievely expensive. For example, distributor cap and rotor $365 and yes, you have two of them. EZL, $2800. AC cooler- $3800 Front bumper cover (painted) $2500. Keeping this car up is one of the worlds biggest rip-offs. Stay away from any Mercedes auto. My purchase of one was the greatest finanical move of my life. My SL500 is a 1994 model so I can not begin to think how much more expensive it would be to repair a newer model."

Expensive, but seem to get what you pay for.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun, Quality, dependibility"

Cons: "Price"

"Fun to drive, very solid and dependable, but you must pay a lot for this."

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz SL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals