2013 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

Based on 22 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

8th SL ... far and away the best .... true GT

By on Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pros: "looks, ride, quality, room & technology"

Cons: "must be stopped to manually enter address on GPS"

"This time I compared to a Maserati and Porsche. This is my 6th SL ... I have also had 5 Jag convertibles and a BMW 650. The Porsche had a weak engine sound, had an uncomfortable seat, no room for my golf clubs .... and while new for 2013 ... still looked like the aged porsche. The Masserati was just plain old. Sexy in appearance and sound, but reminded me of the first BMW 645. They discount these cars so the Maserati, Porsche & Mercedes were all within $5k. The Mercedes has a trunk that hold my golf back with the top down ... the distronics really works. The car is a low 4 second car to 60, but in florida, there are no winding mountain roads, so I did not rated any of the cars on cornering. The interior is great and the high tech the most intuitive of the bunch. My car has all the options including the spoiler on the trunk. What a car."

Exceeded all my expectations

By on Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pros: "Incredibly comfortable, powerful & solid"

Cons: "Its cost - even though it is worth it."

"The 2013 SL550 is even better than I expected, and I've been looking forward to purchasing this car for many years... and finally did it. It is a gentle beast. While incredibly powerful, it is also very sensitive. It is very touchy-feely, I feel like the car is almost alive. The electronics add to the fun. I do not think I will ever own a better, more fun to drive car. I checked out the Porsche 911, but it was too tight for me. I want to drive the most comfortable hard top convertible on the road and the SL550 is it. All my ratings are "10" except for value. That should really be "10" too, but I still can't believe it cost so much even though it IS worth it!!"

Sl550

By on Monday, January 3, 2011

"I have never owned a car that I never want to get out of. The phone is so easy to use, hands free. A massage while driving is remarkable. I never tire of the sl550."

Forget it in the winter

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "A beast-handling and acceleration"

Cons: "Not for winter, hard to get into"

"Even with Pirelli summer tires I could get my 2003 SL55 up the slight incline into my garage with a running start especially if I turned off the ESP when there was some snow and ice in the driveway. With the replacement 13 SL550 and Bridgestone run flats summer tires, be prepared with two strong pushers and a bunch of cinders to get it back in the garage if you are dumb enough to try driving it in the winter. Also without the easy entry feature that my old SL55 had, its not too easy for the driver to get into when the top is on. Otherwise it is superior in every way to my 2003 SL55 which I owned since fall of 2003. All the electronics are up to date and look like they will be trouble free. The car is a beast as far as handling and acceleration just like my 03 SL55 but also gets 18 mpg in city driving, not 12mpg. Be sure to get the bigger AMG wheels which also come with bigger brakes. Wish it had a heated steering wheel option, but on the other hand its undrivable in the winter. All in all a great car, but not if you live in snowy climes and don't have a winter car. It will have to be stored for the winter."

Superb road car, exudes quality and class

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Great fun to drive,"

Cons: "Only room for two!"

"The SL has always been a Mercedes icon. Owned for 3 1/2 years, European delivery, 100 on autobahn, rock steady, corners absolutely level, room for 2 for three weeks on road, assembly perfect, upholstery and fittings first-rate, fast (0-60 5.4 seconds) and braking top-notch. Quiet with top down, even at highway speed. No shakes, squeaks, rattles after 3 1/2 years. Mechanics and electronics totally reliable. Feels like carved from granite, but agile. Reasonable gas mileage (18 city, 27 highway)"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz SL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals