2012 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

Based on 148 Ratings for the 2003 - 2012 models.

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"My second Mercedes SL. Most disappointing experience because there is always something not working in the car and the maintenance costs are astronomical. Full of electronic gadgets who don't seem to last and replacement costs of these gadgets are unforgivingly expensive! Every visit to the workshop (and there have been many!) are mostly just under $1,000 and I only have 35,000 miles on it! The car is a pleasure to drive, safe etc. but a real downer when it spends so much time in the workshop at great cost to the owner. Viva Porsche!"

Ultimate Boulevard Cruiser

By on Saturday, June 12, 2010

"I've owned by 2003 SL55 since new and continue to love this car more every day. As an owner of high power sports cars, I really love having my daily driver provide all the comfort I'd expect with a MBZ while providing the power that I'm used to from the supercharged V8. The addition of custom 20" wheels, slight lowering, and stainless steel exhaust makes this car even sharper and I still get positive compliments all the time even though it's approaching 50,000 miles and i7 years old. My only complaint is the reliability ... not very good to say the least. Anyone considering buying a used one, buy one with an extended warranty or be prepared to pay premium repair bills ... definitely not a Toyota in this area."

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "retractable hard top"

"Great car that is fun to drive and styling is pretty much timeless. Decent performance and mileage in ultimate luxury and class. Love the convertible hardtop that eliminates the soft top issues of noise, wind and make them easy targets for theft. Seats are great and the options to move them are almost unlimited. Love the heat and ventilation. Highly recommend, especially if you can find a good used one for a fraction of the price."

UNBELIEVABLE IN EVERY WAY

By on Monday, March 8, 2010

"I BOUGHT THE 2007- SL600- PEWTER WITH STONE INTERIOR. THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE TO COMPARE IT TO AND I DROVE EVERY OTHER HIGH END CONVERTIBLE BEFORE I CHOSE THE SL600. THE AMG PACKAGE ENHANCES THE LOOK OF THE CAR AND EVERYWHERE I TAKE IT, PEOPLE JUST STAND AND ADMIRE IT. MY WIFE LOVES HER XKR JAGUAR CONVERTIBLE BUT EACH MORNING THE SL600 IS ALWAYS HER CHOICE FOR THE DAY. I GUESS I NEED TO BUY ANOTHER ONE FOR ME TO USE. WE LOVE THE CAR MORE EVERY DAY AND NOT ONE PROBLEM OTHER THAN REGULAR SERVICES-EVERY 10,000 MILES. WITH 510 HORSE POWER AND 612 LB-FT OF TORQUE, I HAVE HAD NO TROUBLE PULLING AWAY FROM ANY OTHER CAR. AT 65 YEARS OF AGE, I FEEL LIKE I AM 25 AGAIN BEHIND THE WHEEL AND I HATE TO GET OUT OF THE CAR."

Beautiful Ride

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"This ride is a blend of class, performance, and comfort. I can't say it is repair free. i have had a few items, such as the strut, repaired under warranty. There has been minor recalls (campaign). After six years, it still looks new. This car hugs the curve like a race car. You feel safe behind the wheel since you have so much control and speed."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz SL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals