2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

9.4

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

Sheer perfection.

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

Pros: "Excellent ride, passenger space, speed, & style."

"After driving many very fine Jaguar XJs since 1996, I leased a 2010 S400 Hybrid for less money per month despite having an MSRP $20,000 higher. It was replaced last year with my 2013 S550. There is nothing to complain of and nothing to change. The ride is excellent, there is plenty of passenger space and the materials are impeccable. The engine's 429hp is exceptional yet 25-30mpg on the highway are the norm. I have driven the car now for 1 year and at its first annual oil change, there were no needed warranty repairs, adjustments or problems to correct."

Bestblarge luxury sedan ever

By on Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pros: "Smooth powerful ride"

"This is my third Benz and second S550. I am amazed at the ride and performance improvements from my 2010 to my new 2012. This time I got the Sport Plus Pkg. the car handles wonderful on the road and the ride is silky smooth. My combined fuel economy has in crease by an average og 3-4mpg. I drive about 30,00-35,00 miles per year."

Wolf in a sheep's clothing

By on Saturday, April 9, 2016

Pros: "Blast to drive, not flashy"

Cons: "Uses tons of gas but who cares"

"Complete and total luxury in this performance beast of a car. Beat up on all the other performance cars out there while you are on total comfort and absolute quiet. I like to see the total surprise on the driver's faces of Camaro's, Mustang's, BMW's, Chargers and Vette's when I give them a total beat down with a 5,800 Benz. Complete and total comfort, sound proofed windows and lots of rooms marries performance and luxury."

Dream car - almost dream come true - happy to have

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Quality of ride and thecar build"

Cons: "Cost"

"Second MB and first S. 2007 s550 4matic. Wonderful ride and quality inside and out. Love extra toys (camera, distronic plus, massage seats, other features). A few super minor gripes: Bluetooth doesn't work well with blackberry, distronic plus and park assist turn off in foggy/wet/snowy weather (sometimes, nor everytime), after awhile, dynamic seat feature stopped working. Other - fuel economy is great on hwy, so so in city (now new engine might be better). I do love 4wd! Saved the car a few times!!! Accelerates wonderfully in "s" mode - don't need Amg 63 or 65 to pass pretty much anyone (except motorbikes ;-) )... Expensive maintenance (dealer mechanics suggest always! about $1500 in annual work - not repair!) repair if not on warranty or insurance (body) is expensive (so if it's a used car may look too expensive).... But I love it, can't imagine not having it or a similar car... Hard to drive anything else now . If you care for a good car - buy it."

The perfect car

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive, fuel economy, luxury"

"This may be the perfect car. You get all the feel and driving performance of a V8 S Class, all the accessories, and roughly 25 MPG in real life mixed city/highway driving (at least in my experience where I have slightly more city than highway). I used to drive a BMW 750Li. Great car, but this car drives better and gets almost twice the gas mileage. Oh, and it costs about $25,000 less. Go figure. The S400 Hybrid is the best kept secret in luxury autos."