1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Based on 136 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

S600 is the Ultimate Luxury

By on Monday, March 7, 2011

"I have owned my 97 S600 since May 2009. Overall it has been a great, rewarding experience. As long as you are willing to pay a premium for maintenance/parts the car is well worth the upkeep (money). The S600 was $150,000 worth of Mercedes Benz technology when new so expect for that technology to go bad over time and cost a small fortune. Main issues with the car is the factory hydraulic suspension, rear sunshade, front and rear A/C, oil leaks, and operating systems causing frequent check engine lights which are expensive to diagnose and even more expensive to repair. I will only recommend this vehicle if you know a GREAT mechanic. If you rely on the dealership expect to spend $3-$5,000 per year to maintain. If you have the patience and deep pockets I would recommend the W140 S600 again and again. Hope this helps!"

a decent project car

By on Friday, September 2, 2016

"i ve owned this car for 10yrs. i would drive it anywhere, just came up on hard time in the last few months and couldn't keep it up. Wanting to sell to someone that would like to buy a real decent old school benz"

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I love my car! Smooth, Fast, Comfortable. The only drawback, makes you not want to ride in anything else."

I HONESTLY LOVE THIS CAR

By on Monday, March 27, 2017

Pros: "The most comfortable vehicle i had ever drove."

Cons: "No heated seats, loves premium gas."

"This is my 3rd Mercedes Benz, by far the best one yet so far.. The title to top this classic, is hard.. The best most comfortable riding car I ever had. German quality at its finest. I suggest you use always premium gas, nothing less. I use the Lucas fuel injector cleaner as well on every fill up. It is a very comfortable road vehicle, only one issue I had, thats dealing with the fuel injector wiring harness, I suggest you change that, other than that issue, you will have a great machine to feel great about.I have drove this car across country last month to NYC with no issues."

Looks good BUT!

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"I have been driving MCB S Class vehicles for 24 years. I now own my last one! I get over 31 mpg on my 2001 S430 at 70 mph...HOWEVER, I am on my 4th instrument cluster, 4th battery, 3rd mass airflow sensor, and second alternator. (the first seized on the MA Tpk.) Mercedes paid all but 10% to have the rust repaired on the bottom all 4 doors. It rides great, looks like new, but I don't know what's going to fail next and the repairs are very expensive! I was told last week to expect a check engine light very soon because the mass airflow sensor is about to fail...again!"