2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

best in it's class

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "great ride, even better appearance"

Cons: "none that comes to mind"

"Tested BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Audi, and Cadillac, gas engine all. Only the BMW could comparefavorably. Both more pricy than the others with same features, Leather not standard in either, but I actually prefer the leatherete, since it is more durable . ML performance equal to BMW, but ML won the day because I preferred the interior far better, especially having the shift contols on the steering column, allow more space for storage and beverages."

Excellent vehicle. Bluetec V6 is excellent.

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Pros: "Quality, range, performance, and comfort"

Cons: "Infotainment system dated"

"Excellent comfort and quality. The turning radius is amazing. The cabin is as quiet as I've ever heard even considering it is a big diesel. I've had the car three years and ZERO are the number of problems I've had with it. The long range on the highway is a distinct plus and there is no problem finding diesel on main highways. The infotainment system is dated but functions very well."

Favorite Car Ever

By on Friday, January 13, 2017

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, ride, handling, quality"

Cons: "initial purchase price"

"This has been my favorite vehicle ever almost 50K miles -- no repairs aside from routine maintenance and reprogramming Mbrace. Averaging 25.2 mpg on diesel over that life. On highway travel have exceeded 29 mpg on a tank. Comfortable, tows boat well, quietest diesel I've ever owned, all wheel drive is outstanding, interior is comfortable and luxurious. Just a fabulous vehicle and ownership experience."

Not so sure

By on Friday, November 2, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable interior"

Cons: "soft handling"

"I purchased this vehicle new 2 months ago. The revamped appearance is very appealing, making the vehicle "edgier" and more current than past models. The ML has a very soft and 'floaty' ride, similar to a Lexus. If you are looking for a more luxurious feel (vs. tighter drive) this is your car. For some reason I feel like I'm driving a sedan, and prefer a more powerful ride. Acceleration lags initially but catches up. I have had repeated difficulty with the Bluetooth technology, a lot of crackling, static and cutting out in the speakers...very annoying. Also, I am disappointed with the "fake" leather...a vehicle that touts luxury and a hefty price tag to boot should have this as a standard feature. The nav system is well done and user friendly...but there are many components that are also difficult to click through to find what you're looking for. I am currently considering taking the loss and switching to the BMW X5. It comes down to this: if you are looking for a cushy softer feel, this will make you very happy. I feel, somehow, that it is an "older person's" car. If you want driving performance and not quite ready for the Buick ride...keep looking."

So good I bought two

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "Quality build, safety, available options, drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage (only sllightly)"

"I am a stickler for research to be sure. I do this so I can be sure to get the best value for my money. My wife finds this frustrating but in the end I know I have what I want. That said, I researched all the European and Asian options and found the ML 350 to be the best value on the market. In fact, I just purchased my second one. I have been a BMW man for almost 20 years. My 2010 535i was an awesome sports car but lacked the space I needed. In my opinion the Japanese options just weren't up to the quality standards of the Germans. They just felt really light weight compared to the Europeans. The Audi was more like the Asians than the German's. I liked the BMW X5's handling a little better than the ML's but only slightly. Other than that, the ML won on all counts. Mercedes-Benz offers a great list of options for this vehicle. I got my first ML back in Sept. 2012 and now have a second one. My second one has ALL the options and they work as described. Gas mileage isn't so hot but if you calculate the cost of the ML compared to the competition it's only a little higher. Another factor that moved me to a second Mercedes is the service. When I recently had service done on my BMW 535i, the BMW dealership gave me a Toyota Yaris as a loner (REALLY???)."