2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 219 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Masterpiece of comfort, safety, efficiency

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "handling, safety, reliability, comfort"

Cons: "strange transmission glitches, bad mileage,"

"$63,000MSRP Fully loaded incld air suspension, camera, heated seats, MP3, telephone, Nav, etc. The only repair in 56k miles was power steering pump at 45k miles. Very comfortable seats and controls, good visibility, turning radius. Abundant V8power, quiet, and a good stopper. Best Hwy mileage, using extreme care, under 70MPH was 21MPG. Pure city only 13MPG and my typical blended is 16-17MPG. Weaknesses: The 7speed transmission is indecisive about downshifting for accelleration when D. It's annoying. Best way to optimize gears for weaving and traffic is to use the manual numbered gears. Or, just leave it in 6, which eliminates the lag in downshifting. This has been fixed in 2009 models with 8speed. There's one dangerous transmission issue: it goes into the so called, "safe mode" when rapidly ascending and stopping. It takes a rest break at the top of a hill. Dealer says this isn't a defect, which I think is crazy. Takes some getting used to. I only rate Value as 3/5 because you can get everything in Acura MDX for $10k less. Previous car was '01 BMW X5-V8 that I used for 95k miles. I'm 68 and have had more cars than I can remember. It was the most unreliable, problem prone car of my life and that includes 1950's Fords and Chevvys!"

Love this car.

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

"Great car. Handles well, tight turn radius, good visibility, lots cargo space and seats 5 adults comfortably."

This SUV has treated me well over the years!

By on Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pros: "Great design, looks, and power!"

Cons: "maybe clearance underneath if you need it."

"Minimal maintenance, when it did come of course it was after the warranty period. I found a honest great place to work on the car after the dealership at half the price on labor. But the maintenance overall has been minimal."

Great highway mileage, great road feel

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Loved the diesel engine with high mileage of 26 mpg at 80 mph on the highway. At first we thought it too small but now like the size. ride, acceleration, interior comforts, quality leather seats, and natural ergo controls were all a very good fit for me. I wish it was available in a more simplified configuration ... without the navigation, bluetooth,"

safe and smooth driving

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

"No hustle bustle driving with my ML-350. it saves me so many times . Breaks and driving are really good. I'm satisfied with my ML."