2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

8.4

Based on 218 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Overall disappointed

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

"Nav system very difficult to operate as other dash components. Multiple small problems which required taking in to service department. Limited leg room in back seat and small storage area."

Exceeded expectations

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Quality, quiet cruise, mileage, versatility."

Cons: "Some electronic glitches (German stuff)."

"Fantastic vehicle! Great low end power, quiet 80 MPH cruise, good fuel mileage and great versatility. Rides and feels like it just came off the showroom floor, the ML's quality is a real plus. Tight turning circle is critical for my city domain, while the ability to quietly cruise 600 miles in one day makes this SUV a must for my varied life."

Very comfortable, reliable, great in snow

By on Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Had this 2008 model since new. Still has original brakes(74000 mi.)very few problems( none malor). Car is driven mostly in town(60/40 local v hwy)averages 19.5 mpg.Very comfortable and user freindly.Engine has good torque and good responce.Only dislike is that the handling could be a little crisper with less body roll. This a great car in snowy conditions, If you get stuck driving this, everyone else will be too! When I trade it will be another ML350."

Great mid SUV

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, handles well, great long-distance car"

Cons: "cargo bay will not accommodate 4x8 plywood"

"This car handles and rides very well. It's a great long-distance car. I can haul most everything I need to. Only drawback is the cargo bay will not accommodate a 4 ft wide piece of plywood. Otherwise, no complaints. Gas mileage is ok for a car of this size. Handles well on ice and snow in North Dakota."

Masterpiece of comfort, safety, efficiency

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "handling, safety, reliability, comfort"

Cons: "strange transmission glitches, bad mileage,"

"$63,000MSRP Fully loaded incld air suspension, camera, heated seats, MP3, telephone, Nav, etc. The only repair in 56k miles was power steering pump at 45k miles. Very comfortable seats and controls, good visibility, turning radius. Abundant V8power, quiet, and a good stopper. Best Hwy mileage, using extreme care, under 70MPH was 21MPG. Pure city only 13MPG and my typical blended is 16-17MPG. Weaknesses: The 7speed transmission is indecisive about downshifting for accelleration when D. It's annoying. Best way to optimize gears for weaving and traffic is to use the manual numbered gears. Or, just leave it in 6, which eliminates the lag in downshifting. This has been fixed in 2009 models with 8speed. There's one dangerous transmission issue: it goes into the so called, "safe mode" when rapidly ascending and stopping. It takes a rest break at the top of a hill. Dealer says this isn't a defect, which I think is crazy. Takes some getting used to. I only rate Value as 3/5 because you can get everything in Acura MDX for $10k less. Previous car was '01 BMW X5-V8 that I used for 95k miles. I'm 68 and have had more cars than I can remember. It was the most unreliable, problem prone car of my life and that includes 1950's Fords and Chevvys!"