2011 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Based on 125 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Nice car but hard to get into--sill is too deep

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Easy to maneuver into parking spots!"

Cons: "Getting one's foot over the sill when getting in"

"Very nice car, but cumbersome to get into...the sill is very deep so you have to bring your leg up and over it to get in it. I also do not care for the "eco" feature that turns the engine off while you're at stop signs and such. It was a step-down in size from what I had before (BMW X5) and I'm going back up. Not enough storage in the back end, as well."

Flexible, Fast, Fun

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Electronics is outstanding, powerful,"

"I have owned this SUV for one year and would recommend it to anyone. You feel like you are driving a sports car with its power and suspension. I bought this SUV for the winter months, my summer car is a Porsche Turbo Carrera."

Love my GLK - but now that baby is on the way...

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "Great handling!"

Cons: "Car seat will not fit in the back!"

"I LOVE my GLK - I have always drove mercedes and purchased my GLK in 2011. All of my mercedes have always been dependable and no issues. The GLK is not large enough in the backseat for my car seat so I will have to trade!!!! My C Class had more room in the backseat than the GLK!"

Buyer Beware

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun, small 4 WD SUV"

Cons: "Eco, windows, cheap plastic running lights"

"I have had my GLK 350 for 10 months and I still hate it. I had a 2012 GLK 350 that I really liked and I traded it for a 2014 and I regret that. The Eco option drives me insane; the heat turns off in the winter and the AC in the summer. You have to manually disable Eco every time you start the car or it stalls at traffic lights and in traffic. BMW will disable the Eco option, but Mercedes refuses to. I will NEVER buy another Mercedes with Eco, it is very, very annoying."

5200 miles in since 06/2013, so far so good

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, torque, practicality, fit and finish"

Cons: "Rearview camera, push button start should be std"

"Have been driving the GLK250 since the end of June '13 and have had no major complaints so far. Zero problems (mechanical or electrical) encountered and it's simply a solid vehicle overall. Have been averaging 30-31 MPG after 5 fill-ups in 80/20 Hwy/City driving. That's from my own mileage calculations but frankly the on-board trip computer is not too far off (within 0.5-1MPG accuracy). I'm not exactly a lead-foot but I don't drive like a granny either (I'm 28 years old). This thing just eats road imperfection for lunch - I live in the NE region so there is plenty of that around. Can't wait to test out the 4Matic performance in the snow in another month or so. Favorite Features TORQUE - loads of it (369 ft.lbs) from 1800rpm and up. This makes the car feel much peppier than it actually is (only 200HP for a 4200lb car). This is my first diesel and I'm already addicted. Fuel economy is just awesome for a vehicle this size. Transmission is very smooth - shifts are almost undetectable. (The 9-speed currently being developed should be even better when it debuts within the next year or two.) Column shifter seemed very ancient at first but then I started enjoying the extra space made available because of that. Suggested Improvements Brakes seem little soft, backseats could use a bit more room, rearview camera and push-button start should come standard, navigation/infotainment system is in dire need of an overhaul/upgrade, both visually AND functionally. Power liftgate and pano roof should be selectable a la carte instead of being bundled with an expensive package. Wish it didn't come with run flats (or, in MB terms, Extended Mobility tires) but the ride is perfectly acceptable to me (I tend to prefer a stiffer ride). They are just expensive to replace down the road."

Great car to lease

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful styling, comfortable"

Cons: "Doesn't handle like a BMW, but it's plenty good."

"I love driving German cars, but I would never own one after a horrific experience with a 1998 ML 320. But, I highly recommend leasing this car, so it's always under warranty. My last car was the 2007 BMW X3, but when the lease expired, the 2010 was exactly the same, so I wanted something different. The 2010 GLK was brand new and I absolutely loved the styling. It felt a bit roomier than the X3 and the ride and seats were a bit softer and more comfortable, although still much firmer than your typical Japanese or US rides. Compared to the X3, I would have to say the BMW was a better handling machine. It held the road like it was on rails, whereas the GLK gets a bit unstable on rough road surfaces - nothing bad here. It's still very good, but the BMW was better. Other than that, I really like the car. I've had no problems in 2 years and the care is really good looking, good driving and comfortable. I highly recommend leasing one if you can."

Best I ever had

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Ride, safety, look, quiteness, prestige"

Cons: "Rear seat room"

"I owned it for more than a year. Not a single quality problem. Ride likes a car with feel of a tank. Gas mileage is average. Interior is excellent. Exterior is sharp looking, better than rest of the rounded copycats. Highway driving is real fun."

Great foul weather car!

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pros: "Powerful and comfortable,"

Cons: "Does best with 93 grade gas along with low gas eff"

"This car handles snow and heavy rain very well. It is a gas guzzler. Luxury abounds. If you need the space and enjoy the luxury, don't mind the economy or lack thereof, this is the car for you."

Love the style and the luxury...

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"I looked at the BMW x3, and the Audi q5. This is by far the best because of the options (love mbrace) and the style (nothing looks like it). The Audi is essentially the VW equivalent, and the BMW does have a luxury presence (other than the name). I got the GLK with just about all options (expect for the rear video and parktronic) which gives it presence."

Great riding and looking SUV, Handles exceptionall

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Classy and great to run around in."

Cons: "no cons."

"I have had this MB for over two years and it has never dissappointed. Rides and feels great. Great Value. Only comment that is slightly neg. is that the passenger seat could go back a little further. Great SUV Mercedez!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class near Honolulu. See local deals