2016 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $109,970 - $117,311.

Invoice N/A

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 01/19/2017

10/7.0

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Phenomenal car with a few flaws

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "Finesse and class mixed with power and technology"

Cons: "Only 2 usable HVAC vents for the entire rear"

"My wife and I have owned the 2013 GL450 for 1 year and we both admit that it's the best car that we have ever owned. Quality both inside and outside defines this vehicle. At 75mph the 3 ton gentle beast sails as smooth as a hovercraft over calm water while the cabin is quieter than a whisper. Awesome steering at both low and high speeds. I can't think of a production car that I would feel more safe in. Negatives include a complex infotainment system that takes some serious study to take advantage of all the high tech amazing tricks. Also for a car this large, there are only 2 usable HVAC vents that serve the entire 2nd and 3rd row. If you are in the "wayback" during the summer, you will be sweating . Nevertheless if you have the means to afford this vehicle, it is a pure joy to travel the long road. Of note, there are hard to find since demand is high and supply is low. Not too many seen on the roads, so it turns many heads and serves as a topic of conversation on the parking lot frequently."

Blows Cadillac Escalade away

By on Monday, August 22, 2016

"Owner of two Escalades, ESV since 2007. The first, a 2007 which I loved, and a new body 2015 which I hated. I hated it so much I traded it in after 1 1/2 year of suffering for my new 2017 GLS. I love this car!!! I couldn't be happier. Don't waste your money on the Cadillac the Mercedes is by far superior!"

A Perfect Lemon Car for Lemonade!

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Great look , Inside and out"

Cons: "too many mechanical issues"

"Bought in Oct 2012. car has constant Vibration. with bunch of other issues such as vibration while braking. Door Latch problem. Cooling system problem, A/C problem. Seat problem, Pre Safe system problem , No Help From MB USA or try to repair the vehicle!"

Okay, but Expensive for okay...

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Pros: "Great power and handling for a family car."

Cons: "Expensive and trouble if unfixable problem."

"I see the other write-ups are all over the map! Ambivalence - I love it! I hate it! We have decided to get rid of it because like the one review, it has constant vibrations that the dealership gave up trying to find long ago. (They said it was the tires. MB factory tires!) Also there is a known problem with the air filter that makes the car smell like mildewed laundry when it first starts up, again apparently unfixable. There is a rattle that comes from the center console that may not bother some people, but for the money, I should not have to put up with. I agree with the other write-up about the power and handling ===> Amazing! We felt like we were driving on a cloud for the first 3 months, then the vibrations started and it makes riding in the far back almost unbearable. Want to believe the best and try another one, scared to try another one."

Lifetime Yukon Owner now a GL Owner for Life!

By on Thursday, January 21, 2016

Pros: "Very quick, solid, dream to drive"

Cons: "NAV could use updating for shorter command string"

"At 6'5", there are a limited number of vehicles in which I feel comfortable. I have owned mostly GM products over the years due to their superior headroom and prior to buying the GL450, had been in two GMC Yukons for about 13 years. They were good vehicles and held their value well. But, when I decided to step up a notch, what an amazing difference! The electric assist steering and overall ride and handling of the GL450 are significantly superior to the GM SUVs. The GL450 has a more car-like ride, seems to sit a little lower to the ground, has superior headroom, unbelievable power from the bi-turbo V8, and better fuel economy that the 2010 GMC that I previously had. The fit and finish is perfect and the functionality of the 3rd row power seats is the best I have seen in the market. Front seats are extremely supportive, yet comfortable and the visibility is very good in all directions. I recently travelled and rented a 2016 Chevy Tahoe (new generation). I would grade it about 3 notches below the MB. I had forgotten how much more the GMC SUVs feel like a "truck" and the difference in engine performance. Important note - Most dealers carry GL450s loaded with options, so you see many exclipsing the $90-100K range. if you are patient, you can special order a GL450 and trim some of the very expensive "fluff" that you may not want or need and get the price down in the low to mid-$70s (and still get Premium package, large wheels, NAV and H-K sound system. I wanted three months and my $76K version looks, runs, and rides no different than the $100K version. And if you price a new GM, Lexus, or Land Rover product, mid-$70s is actually very price competitive."