2016 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $57,741 - $62,159.

Invoice N/A

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 06/29/2017

10/7.0

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Very Nice!

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable"

Cons: "Not as nimble at 90 MPH"

"I drove BMW X5's for nine years, but really wanted something a little more plush. The GL certainly met that criteria. In fact I'm kicking myself for not buying this car earlier. It's much more luxurious than the BMW, though not as nimble. On long trips the weight of the car really stands up to the desert winds, and I must say I like the stability of this huge vehicle. The car cruises along at 90 and I don't even know I'm going that fast. The larger gas tank gives me great range - sometimes as much as 600 plus miles and the larger cargo space plus ability to seat 7 passengers is an added bonus to the car. If you're looking for comfort and space, this is the car for you. I can see this car may just be the one I end up holding onto for an extended period of time."

Just Plain Superb......Phenomenal SUV

By on Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Pros: "Fun to drive, Technology, Performance"

Cons: "Infotainment-takes a while to get used to"

"Former QX60 owner traded up to GLS 450 last year and have nothing but praise for this vehicle. I love it - driving dynamics, quality, feel and Interior are among the best in class. Drives like a gentle beast with its 9 speed transmission. At 80mph cabin is very quiet and you dont feel minor holes on the road. Quality is paramount - inside and out. The only Con i can think of is - the infotainment system. Not bad but it takes a lot of time to get used to reap the full features. Overall great SUV - if one can get their hands on this gentle beast, it is a pure pleasure to drive this for both short and long haul trips."

Phenomenal car with a few flaws

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "Finesse and class mixed with power and technology"

Cons: "Only 2 usable HVAC vents for the entire rear"

"My wife and I have owned the 2013 GL450 for 1 year and we both admit that it's the best car that we have ever owned. Quality both inside and outside defines this vehicle. At 75mph the 3 ton gentle beast sails as smooth as a hovercraft over calm water while the cabin is quieter than a whisper. Awesome steering at both low and high speeds. I can't think of a production car that I would feel more safe in. Negatives include a complex infotainment system that takes some serious study to take advantage of all the high tech amazing tricks. Also for a car this large, there are only 2 usable HVAC vents that serve the entire 2nd and 3rd row. If you are in the "wayback" during the summer, you will be sweating . Nevertheless if you have the means to afford this vehicle, it is a pure joy to travel the long road. Of note, there are hard to find since demand is high and supply is low. Not too many seen on the roads, so it turns many heads and serves as a topic of conversation on the parking lot frequently."

Blows Cadillac Escalade away

By on Monday, August 22, 2016

"Owner of two Escalades, ESV since 2007. The first, a 2007 which I loved, and a new body 2015 which I hated. I hated it so much I traded it in after 1 1/2 year of suffering for my new 2017 GLS. I love this car!!! I couldn't be happier. Don't waste your money on the Cadillac the Mercedes is by far superior!"

Okay, but Expensive for okay...

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Pros: "Great power and handling for a family car."

Cons: "Expensive and trouble if unfixable problem."

"I see the other write-ups are all over the map! Ambivalence - I love it! I hate it! We have decided to get rid of it because like the one review, it has constant vibrations that the dealership gave up trying to find long ago. (They said it was the tires. MB factory tires!) Also there is a known problem with the air filter that makes the car smell like mildewed laundry when it first starts up, again apparently unfixable. There is a rattle that comes from the center console that may not bother some people, but for the money, I should not have to put up with. I agree with the other write-up about the power and handling ===> Amazing! We felt like we were driving on a cloud for the first 3 months, then the vibrations started and it makes riding in the far back almost unbearable. Want to believe the best and try another one, scared to try another one."