2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Finest Large SUV on the Planet

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Ride, Vry comfortable for tall, good mpg"

Cons: "None detected"

"The GL450 has the finest ride I have ever experienced in a large vehicle. Combined with more than adequate power and surprising economy. Comments from my family and friends after 1,100 mile journey to the Mountains, the most comfortable and safest trip ever. Drive the GL you will be impressed."

Is any automobile really worth this price?...Maybe

By on Monday, March 2, 2015

Pros: "Ride quality, craftsmanship, quickness"

Cons: "price, No remote start (how is this possible?)"

"I'm a car guy, but recently (might be middle age) have sought after a vehicle that can still fit 7 comfortably, has above average acceleration/power, AND drives as smooth as silk. I've had the QX80 and New Denali (same frame/suspension as Escalade). They are roomier and have power but their rides are harsh and they cannot comfortably handle normal driving around town. Their suspensions and steering don't manage poor road conditions well. My Gl550 is a lot smaller and is more of a drivers car. If you need that extra 3rd row this is one of your better choices. I lost my shorts trading cars in over the last two years but this SUV is a top notch vehicle that I'm very happy with."

Great vehicle, not so much a great SUV

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "Ride, comfort, features"

Cons: "the Utility portion of Sport Utility Vehicle"

"I had replaced and older SUV with this vehicle. I don't so much fault the vehicle as I fault my assessment for what I need. Storage................when I position the drivers seat for my comfort, I can't collapse the second seat behind the driver. The drivers seat has to be moved forward to collapse the 2nd seat behind drive. Rear access.......I frequently carry a canoe on the roof rack. When the canoe is on the roof, I can't get access to rear storage as the spoiler on top of lift gate inhibits opening. A pop open rear window could solve this but it doesn't exist. Traction.........The AWD is great for varying weather during normal driving. Off road, AWD inhibits control and traction. I've only owned the vehicle for one year, and as nice as it is, I am now looking to replace it to address the deficiencies above. Some simple improvements to this vehicle would make it a functional Sport Utility Vehicle. I've come to call mine an SMV vs. an SUV (Soccer Mom Vehicle)"

Great SUV! Will buy another

By on Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pros: "quiet, lots of room, reliable"

Cons: "fuel millage"

"After owning a Caddillac, porsche, Lexus this is the best SUV I have owned. I wanted something a bit larger that the Porsche Cayenne to haul the dogs, golf clubs ect..No issues and great on long drives. Just turned 25000 miles and changed the tires. when it turns 50k I will most likely get another one!"

Great Tow Vehicle

By on Monday, April 6, 2015

Pros: "Great SUV for towing"

Cons: "Extras add up fast!"

"Bought the GL to tow. We tow a 28ft Airstream with this truck and get about 17mpg towing. Torque of 455 beats most light trucks and the lower center of gravity makes towing safe and maneuverable. Of course, getting there is much more comfortable in the GL350 compared to a truck. When driving around town the handling and ride of the GL is wonderful. Great milage and I can't find a SUV that has more than 1CF of cargo capacity. Just a great vehicle so far."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals