2013 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

Based on 14 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Is any automobile really worth this price?...Maybe

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "Ride quality, craftsmanship, quickness"

Cons: "price, No remote start (how is this possible?)"

"I'm a car guy, but recently (might be middle age) have sought after a vehicle that can still fit 7 comfortably, has above average acceleration/power, AND drives as smooth as silk. I've had the QX80 and New Denali (same frame/suspension as Escalade). They are roomier and have power but their rides are harsh and they cannot comfortably handle normal driving around town. Their suspensions and steering don't manage poor road conditions well. My Gl550 is a lot smaller and is more of a drivers car. If you need that extra 3rd row this is one of your better choices. I lost my shorts trading cars in over the last two years but this SUV is a top notch vehicle that I'm very happy with."

Amazing in Most Aspects but Some Glitches

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "Handling, Gizmos"

Cons: "Glitches"

"I had a 2012 GL550 and recently bought a GL63 AMG. Very different from the GL550, in handling, ride and upgrades. GL550 I consider the Luxury version and GL63 the hotrod. It is loaded and still getting use to the Lane Keeping and Pre-Safe features that keep you almost too honest. Unfortunately some glitches have occurred in warning for hood being open (when on highway), keyless door not always responding and seat memory does not always return to settings at start up. Also some instrument cluster navigation annoyances. But it is quite the SUV hotrod. Still not sure if I like it better than GL550 but a heck of lot more money."

Great vehicle, not so much a great SUV

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "Ride, comfort, features"

Cons: "the Utility portion of Sport Utility Vehicle"

"I had replaced and older SUV with this vehicle. I don't so much fault the vehicle as I fault my assessment for what I need. Storage................when I position the drivers seat for my comfort, I can't collapse the second seat behind the driver. The drivers seat has to be moved forward to collapse the 2nd seat behind drive. Rear access.......I frequently carry a canoe on the roof rack. When the canoe is on the roof, I can't get access to rear storage as the spoiler on top of lift gate inhibits opening. A pop open rear window could solve this but it doesn't exist. Traction.........The AWD is great for varying weather during normal driving. Off road, AWD inhibits control and traction. I've only owned the vehicle for one year, and as nice as it is, I am now looking to replace it to address the deficiencies above. Some simple improvements to this vehicle would make it a functional Sport Utility Vehicle. I've come to call mine an SMV vs. an SUV (Soccer Mom Vehicle)"

not built for someone over 6 ft 5

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"the car is not built for some over 6 ft 5 due to the blind spots in the side panels."

A fine road warrior vehicle.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

"Smooth as silk on the interstate. Good value for the money. Excellent fuel economy for a large SUV. Very comfortable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals