2011 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

8.0

Based on 175 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Overpriced Poor Quality

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Cons: "Poor quality"

"This is my 3rd Mercedes. Quality and customer service are images of the past Mercedes-Benz. I have religiously serviced this vehicle and taken care when driving. After numerous mechanical problems and thousands of dollars in repairs, I will never purchase another M-B product. Replaced transfer case, front struts, etc, etc. Service manager tried to get M-B to help with cost of transfer case failing after 80K miles, to no avail. They just don't build them like they used to."

And The List Goes On...

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"We have had a list of problems with this vehicle, from the gas gauge not working (which left us stranded on the side of the road) sunroof opening and shutting on it's own, windows not working properly, bluetooth keys sticking, side mirrors not working, replaced tires 1 time at only 18,000 miles and the list goes on...."

problems with bells and whistles

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle for 7 months. It has been in the shop for 3 times due to small "bells and whisle" problems. I travel 150 miles one way to the dealer and everytime I take it in I have to come back when the part comes in. Last time I took it in it was to repair the driver window, well on the way home I noticed that the other instruments on that door panel now do not work. Parking sensors just malfunctioned today. What's in store for tomorrow???? Other than small things everything else is wonderful with the car. I just wish the dealer was closer."

Fantastic SUV size with amazing mpg - hi 20's

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "mpg, comfort, fit and finish, room, drive"

Cons: "diesel fuel pumps - see complete review"

"I've owned several full size SUV's with room for family and friends. MPG has always been the downsize, generally averaging in the mid teens. Driving the vehicle you would never know it was a diesel.... power, performance, handling, no truck sounding diesel here, no dirty diesel here. Great Car. The only con I have is filling up with diesel is often dirty - most diesel owners are truck owners that use their vehicles for labor type jobs. The pump's are dirty (we even keep gloves in the car). I do see this changing as more diesel luxury cars entering the US market"

Love the car but hate the maintenance

By on Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Pros: "Incredible turning radius, mileage and handling"

Cons: "Breaks so ofter I feel I've driven a loaner more"

"I wanted a diesel and SUV that would haul 7 people. MB GL350 fit that bill, the car drove VERY nice, like the interior and absolutely loved the mileage (22mpg average day to day and have achieved over 27 on road trips). Now the issue. I think the "Check Engine" light has been on more than it has been off. I've changed the brakes, the front air suspension, timing chain and had a problem with the transmission and multiple sensors. Now my main seal is leaking and I have an issue with the blue fluid sensor and pump. I've probably dropped 10K into this care in the last 18 months. I can't stand driving the thing and feel that it will BREAK at any minute. I love driving the car, great power and mileage but it's a VERY fragile SUV."

Great for 3 years, then...

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Pros: "Doors close like a tank."

Cons: "Blue-Tech - DO NOT BUY!"

"NEVER BUY a Blue-Tech. I bought this car in expectation of towing a trailer and still retain the style and comfort of a luxury vehicle. For the most part the first three years were great. Once that 40000 mile mark hit, I have had nothing but trouble. Terrible, and now as soon as I leave the shop the [Check Engine] light comes on again. What? Another $600 for a motorized intake valve. Not to mention untold other issues like $6500 for possible transition replacement. Then the Blu-Tech heating element is only sold as a combination piece with the entire unit. What $1200? Now they tell me the oil is leaking... on a Mercedes? The worst car I have ever had. Door closes like a tank, but it drops maintenance fees from my account like a rock in the ocean. Oh, and by the way my father bought the E class Blue-Tech. Same type of issues. Garbage. We have had Mercedes for years, but never again!"

Higly recommended. Love this SUV. Comfort style

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Love to drive, smooth, Nice handling, strong"

"I bought this car in 2008. really nice SUV. Comfortable, smooth drive. good if you have family you will love it. suv works great in all weather conditions. I will recommend this car to everyone who is looking for luxury Large SUV"

awesome

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "tires"

"My only complaint is that I have 60k on truck now and will be putting on my third set of tires, replace every 20k and the tires are not cheap ($1400.00) other then that my wife loves the truck and have had no problems at all with it. Will be buying another one soon."

2008 GL320

By on Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage, great to drive, love the look of the SUV"

Cons: "Very expensive, bad navigation"

"I bought the GL320 2 yrs old, with 25k miles and CPO. I would never buy it new, it's way too much money, but I feel like I got a good deal used. I've only driven it a little more than 10k miles, but love just about everything about it. I really like the way it looks and drives. I love that it's a diesel but doesn't smell and spit out black fumes. I love having the ability to carry 5 kids if I had to. I've had it in once for an oil change/maintenance, a warranty shock replacement and once to change a headlight. I usually get about 26mpg on the highway, and 21 mpg around town which can't be beat for a 7 passenger SUV. I am amazed at how un-user friendly the navigation is, the engineers obviously never used a Garmin!"

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros: "handling, visability from drivers position"

Cons: "gas milage, tailgate window doesl not open"

"Only negative is gas milage. Had Tahoe's and Yukon's prior to this, the GL450 is a far better vehicle. Just had a rental Yukon and the difference is off the charts."

Be Warned

By on Saturday, February 2, 2008

"I have owned this vechicle for 18 months. Seems like every time I drive it there is something not working properly. After a couple of days at the dealer things are better for a while. Then its time for service. Expect $400-$500 for regular service(oil change).Mercedes says to just expect the brake noise there is nothing they can do about it. High price does not equal high quality."

2011 GL350 bluetec

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, quiet, space, fuel mileage"

Cons: "Nav system, run flat tires"

"This is our second GL. We have owned it since September 2010. Our previous GL was a 2008 GL 320CDI. This is by far one of the best cars that you can own. We have loved both of our GLs and would only get the diesel. Lower initial our purchase , better resale, and awesome fuel mileage. My two biggest complaints with the 2011 are the nav system (Mercedes issue same on my 2011 E cabriolet too) and the run flat tires. They are required because bluetec prevents spare. We were told that we were very lucky to get 28,000 miles out of ours. It was $2,400 for four titles installed. MB should be embarrassed for using a second rate product on one of their premier vehicles. Other than that love the vehicle. Looking to get a 2014 in the fall. Love the new style"

Loves the Mechanic

By on Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"This SUV loves the local dealership so much it requires a visit with a new problem every six months. Since we bought this SUV brand new we have had nothing but problems. It goes into the dealership again today with electrical issues for the 3rd time. Best of luck with this SUV"

Good overall vehicle, but expensive to own

By on Sunday, January 17, 2016

"i have owned this car for just over 5 years, and i continue to enjoy the vehicle. however, it is expensive to own and maintain, and tire wear is especially bad, despite trying different brands."

poorly engineered,

By on Friday, June 24, 2016

Pros: "handsome and interior is comfortable"

Cons: "stupid run flat tires, so no spare or jack."

"requires frequent replacement of parts that should not fail. I have spent almost as much in repairs in 6 years as the car originally cost. Does not even retain value like Mercedes used to have, now I know why. More in common with Italian or English cars, looks and feels good for awhile then falls apart after a few miles."

This is a great suv...

By on Monday, April 6, 2015

"Great power, easy to drive, will cruise at 100mph.... The diesel has extra power, great fuel, lots of power out of the hole. The wife drives it everyday... all day... no problems. Best SUV we ever had"

Drives like a dream, nothing better for hwy trips

By on Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Pros: "gteat drive"

Cons: "maintenance is expensive"

"Car handles and drives almost by itself. we take on extended trips and 500-700 mile days do not leave you worn out. I am 65 and my wife is 21 on wait she is 59. we love this car."

Great SUV, purchased in 2007, it is a 2008.

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "Great Mileage, holds road even in snow, towing."

Cons: "Dealers that want to upsell you everything."

"Purchased in 2007, a 2008 model, great gas mileage, have gone across country multi times. Most recent from TX to CA. Handles well, turning is excellent, holds road at high speeds. Does well off road in sand, and on highway. Only problem have been Dealers that don't know what they are doing. One in CA, did not tighten oil cap,and oil blew all over engine. Cost then $400.00 to clean engine. I have towing package and all bells, whistles, keyless entry..great..never lose a key. One does need to find a good dealer, if serviced properly no problems. Would purchase this vehicle again. Diesel cost more, but mileage is much better. If you consider the mileage vs. other gas SUV, it is almost double. Best mileage on a trip was 30.4 MPH. Usual 28.7MPH. Skid plates are great for off road. Power, comfort, good MPH, safety. Just get a good Dealer and you will love this SUV."

The ultimate road car

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Excellent car for long road trip with 2 or more"

Cons: "Eats tires"

"I have owned my 2007 GL450 since March 2009. We drive over 200 miles round trip to the lake each weekend and generally drive from Dallas to East coast once or twice a year with 4 average size adults. Everyone is comfortable and the ride is excellent. I have replaced tires more than I expected but otherwise no complaints at all after 3 years of ownership."

It's "OK"

By on Friday, October 31, 2008

"It's all Mommy (bummer). It looks like a truck but it's not. Coming from an Expedition, to a Land Rover LR3 to this diesel "wagon", the only advantage it offers is gas milage and it's fantastic. I'm averaging 21 mpg city/hwy combo vs the Land Rovers 13.7 mpg. Other than that, the Rover wins. The electronics are overkilll. I hate the power tailgate, transmission, and backup sensors. The navigation system is slow and the map is inferior to both Fords. This thing will pull a house off it's foundation but won't win a race. It's comfortable but less than the Rover. I've had no problems but there are some electronic ghosts (sunroof reopens when closing, navigation cleared all saved destinations, tailgate reopens after closing, etc.) It's a good vehicle but there are "good" for cheaper, the Expedition for example. If your about gas milage, fit and finish, and image, the 320CDI is for you, if not look to the domestics."

excellent

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "great drive"

"Love engine sound love handling love space look awesome. Oh man what else? All goodies."

Its ok a best!

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

"Not worth the $$$! Numerous things have broken inside the vehicle. The acceleration from a complete stop has left me panicked more than once. It is very delayed! You must ezzzz onto the accelerator, I have been told. Well sometimes that just isn't the situation...The expense of servicing this vehicle is outrageous. Especially when you drop off your vehicle and they say "oh this is a minor service" Then you pick it up to pay "only" $500 or $600. Major services run $1500 or more. Tires are also a crazy expense for this car."

Worst Car I've Ever Had

By on Friday, July 18, 2008

"The 1st mo. I had the car it was in the shop for 3 weeks. For the front end system. Then 2 more times during the time I've had it. Brakes sqeak terribly. I have had the worst customer service in Annapolis, MD. Cost $500 for oil change. I have only 40,000 miles on it and had to put all new tires on it due to being a high performance car. Didn't know when I bought it, it used high test gast - cost over $100 to fill. I have had a Ford Expidtion for almost 10 years and I have not had any problems w/it. I thought I would get a better car for the cost of it. Totally disappointed in this car. Never another Mercedes."

The Real Deal

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pros: "Quality, comfort, size"

"Does everything they say - excellent quality, fun to drive and excellent gas mileage for a heavy SUV - good value."

Fantastic vehicle

By on Saturday, July 4, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive and love the power 335hp. very smooth"

Cons: "The nav is not that user friendly"

"It is a very powerful smooth riding quiet machine. Handles like a dream in the snow, best all wheel drive system of any car that I have owned. Would highly recommend it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals