2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

8.0

Based on 175 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Great of the great ships

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Reason: Traded for new M class

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfort, trade-in value"

Cons: "Big to handle in tight quarters"

"If looking for a great big SUV this is one of the best. Traded and it brought 2/3 of its original value after 4 years! Turbo Diesel engine was flawlwss, and yielded lots of power torque and quiet sophistication, and up to 30 mpg on the highway! Amazing, understated luxury, impressive to customers I transported."

Luv My GL 320 CDI

By on Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Just a great car period. Rides smooth accelerates like a race car and gets 24 mpg on hwy."

By on Thursday, January 31, 2008

"Has had a lot of little things go wrong. Dealership near us was very good about picking car up, giving us a loaner, and fixing things quickly. It is an expensive car, but it is solid and has a lot of good features."

Pretty good SUV

By on Sunday, January 29, 2017

Pros: "smooth ride, roomy, great look, quiet"

Cons: "expensive parts and maintenance"

"I currently have 87600 miles on my 2010 GL450. I haven't had too many problems other than I had to replace the front and rear air suspension along with the air compressor about 2 years ago. My GL is currently under warranty but it will expire next month. We are having a hard time deciding whether to keep it or trade it in before the warranty expires. I've read a lot reviews where some owners have 80k miles or more. I know repairs can be costly and not sure if I want to run the risk of having something break down after warranty runs out, plus I'm still paying for it. If there was no high risk for expensive repairs, I would have no problem keeping it."

Great for 3 years, then...

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Pros: "Doors close like a tank."

Cons: "Blue-Tech - DO NOT BUY!"

"NEVER BUY a Blue-Tech. I bought this car in expectation of towing a trailer and still retain the style and comfort of a luxury vehicle. For the most part the first three years were great. Once that 40000 mile mark hit, I have had nothing but trouble. Terrible, and now as soon as I leave the shop the [Check Engine] light comes on again. What? Another $600 for a motorized intake valve. Not to mention untold other issues like $6500 for possible transition replacement. Then the Blu-Tech heating element is only sold as a combination piece with the entire unit. What $1200? Now they tell me the oil is leaking... on a Mercedes? The worst car I have ever had. Door closes like a tank, but it drops maintenance fees from my account like a rock in the ocean. Oh, and by the way my father bought the E class Blue-Tech. Same type of issues. Garbage. We have had Mercedes for years, but never again!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals