2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

8.0

Based on 175 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Buy it with caution

By on Monday, March 8, 2010

"I just switched from a Lexus GX-470 to a GL 450. The ride is much better than Lexus and is more roomier. However, the instrument panel needs a major overhaul. This is the first car that requires you to read the manual just to find out how to operate the radio/CD. Once the radio is on, turning it off is yet another challenge. If I hit the power button, it turns the entire COMMAND off. The panel is over complicated. Why do I have to read the manual to operate such basic tasks??? There should be ONE button to do these things. I have to hit several buttons in the panel before anything starts."

Pretty good SUV

By on Sunday, January 29, 2017

Pros: "smooth ride, roomy, great look, quiet"

Cons: "expensive parts and maintenance"

"I currently have 87600 miles on my 2010 GL450. I haven't had too many problems other than I had to replace the front and rear air suspension along with the air compressor about 2 years ago. My GL is currently under warranty but it will expire next month. We are having a hard time deciding whether to keep it or trade it in before the warranty expires. I've read a lot reviews where some owners have 80k miles or more. I know repairs can be costly and not sure if I want to run the risk of having something break down after warranty runs out, plus I'm still paying for it. If there was no high risk for expensive repairs, I would have no problem keeping it."

LOVE my GL - wish it was a tiny bit bigger

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, well appointed, great looking"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance"

"I love this car! I bought it in February 2010 with about 40000 miles on it and I added an extended warranty to 100,000 miles. I didn't buy it brand new because at the time my three kids were all under the age of four so I didn't want them to ruin a brand new one! I now have just under 70,000 miles and haven't really had a major issue yet. Aside from regular maintenance I've only had it in for a couple minor issues (ALL covered under warranty). The only one I specifically remember was the motor on the back door started malfunctioning so they replaced that and one of the air shocks (I think that's what it was called) had a leak so they replaced that as well. My only complaint in this model year is that the nav system isn't as great as the newer ones and it isn't really all that great if you're searching for POI's. I literally sometimes get a location that is hundreds of miles away even thought I know for a fact there's a location within 10 miles. In case you're thinking I may need to update my nav disk, that's not it. I bought a new one about a year ago. The only complaint I really have is that maintenance is expensive. Regular maintenance visits are several hundred dollars - pretty close to $1000. The other thing is that these cars are heavy and they go through tires MUCH quicker than I'm used to. They told me that when I bought it, but it still hurts. I just put new ones on for the second time and it runs about $1500. That's right - for the second time in 30,000 miles. All of this said, I really do like this car a lot. It's comfortable and even the third row is tolerable for me (I'm 5'7). I wouldn't want to be back there for a cross country trip, but when my mother in law is in town I always somehow wind up in the back somewhere (that's a whole saga in itself….) Anyway, that's about it. I'm just starting to look for a replacement - more because my husband thinks I need a new car. I'm perfectly happy in my car and since my boys are getting bigger I'm considering a larger SUV (maybe an Infiniti QX56 or Q80), but since I'm losing the 5 point harness car seat in late 2014, I may just stay in the same size car and therefore I'm seriously considering a 2013 or 2014 GL."

Solid

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "utility, quiet, ride, power"

Cons: "electronics are a bit dated"

"We've owned our GL450 for almost a year and have a little over 12,000 miles on it. We had a minor glitch at the beginning with the navigation system, but it was quickly resolved, and the only other time in the shop was for the annual maintenance where a few minor issues were tweaked (burned out light bulbs, glitchy rear hatch). Overall, we've been very happy with this SUV. The ease and flexibility of going from an 8-seat vehicle to a 5-seat with enormous cargo capacity is great, and the ride strikes a nice balance between maneuverability and comfort. It's also the quietest car we've ever owned. The only negative I can think of is the electronics (e.g., navigation and voice command) are a bit dated compared to the competition."

I love my GL-450.

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "expensive tires and have issues w/tire pressure"

"The GL-450 is a great vehicle. I wish the gas prices had not risen the way they did because it takes a pretty penny to fill it up. Tires are extremely expensive for it, but overall I am extremely pleased."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals