2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

8.0

Based on 175 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

Very nice ride, excellent cruising vehicle.

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, comfortable and the nav system is amazing."

Cons: "Gas milage."

"I bought this vehicle used and was afraid of the maintenance cost, however the overall maintenance is minimal. This is one of the best luxury vehicles I have ever owned."

SUV features and drives like a sports car.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable for long trips. QUIET."

Cons: "Real leather isn't an option."

"All around satisfied. Except for 2 issues. #1. The stock tires don't last more than 25K miles. Plan on spending over $1K to replace and you have limited options. Hankook is your best option with guarantee. #2. Mercedes doesn't hold it's value as much as Mercedes likes to tout. It is a great quality car, few if any maint. issues, comfortable drive -- but depreciates just as fast as other cars. The real win is if you keep it over 7 years...then you see a difference."

Best Vehicle

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Love to drive."

Cons: "Diesel is expensive."

"Love this SUV, with turbo diesel and six passengers on board plus luggage has plenty of power and room. Mileage is better than expected, get 27/28 MPG on highway."

Buy it with caution

By on Monday, March 8, 2010

"I just switched from a Lexus GX-470 to a GL 450. The ride is much better than Lexus and is more roomier. However, the instrument panel needs a major overhaul. This is the first car that requires you to read the manual just to find out how to operate the radio/CD. Once the radio is on, turning it off is yet another challenge. If I hit the power button, it turns the entire COMMAND off. The panel is over complicated. Why do I have to read the manual to operate such basic tasks??? There should be ONE button to do these things. I have to hit several buttons in the panel before anything starts."

LOVE my GL - wish it was a tiny bit bigger

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, well appointed, great looking"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance"

"I love this car! I bought it in February 2010 with about 40000 miles on it and I added an extended warranty to 100,000 miles. I didn't buy it brand new because at the time my three kids were all under the age of four so I didn't want them to ruin a brand new one! I now have just under 70,000 miles and haven't really had a major issue yet. Aside from regular maintenance I've only had it in for a couple minor issues (ALL covered under warranty). The only one I specifically remember was the motor on the back door started malfunctioning so they replaced that and one of the air shocks (I think that's what it was called) had a leak so they replaced that as well. My only complaint in this model year is that the nav system isn't as great as the newer ones and it isn't really all that great if you're searching for POI's. I literally sometimes get a location that is hundreds of miles away even thought I know for a fact there's a location within 10 miles. In case you're thinking I may need to update my nav disk, that's not it. I bought a new one about a year ago. The only complaint I really have is that maintenance is expensive. Regular maintenance visits are several hundred dollars - pretty close to $1000. The other thing is that these cars are heavy and they go through tires MUCH quicker than I'm used to. They told me that when I bought it, but it still hurts. I just put new ones on for the second time and it runs about $1500. That's right - for the second time in 30,000 miles. All of this said, I really do like this car a lot. It's comfortable and even the third row is tolerable for me (I'm 5'7). I wouldn't want to be back there for a cross country trip, but when my mother in law is in town I always somehow wind up in the back somewhere (that's a whole saga in itself….) Anyway, that's about it. I'm just starting to look for a replacement - more because my husband thinks I need a new car. I'm perfectly happy in my car and since my boys are getting bigger I'm considering a larger SUV (maybe an Infiniti QX56 or Q80), but since I'm losing the 5 point harness car seat in late 2014, I may just stay in the same size car and therefore I'm seriously considering a 2013 or 2014 GL."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz GL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals