2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 172 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Excellent car, if you want the Mercedes ride

By on Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pros: "Perfect design, fit, finish and ride"

Cons: "Almost too refined for the "driver""

"Best car I've ever owned or driven, and I've owned BMW, Audi, Honda and VW. The 2011 MB E350 is solid, smooth, stable, super quiet, comfortable, reliable, and well engineered. The materials are incredible, the fit and finish is second to none and the overall dynamics of the car are unmatched. Of all cars on the market today, you'll be hard pressed to find a better all-rounder. I have the E350 with sport. My only negative comment is that the car is so refined, that the input to the driver just isn't there like it is on a 535 or A6. If you are a "driver" and enjoy driving a car in a sporty manner, be sure to test drive the competitors too. The MB is so quiet and refined, you kinda miss that seat of your pants feedback drivers cherish. Otherwise, the MB is pretty well perfect."

Fantastic driving car...It's a joy to drive!!

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"The car has been perfect since day one in December 2009 when I got it. With the 7 speed auto transmission and the V6 I can get 30 MPG on the highway, if I keep it under 75...It's a really great car."

Great car, great improvement

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Power, Styling, Interior Gadgets"

Cons: "Traction Control"

"I had an 2008 E350 and decided to upgrade at lease end to the 2011 E550. Mercedes hit the mark and the V8 engine is entirely too much fun for a guy who likes to push the envelope on speed and acceleration. The interior space is well thought through, plenty of storage space and everything just connects seamlessly. I think this car is really perfect for me and my needs. I have only two issues. 1. I have a 400 h.p. V8 engine and whenever I need to rapidly accelerate from a stopped position my tires slip up something terribly and I start slower than if I still owned a E350. My suggestion, regardless of where you live (I live in sunny Southern Texas), get the 4 matic. The traction is just terrible. 2) The second issue pertains to a manufacturing defect that the dealership can't seem to address correctly. The dash piece at the foot of the inside windshield has a "loose clip" and vibrates to the point it drives me nuts. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it, only to leave me with a new vibration in the same part, just closer to the center. I will take it in again, but I have to give the car up for a day and it is really inconvenient. The traction and defect aside, without hesitation I recommend this car and believe Mercedes got the E550 right."

Beautiful exterior design, quick and sure footed

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "looks, highway driving, pep of v-6"

Cons: "column drive, park, reverse, nav system"

"My wife drives this car on a daily basis and she loves the ride, she does not like the harsher ride of the BMW. I am the highway driver and really like the smooth performance and zip. The interior is nice and clean, but am not a fan of the nav, radio, cd system, too complicated."

Magnificent Beauty

By on Friday, November 2, 2012

Pros: "Design, Technology, Comfort, Quality"

Cons: "Shoulda got the Premium 2 Package"

"I was the first owner of the E350 Coupe in Flodida. I now have 42K on this car and I still love it. It still turns heads everywhere. Its design theme is so well thought out. I think they designed the coupe first and then they unfortunately tried to make it work in the sedan. The technology is wonderful and reliable. I'm sure there is a BMW somewhere that handles a little better; but, not as comfortable, beautiful or reliable. I don't think I will ever own another car without a panoramic roof. I will keep this car till the complete redesign comes out in 2016 and I will buy another if it is as well executed."