2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next

E350 doesn't begin to compare to the S550

By on Thursday, March 17, 2016

Pros: "1st 2 years have been trouble free"

Cons: "Not designed for 6 foot drivers"

"Mercedes builds a solid, safe car - however I absolutely hate the ECO feature that turns the engine off when you come to a stop and then restarts the engine when you let off the brake. The ECO feature can be disabled however it automatically enables every time you start the car. The ECO feature is on all Mercedes. The E350 ride is a bit rigid. Service is pricey and I would be scared to own a Mercedes without an extended warranty. The Nav system and phone interface on this car are marginal compared to what's available. Cooling re circulation motor continues to run for hours after the car is turned off. Operator interface to vehicle options could be better."

Outstanding Ride

By on Friday, July 4, 2014

Pros: "Ease and comfort of driving, good interior space"

Cons: "Complex navigation system"

"This car is a dream to drive, on city streets or highway. The handling is smooth and responsive, the acceleration is great. The interior space is comfortable for five. The navigation system takes a bit of "getting used to", but I'm sure that ease of using it will improve over time."

Do'n buy MB. Leasing is OK.

By on Friday, May 27, 2011

"I have a E500. It is a piece of junk after four years old. The TOYOTA avalon that I have with 180K has much less trouble comparing to this 2004 E500. What I heard from my friends is "don't buy 2B (BMW Benz). Now, I have same experience."

Great looking! Terrible electronics--Poor ride

By on Friday, December 6, 2013

Pros: "good looks---but even a bimbo can LOOK good"

Cons: "navigation, seats"

"After owning 5 new 5 series BMW's including an M5 (THE BEST CAR EVER!!) we(wife) wanted a change so we bought a new 2012 C350C. A really good looking car and on the test drive it seemed fine. It wasn't until a week or so later we realized what a terrible mistake we made. The navigation system is so antiquated it should come with a hand crank! After two return trips to the dealer for instruction, the sales person admitted he used his iphone nav rather than the MB system in his car. The seats in the coupe are like sitting on a marginally padded park bench after a couple of hours driving and no adjustment could make them comfortable. All in all, the car is such a disappointment, after a few months I purchased a 2012 XF V8 Jaguar (great performance, good electronics and great looks) and the wife uses the 350 as a grocery getter, hence the low mileage. We also purchased a 2013 Ford Escape Dog Car and the Ford is superior to both in electronics. My experience with the MB is the owners are like a cult. Through the years I've owned Ferraris, BMW's, American performance and muscle cars, Hot Rods and now the MB and Jag. I have good friends who are MB owners and they would not even consider another brand. So read these reviews with a grain of salt, especially if written by an owner of several MBZ's, they probably have fallen victims of the MBZ Cool-aid. There is no question MBZ makes a solid vehicle after all they are taxis in Europe, but for responsiveness, handling unless you get well into 6 figure$ MBZ just does not cut it in my opinion. And my main beef is the electronics---Mercedes should be ashamed about their navigation system---it alone has turned me off to the brand."

Poor Quality and not supported by Warranty

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

Pros: "Great design and fun to drive"

Cons: "Poor workmanship and durability"

"Most of the MB 350's have seat covers made of MBTex vinyl even the one with all options available like my car. Just behind the top of the bucket seat at the seam the seat started to form a tear. This happened at only 16,000 miles and I took it to a dealership because it had to be a flaw in the workmanship for a car with so little use. The service rep sent pictures to Mercedes of America warranty repairs and the repair was denied. They simply do not support the workmanship of the cars. This car originally sold for $60,000 and the seats start to tear at 16,000 miles. Do not buy their cars as they are not made any more like they used to be."

A very good automobile with great looks & safety

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun and safe"

Cons: "This year modle did not come with 4 wheel drive."

"I have had this car for 2 years and everything about it is great. The only problem I have had was the ease that the tires can be destroyed but that is the conditions of the roads in Buffalo and the northern east coast. Clearly this is a machine for an enthuses and at the same time the second safest car I have every been in the first being a E350 Sedan."

Very Dependable Car

By on Thursday, February 5, 2015

Pros: "Great Quality"

Cons: "Brakes. Used up three pair of breaks in 106K miles"

"Not one problem with the car in over 5 years and 106K miles. I am so happy with it that I am buying another E Class from Mercedes. I am actually sad to get rid of it because I am afraid the quality and dependability may be lacking in another car."

2011 E350 Bluetec - Couldn't be Happier!

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "engine, interior, reliability, solid feel, value"

Cons: "diesel a little loud in slower city driving"

"The fit and finish of the E350 is superb: Every part of this car feels solid, and after 33,000 miles there are no rattles or imperfections to speak of. The mileage of the diesel is excellent - low 20s in city/traffic, and high 30s cruising at highway speeds, plus diesel is usually less than premium at the pump. While the exterior is attractive, the look is more timeless than trendy. The COMMAND interface takes a day or two to learn, but after that is quite intuitive and easy to use. You won't regret purchasing an E350, and you'll never look like you've got something to prove."

Best Car I have ever driven

By on Thursday, July 3, 2014

"I have owned this car for 5 years and love everything about it!"

I average 41 mpg on this car.

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

"Just traded in my old 2012 e350 bluetec for this new 2014 e250 bluetec. The car drive smoothier and quieter than its predecessor. I only have it for a week with 100o miles. The range of this car is fantastic (750 miles)."

CPO and fantastic

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Handles great. Engine very responsive."

Cons: "Paddle shifter"

"Bought this as a CPO and love the car. My only complaint is the paddle shifter should be quicker."

By on Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"I just bought the 2009 E350 with Sport Package, and this vehicle is awesome. I trade my 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 and the riding and comfort isn't comparable with the Challenger, the comfort for the MB E350 is better than the Challenger without counting what I'm saving now is gas mileage."

This MB is show room new with less than 5,000 mile

By on Thursday, July 30, 2015

Pros: "best experience you'll ever have"

"This is an E550 4 MATIC with 4,900 miles. Garaged and covered, never in snow or rain only driven on weekends locally."

Great vehicle..worth the price.

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

Cons: "could use additional storage space"

"comfortable ride, solid feel, after two years no problems at all."

Limo that drives like a sports car

By on Friday, December 12, 2014

Pros: "Extreme power, great handling, smooth ride"

"Purchased a 2010 Mercedes E63 as a CPO vehicle after reading reviews and having owned several other models and am love driving this car daily! It is like riding in a limo but has the power to blow sports cars away which makes it the perfect combination of luxury and power in a vehicle. The car came fully loaded but one of my favorite features include the dynamic driver's seat which hugs you as yo take corners and massages you while having to sit in traffic. The bi-Xenon headlights with adaptive highbeams also great for night driving. The ride is smooth, but press the pedal to the floor and passengers experience G-force that makes the heart race because this car can go from calm cruising to flying into a rage without hesitation. Definitely one of the best models that Mercedes and AMG has ever made and glad that I was able to find one to enjoy."

Luxury Version Gives Smooth Ride, Comfort

By on Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Pros: "Ride quality, mileage far above EPA estimate"

Cons: "Options are pricey and bundled."

"Lots of cars in this class, lots of choices. You'll like this car, especially the Luxury version if: (1) you want a gentle, comfortable and quiet ride, but still with European feel and control; (2) you want an interior that adds ambience and a high end feel without gimmicks or aggressive styling; (3) you're "of a certain age" and have had enough of the aggressive, loud and hard riding sedans designed for high speed track use, but are far less useful in daily driving You can add features to the basic E350 package, but for me the base car is perfect. You don't get XM/Sirius radio or Navigation, but Bluetooth is standard and pairs easily with my SmartPhone, giving me both features at no added cost. The standard radio is also HD - a nice touch. Basics also include real tires with spare (unlike some competitors), fully adjustable seats with 3 memory settings, power sunroof with tilt feature, LED headlights - (low beam only) and LED taillights, economy/sport mode shifting with paddle shifters on the steering column. Mileage is exceptional - near mid 30s on highway on 65 MPH cruise control; still over 30 up to 70+. I bought a 2015 CPO car from an authorized MB dealer for a very attractive price - maybe the base model car wasn't in high demand, but regardless of the reason for the low price I prefer the base car for many reasons - easy on the wallet, less to go wrong when the warranty expires, has all the things I need. I considered the Audi A6 - another very nice car, with a very attractive interior. I preferred the MB V6 instead of the standard 4 cylinder in the Audi and felt that the MB 7 speed transmission was far smoother than the Audi. Compared to the BMW 5 the MB has a far better ride - the BMW comes with run flat tires - very rough ride on all surfaces (I've owned 5 BMWs, wish they didn't change the tires). The MB also has a more attractive interior, and is noticeably more comfortable on the road. I tried the Jaguar XF - didn't like the very high sill height - felt very claustrophobic in the car, and for shorter drivers the A pillar is too close to your head for my taste. The Lexus E class is "OK", but I don't like the feel of the front wheel drive and found the car somewhat boring to drive. It's a very well made car, but it just didn't work for me. I'm sure you'll have other opinions from mine, but I'd urge you to at least take a look at the MB for yourself before deciding on another car in this category. Like me you may be surprised and find that "This is the one"."

Love this car

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Pros: "nice ride, good looks, reliable"

Cons: "interior temp is very hot in the summer, pricey"

"I love this car even though I've had some minor problems with it. I bought it new and after a year I had to have some of the wood trim replaced because it developed some cracks. They replaced the cracked pieces of trim and left the original trim that was not cracked. The original trim had already started fading so it was slightly lighter in tone than the new trim. The dealer would not replace all of the trim so I could have a uniform appearance. No other problems until a couple of weeks ago the Express Up/Down feature stopped working on the driver side window. So I need to keep the button pressed until the window is completely up or down. The Express Up/Down feature allows you to quickly press the button then let go and the window continues up or down by itself. So that needs to be fixed. The car gets VERY hot if it sits in the sun. I assume that because it is a black car it holds the heat more than a lighter colored car would. Other than that the car has been reliable and comfortable and nice to drive. Love it."

Will never buy another Mercedes again

By on Friday, June 10, 2016

Pros: "good performance, nice engine/power"

Cons: "horrible and cheap interior/exterior finish"

"Loved the car's engine and power. It was a lovely looking car from a distance. For what I paid, the interior and exterior finish were terrible. Had higher expectations for a high end top selling maker. The finish seemed quite cheap and interior trim was falling apart within months of purchase. We had a family Audi and now I am on the hunt for a new car and I'm going back to Audi."

Wish I'd Spent More Time Researching

By on Monday, November 23, 2015

Pros: "Tight steering. Creature comforts."

Cons: "Xenon lights. ROAD NOISE!"

"Polycarbonate headlight covers will discolor/fog directly in front of Xenon low beams. No fix possible except $4K for new lights. Known issue with Mercedes, although apparently rare in the wild. I just noticed one in a parking lot with an identical issue. But the real issue with the car is the road noise - e350 4Matic wagon. It seems to come from behind the driver's seat and either through inadequately insulated passenger doors or rear cargo area. Terrible in comparison to our 17 year old BMW e38. We like the 2011 Benz over new models as in-dash display becomes a giant ugly obstruction in newer models. Tight steering. Comfortable, even if noisy. Already realizing add'l roadworthiness from 4matic. Great brakes and decent handling for a wagon."

I have enjoyed this car.

By on Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pros: "It drives and steers wonderfully and great safety"

Cons: "expensive"

"I have enjoyed this car."

Awesome combination of comfort and power

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Incredibly comfortable and responsive at the same."

"Prefer it over the S550"

seats uncomfortable

By on Wednesday, January 8, 2014

"seats uncomfortable and hard"

Very safe 5500 Lb car gets 42-43mpg at 70-75 mph

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Cons: "Steering wheel blocks turn signal indicators"

"Turbo diesel Bluetec has great pickup, quiet, no diesel smell or fumes/soot of old ones, great mileage, large 20 gal fuel tank that will outlast my bladder going ~800 miles on a single tank...! Prefer the 2006-2009 euro style with bug eye oval headlites vs the "slant-eyed" looking headlites, more like the asian vehicles ( toyota, nissan, lexus, infiniti, etc...), than this taller, bigger bulkier current version. Probably so more overweight Americans can get into them... Backup camera fantastic...accurate to park within ~2 inches. Need one for the front that turns on under 5mph...instead of the yellow/red proximity LEDs. Get rid of steering wheel shift paddles or make console shifter an option."

Great car keeps getting better!

By on Sunday, July 26, 2009

"This is a 2009 E550 with AMG sport package. It is my 9th Mercedes and 5th E Class. I just ended a lease on a 2007 E350 and this '09 E550 is by far the best of them all. The difference in quality from the '07 is noticeable and the performance is awsome! It is fast and tight. I went from a 2004 E500 to the 2007 E350 and found the performance disappointing. The E550 is a huge leap beyond both of the previous cars. The unseen improvements in this car make it the best of the best. With the 2010 body change, there are real bargains on new 2009 models with the same power train as the 2010's."

Reliable Luxury and Performance

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pros: "Exceptional mileage, performance and appearance"

Cons: "A bit on the pricey end"

"Driving the vehicle has not only been fun, but, satisfying too as you watch your fuel efficiency increase while you drive down the highway. The best MPG has been as high 42. Generally driving about town it is in low 30s but still much better than my old E350 gas model. The clean diesel technology leaves you with a quite and non-offense exhaust system that betters all gas vehicles, IMO. The vehicle handles exceptionally, and the acceleration is probably not what one would expect, but the torque clearly gives the vehicle a jump start that you might see in an electric car. ;)"

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next