2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Luxury Version Gives Smooth Ride, Comfort

By on Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Pros: "Ride quality, mileage far above EPA estimate"

Cons: "Options are pricey and bundled."

"Lots of cars in this class, lots of choices. You'll like this car, especially the Luxury version if: (1) you want a gentle, comfortable and quiet ride, but still with European feel and control; (2) you want an interior that adds ambience and a high end feel without gimmicks or aggressive styling; (3) you're "of a certain age" and have had enough of the aggressive, loud and hard riding sedans designed for high speed track use, but are far less useful in daily driving You can add features to the basic E350 package, but for me the base car is perfect. You don't get XM/Sirius radio or Navigation, but Bluetooth is standard and pairs easily with my SmartPhone, giving me both features at no added cost. The standard radio is also HD - a nice touch. Basics also include real tires with spare (unlike some competitors), fully adjustable seats with 3 memory settings, power sunroof with tilt feature, LED headlights - (low beam only) and LED taillights, economy/sport mode shifting with paddle shifters on the steering column. Mileage is exceptional - near mid 30s on highway on 65 MPH cruise control; still over 30 up to 70+. I bought a 2015 CPO car from an authorized MB dealer for a very attractive price - maybe the base model car wasn't in high demand, but regardless of the reason for the low price I prefer the base car for many reasons - easy on the wallet, less to go wrong when the warranty expires, has all the things I need. I considered the Audi A6 - another very nice car, with a very attractive interior. I preferred the MB V6 instead of the standard 4 cylinder in the Audi and felt that the MB 7 speed transmission was far smoother than the Audi. Compared to the BMW 5 the MB has a far better ride - the BMW comes with run flat tires - very rough ride on all surfaces (I've owned 5 BMWs, wish they didn't change the tires). The MB also has a more attractive interior, and is noticeably more comfortable on the road. I tried the Jaguar XF - didn't like the very high sill height - felt very claustrophobic in the car, and for shorter drivers the A pillar is too close to your head for my taste. The Lexus E class is "OK", but I don't like the feel of the front wheel drive and found the car somewhat boring to drive. It's a very well made car, but it just didn't work for me. I'm sure you'll have other opinions from mine, but I'd urge you to at least take a look at the MB for yourself before deciding on another car in this category. Like me you may be surprised and find that "This is the one"."

Love this car

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Pros: "nice ride, good looks, reliable"

Cons: "interior temp is very hot in the summer, pricey"

"I love this car even though I've had some minor problems with it. I bought it new and after a year I had to have some of the wood trim replaced because it developed some cracks. They replaced the cracked pieces of trim and left the original trim that was not cracked. The original trim had already started fading so it was slightly lighter in tone than the new trim. The dealer would not replace all of the trim so I could have a uniform appearance. No other problems until a couple of weeks ago the Express Up/Down feature stopped working on the driver side window. So I need to keep the button pressed until the window is completely up or down. The Express Up/Down feature allows you to quickly press the button then let go and the window continues up or down by itself. So that needs to be fixed. The car gets VERY hot if it sits in the sun. I assume that because it is a black car it holds the heat more than a lighter colored car would. Other than that the car has been reliable and comfortable and nice to drive. Love it."

Will never buy another Mercedes again

By on Friday, June 10, 2016

Pros: "good performance, nice engine/power"

Cons: "horrible and cheap interior/exterior finish"

"Loved the car's engine and power. It was a lovely looking car from a distance. For what I paid, the interior and exterior finish were terrible. Had higher expectations for a high end top selling maker. The finish seemed quite cheap and interior trim was falling apart within months of purchase. We had a family Audi and now I am on the hunt for a new car and I'm going back to Audi."

Wish I'd Spent More Time Researching

By on Monday, November 23, 2015

Pros: "Tight steering. Creature comforts."

Cons: "Xenon lights. ROAD NOISE!"

"Polycarbonate headlight covers will discolor/fog directly in front of Xenon low beams. No fix possible except $4K for new lights. Known issue with Mercedes, although apparently rare in the wild. I just noticed one in a parking lot with an identical issue. But the real issue with the car is the road noise - e350 4Matic wagon. It seems to come from behind the driver's seat and either through inadequately insulated passenger doors or rear cargo area. Terrible in comparison to our 17 year old BMW e38. We like the 2011 Benz over new models as in-dash display becomes a giant ugly obstruction in newer models. Tight steering. Comfortable, even if noisy. Already realizing add'l roadworthiness from 4matic. Great brakes and decent handling for a wagon."

I have enjoyed this car.

By on Thursday, May 21, 2015

Pros: "It drives and steers wonderfully and great safety"

Cons: "expensive"

"I have enjoyed this car."

Awesome combination of comfort and power

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Incredibly comfortable and responsive at the same."

"Prefer it over the S550"

seats uncomfortable

By on Wednesday, January 8, 2014

"seats uncomfortable and hard"

Very safe 5500 Lb car gets 42-43mpg at 70-75 mph

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Cons: "Steering wheel blocks turn signal indicators"

"Turbo diesel Bluetec has great pickup, quiet, no diesel smell or fumes/soot of old ones, great mileage, large 20 gal fuel tank that will outlast my bladder going ~800 miles on a single tank...! Prefer the 2006-2009 euro style with bug eye oval headlites vs the "slant-eyed" looking headlites, more like the asian vehicles ( toyota, nissan, lexus, infiniti, etc...), than this taller, bigger bulkier current version. Probably so more overweight Americans can get into them... Backup camera fantastic...accurate to park within ~2 inches. Need one for the front that turns on under 5mph...instead of the yellow/red proximity LEDs. Get rid of steering wheel shift paddles or make console shifter an option."

Great car keeps getting better!

By on Sunday, July 26, 2009

"This is a 2009 E550 with AMG sport package. It is my 9th Mercedes and 5th E Class. I just ended a lease on a 2007 E350 and this '09 E550 is by far the best of them all. The difference in quality from the '07 is noticeable and the performance is awsome! It is fast and tight. I went from a 2004 E500 to the 2007 E350 and found the performance disappointing. The E550 is a huge leap beyond both of the previous cars. The unseen improvements in this car make it the best of the best. With the 2010 body change, there are real bargains on new 2009 models with the same power train as the 2010's."

Reliable Luxury and Performance

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pros: "Exceptional mileage, performance and appearance"

Cons: "A bit on the pricey end"

"Driving the vehicle has not only been fun, but, satisfying too as you watch your fuel efficiency increase while you drive down the highway. The best MPG has been as high 42. Generally driving about town it is in low 30s but still much better than my old E350 gas model. The clean diesel technology leaves you with a quite and non-offense exhaust system that betters all gas vehicles, IMO. The vehicle handles exceptionally, and the acceleration is probably not what one would expect, but the torque clearly gives the vehicle a jump start that you might see in an electric car. ;)"