2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

Class Ride

By on Saturday, July 4, 2009

"Purchased a used one with 75K miles. Now have over 100K miles. Only problem was burned out light bulb. Very pleased with ride and comfort. Excellent road car for long trips. Very pleased with fuel economy. Plan to buy a new one when this one hits 200K miles. You can really tell the favorable difference between this and American/Japanese cars."

Well worth the money

By on Saturday, March 18, 2017

Pros: "overall very solid car, ride comfort"

Cons: "5 spd auto (4matic models)"

"The key to buying a car is research; in order to find the best one, research the model, the problems it faced, and talk with mechanics/previous owners. My mechanic (who specializes in German cars) told me to avoid the 550 models due to electronic problems, especially air suspension. And after checking out the e class, I made sure to buy the face lifted model from 07-09, as the 03-06 faced many issues and latter models were improved significantly. I found a 2008 E350 4Matic (No air suspension) with 85,000 miles for 11,000. I bought it and I absolutely love this car. I bought this car last year and now I have 112,000 miles (yes I drive a lot). The only problems I had were standard maintenance items like a fuel pump and the front CV axle rubber boots (they tend to rip after 100K miles on any car). The most annoying issue I faced was cracked rims; 06-14 models have defective/weak rims that were prone to cracking from regular driving. Not a big deal, I replaced the rims and the car is absolutely gorgeous. The interior is very solid, the car rides very smooth, the V6 is plentiful in power, and both the interior and exterior look timeless. If you want a sports car, this is not it; get a 535xi. The E350 is designed with ride comfort in mind, that being said, even the V6 is no slow poke at all. The only thing I do not like is the 5 speed gearbox with the 4Matics; it is clumsy at times and shifts awkwardly at times. Again, not a big issue and I am knit-picking at this point. This car was well worth the money and I am extremely satisfied with this car. The key to maintaining any European car is preventative maintenance; I have my alignment done twice a year, rotate my tires every 7500 miles, change my oil every 5K miles (may be a bit often, but it never hurts), use only premium 93 gas, etc. If you treat the car well, it will treat you well and you will avoid the expensive costs. Plus I am a college student, so my budget is not high at all."

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"I drove the 2008 E320 Bluetec from Stuttgart to Munich for five days in terrible rain. It handled superbly on the autobahn as well as the mountain back roads. The only drawback is that the wiper blades are not fast enough in heavy rains. The defogger worked, the road handling was superb and the power to handle the autobahn was there when called upon. The gas mileage was more than projected. Nice comfortable ride and easy to handle."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted