2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 644 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Just so so

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Overall, no major issues but many minor ones. Surprising high road noise while driving, was not expecting that from a MB. Harmon Kardon stereo was awful. An old Accord's sound was much better. And was far worse than, for instance, Maxima's Bose systems. The 2010 editions have improved the sound by adding 2 speakers and better iPod integration. The retail tires only last for around 20k miles before needing replacement. The driver side mirror started fading and cracked. Positives are the interior styling is nice and MB roadside service. Overall, I was a bit disappointed after three years of ownership."

mbnze500

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"great car! fast! safe! comfortable! reliable!"

E class with 5 liter

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"FANTASTIC car. I've owned two Jags and a C class MB, and none of them came close to this car. You will Love it!"

Never Again

By on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"This E320 4Matic Wagon was the third MB Wagon and the 5th MB overall that I have owned. It was also my last MB for the foreseeable future. I bought this wagon as a certified preowned with 37K miles and purchased the extended warranty coverage yet still sold it off after less than 1 year with less than 44K miles. The electrical was a constant nightmare, the seats sometimes stuck in position for no reason at all, the navigation system would shut down and the satellite radio would just cut off. I am not hard on cars -- no kids, no animals, a fourth car in a 2 person family. Avoid this model! Boy do I miss the reliability of the old MB brand -- and my 1987 turbo diesel wagon. Wish I had that one back!"

Love It..

By on Saturday, June 21, 2008

"I have been driving my MB E320 CDI for over two years now and LOVE it. The gas mileage is very sweet, EVEN with the price of diesel. My only complaint IF I have to voice one...the car does not handle as well as I would expect on wet pavement. My last car was an all wheel drive SUV so perhaps I just got used to the great ability to drive through anything. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat."

E320

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"This my first E-class. I have owned numerous BMWs for about ten years and did not like the "flame sculpting" body styling of the new BMWs. The E-class is a comfortable cruiser and is an excellent package. All automobiles have issues of one kind or another, so perfection is not achievable. My only criticism is that the resale value of the E-calss seems to be below average, when compared to other cars and that's disappointing, considering how much they cost new. Buying used is probably the way to go with MB."

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

By on Monday, February 18, 2008

OK car

By on Monday, October 8, 2007

"For the money I think MB ought to include maintanance in the S/P like BMW. Factory tires wore out fairly quickly as well as brakes. The car is nice to drive and it is stylish. Is very low to the ground and can be a chore to get out of."

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle for 1 1/2 yrs. I like it very much. It could have better gas mileage in the city. So far I have not had any major mechanical problems. My maintenance cost has been $0. All of service on this vehicle was covered by its warranty. All recalls were done for free. I hope to own this vehicle for the next decade."