2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 508 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

Most dependable vehicle

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I am the original owner and have enjoyed this car immensely. Except for normal wear and tear (tire replacement), the only problem in the first five years was a battery replacement which was done under warranty. I followed the scheduled maintainence/service program. Car has plenty of pickup still and is extremely dependable--driven almost every weekday for 7 years except vacation."

Amazing Car

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

"I have owned this car since 2009 and I have never had any major trouble with it. The only problem I've faced is that the CD changer died, but that's a minor inconvenience. I bought it with 108000 miles and in the last 3 years, I have put an additional 34000 miles on it. This car loves to chew down on highway miles (I once got 33 mpg on it, but it averages between 26 and 29 mpg on the highway). It's the best car I have ever owned."

Currently enjoying a 185,000 mile relationship

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, feeling of security ( a heavy car) ageless style, good gas milage."

Cons: "The mercilessly high prices Mercedes Benz charges for parts (and service)"

"185,000 miles thus far well worth the investment."

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"I have owned this car for seven years. It's my Sunday driver and has only 23,832 original miles. Looks are classic, European, handsome, masculine, and timeless. The leather smells brand new every time I open the doors. The metallic green paint is rich and glossy. The straight six 230 hp engine tugs like a locomotive. Lots of torque. The Bose sound system cannot be matched. It's practical yet made for show. You can drive all day at very high speeds and never become fatigued. There are no ergonomic drawbacks.No rattles. Hugely dependable. Probably the best Benz ever designed. Striking to behold and drive. I plan to keep this car perfect for 30 more years. I cannot believe the new E-Class cars draw this much pride."

Great used MB E320 4M

By on Thursday, August 5, 2010

"I bought this vehicle from a wholesaler with 118,000 miles on the odometer. I had approximately 8 years worth of dealer service records with the car. After much looking, I would never buy one without having access to several prior years of dealer service records. It had a few minor issues, since repaired. The dash digital displays for temperature, time and transmission gear were toasted when I got it but the service records seem to show this was a continual problem. The good news is I don't really need them so I don't worry about it. This is the best used car purchase I've ever made (except for my Corvettes, of course). No real problems in 10,000 miles. I don't hesitate to take it on 4-6 hour trips. Rides great, handles pretty good for a luxury ride (my other cars are a BMW 525, Lincoln Navigator and a Corvette), has plenty of interior and trunk room for all our stuff, great sound system (Bose) and the security of all wheel drive. I will definitely drive it till the wheels fall off and then I'll get another, maybe an S class next time."

By on Friday, April 23, 2010

A Gem of a car

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"I bought my 2000 E430 4matic new and it's almost 10 years. Worth every penny. handles better in snow than my 4wd pickup. Safety at high speeds with all 4 wheels pulling is the best feeling. Going on 112,000 miles now and still running strong."

good vehicle

By on Sunday, November 30, 2008

"I bought this 1999 E320 4matic used as a Starmark preowned in 2004 for about $24,000. Had approx. 45000 miles and now has 95500. Have not had serious problems. Get about 25 mpg in mixed driving. AWD assures that it goes well in snow. Kept up A and B services as recommended. Cracks in dashboard have appeared at edges of defroster outlets. Even routine service on MBs is expensive. Getting ready to trade for a used one owner 2001 Lexus LS430 with 35,500 miles for $9000 difference. Will see how they compare."

2002 E320

By on Friday, November 7, 2008

"I bought this car used with 42,000 miles from dealership. Now has 110k on it. Pros: Runs excellent. Built like a tank - so solid. Great power - smooth like a Benz should be. Auto shifter is great. Oil filter on top - easy to change with oil boy. Milage 25mpg on average. I get 29 on highway with cruise. Cons: $1000 for a muffler. Benz maintenance is big $$ Power locks flaky Push button key fob is weird. No rear seat pass through. Over all, I am very pleased with this car. Paid 34k used versus 55k new. You do the math. If you want a really SOLID car - check out a used Benz. But save up about 2,000 for normal maintenance."

Not what they used to be!

By on Thursday, July 10, 2008

"The overall quality and value that Mercedes once represented, is no longer! Although I am a low mileage driver, I have experienced numerous mechanical problems, plastic parts breaking and maintenance issues before they were normally due. When replacing parts, many items only come as an entire unit, rather than breaking down the operating system into individual parts, which makes the replacement outrageously expensive and wasteful. I have owned eight different Mercedes models and I am certain, this is the last Mercedes I will ever own."