2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 507 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

Best car I have ever own for the money.

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "Very dependable"

Cons: "Costly repairs but not that often."

"I've owned several high end cars and usually trade them in before I get close to +80k miles. But this car even now drives and performs like a newer car. I often wondered why I would see several older models on the road now I know why they don't quite. Repairs are on the high end but not as often. Well worth the money I paid new."

E-300 Diesel Review

By on Thursday, May 1, 2008

"Super dependable, however just about everything outside of the drive trian and brakes has broken. My wife's Pontiac's sunfire has a better track record. Electrical switches are all failing one by one, suspension has had several costly issues, and the AC components constantly fail. All are documented issues online. Good to great fuel economy, have reached 38 Mpg traveling at 70 Mph, but don't expect this to be a worry free fuel-up-and-go car."

Solid Family Car

By on Thursday, December 6, 2007

"I bought a 2001 E320 with 120,000 miles in 2004. Drove it for nearly 4 years and had no major maintenance problem. Had to change both catalytic convertors ($1200 ea) and replaced both rear windows regulators. I followed the "A" and "B" maintenance schedules using a local MB mechanic. I really enjoy driving the car, and I do a lot of driving. I feel safe with two kids in the rear seat. It has 186,000 miles now, and still runs great and is as comfortable as my living room chair. Safe car for mothers with small children."

One of the best values for money in a used car.

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Quality, MPG, Luxury, Price, Reliability."

Cons: "It's not an S-Class?"

"I have owned this car for quite a few years. The first thing i am going to say is, what a great car! The interior layout is very conducive to comfort. The controls are placed in all the logical places. And the quality in craftsmanship is top notch. This is the last year before MB and Chrysler merger. And the quality is pure MB. My 320 is a de-badged SPORT model. So there are a few upgrades from the standard equipment model. And for a mid sized sedan it handles beautifully. With 161k on the trip you would think there would be some normal wear and tear items needing repair. But the truth is that there really isn't anything mechanically wrong with this car. My plan is to definitely replace this one down the road with a newer C300 SPORT. But I cant see myself ever getting rid of this one. Bottom line, great car. And for the money i don't think there is a better deal out there."

love it

By on Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pros: "fun, gorgeous, powerful enough"

Cons: "suspension is subpar"

fresh

"love it, but unfortunately i have to sell it. at this mileage its turned into a money pit, but its going to be hard to let go"

fresh